5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No word on motor from Ramsey CDJR, NJ other than replacement.
That warranty stopped in 2018. I believe the lifetime warranty was produced to encourage people to make the move to Dodge after some bad years and bad reputation. I have a friend who put his granddaughter on the registration and warranty years before I purchased in 2018.
What happened to your motor?

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Motor quit on NY Thruway, no word from dealership on cause other than replacement. Out of warranty but I have a lifetime warranty. Told 2 to 3 months, currently 6+ weeks
😲😲😲😲😲😲😲

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
😲😲😲😲😲😲😲
I'm fortunate to have been on the forum prior to buying the Ram. I was fairly informed when I built the Ram, still missed bed package which is a good deal. The 5th gen forum informed me of the lifetime warranty - thank you to those members, I usually don't buy warranties.

On another point is the 2 to 3 month wait time. Again the forum has members posting their experiences and some have been very bad. I have had a fairly good experience with issues and felt I was one of the lucky ones, particularly being an early buyer with a new model vehicle. I did not expect good news with my truck and it is a huge inconvenience and have other vehicles, family and friends. But would any forum members want to swap out their Ram for a 1990 Toyota Celica w/o AC. I grew up driving what I could afford so it brings me back to my early adulthood.

As with everybody life has it's ups and downs. Not having the truck is a down but a small one in the scheme of life.

I've learned and live the serenity prayer, my health is better for it.

And I am concerned about Ram and their company. I enjoy the vehicle immensely, probably one of the best things I have done for myself. But a 2 to 3 month wait is not good for anybody. It is not a good business model.

My dad had a 1966 dodge, great car, loved it, unfortunately it was in an accident and dad decided to get a 1970 dodge Polaris. It was a disaster with problems and he vowed never again with dodge. In his next 49 years of life he never would consider another. His 199? Ford Crown Victoria served him well and the neighbor after his passing.

I hope Stellantis, Ram and Ram Cares are listening and taking action to better serve their customers. That is if they want to keep them coming back.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually scouted a Ford dealership yesterday purely because of consistently poor service experiences with dodge. I am not one of those customers that will throw a tantrum and threaten law suits to get stuff done.

If I'm not happy, I walk. And I'm lacing up my boots right about now.

Jako

Reaction score
I actually scouted a Ford dealership yesterday purely because of consistently poor service experiences with dodge. I am not one of those customers that will throw a tantrum and threaten law suits to get stuff done.

If I'm not happy, I walk. And I'm lacing up my boots right about now.
It seems dealerships are having service problems, not sure which brands are better. Not particularly impressed by the dealership where I purchased my Ram. They are inundated with vehicles to the point if you did not purchase from them they will not service your vehicle and are weeks if not a month out. "Did you buy the vehicle here" was the 1st questioned asked.
It seems to me based on the hourly rate that it is profitable to have a good service department.

And just like you I will be taking into consideration "service" on my next vehicle purchase.

Jedi9

Reaction score
But also as you said, service departments all over are swamped, so it's still profitable to have a poor service dept. some dealerships are better to purchase a vehicle from but you may not want them to service your vehicle.

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
And just like you I will be taking into consideration "service" on my next vehicle purchase.
I will definitely be putting service at the top of my requirements on my next vehicle. I had one minor issue and my local dealer, who I've bought 3 vehicles from in the last 5 years, jerked me around big time for months. Excuse after lame excuse.

I called a dealer an hour away and they got me taken care of in and out the next day. They were very professional and really fixed the problem. I wasted months fooling with my own local dealer.

I did try another local dealer and they guy said they had one tech on staff and I would be the 37th vehicle in line. Big newer dealership too. Rams dealer network sucks for service (except one I know of)

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The sad reality is that the "dealership" criterion is always gonna put you in a game of Russian roulette. It's a lesson that can only be learned through experience as even first-hand accounts won't count for much (your buddy's experience will not necessarily be yours).

For me, I'm fine to take that chance. I see no need to stick with something out of fear of what I could get into somewhere else. Life is too short and I take the responsibility of caring for my family way too seriously.

(Yes....having a healthy, reliable vehicle is a family-based decision for me.)

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
Ironically enough; 90% of those trucks could sport those wheels as they'll never leave the Tarmac. I can't tell you the number of AEV/custom Jeeps builds we've done that will never see a dirt road. They just want it to look cool. To each their own.

I always get crap about lowering my 4x4, but at least I'm honest with myself that I own a pavement princess. :LOL:

Jmacnorth

Reaction score
Swapped in some Rebel style LED taillights with lightly smoked lenses to replace the non-LED OEM ones my truck came with. I am very happy with the results. It was just the change I was looking for. Now I need to do something about the third brake light as it is still incandescent. I am looking for a complete assembly replacement, not just LED bulbs. Not gonna pay for the Mopar ones either, lol. Any suggestions?

Before:
View attachment 185144

After:

View attachment 185145

View attachment 185146 Nice, I’m looking to do the same, where did you get them? Recon has nice 3rd brake $300 +but I know guys on here got some from Amazon less then $100 and no complaints

boogielander

Reaction score
Xpel PPF on nose and headlights, small tint strip across top of windshield, Xpel ceramic paint protection on body, wheels, and windows and Schildmeier rear post hole covers.

saturday Bakflip MX4 goes on.
you just reminded me that I still need to do PPF on my heaadlights before going to on Dalton and Dempster highway next month.

thanks!! I completely forgot about that lol

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you just reminded me that I still need to do PPF on my heaadlights before going to on Dalton and Dempster highway next month.

thanks!! I completely forgot about that lol.
I did the AVS Hood Protector and 3M Clear PPF to my Headlights, Fog-lights, Full Front including Grille, 1/4 Hood, 1/4 Roof, Door Pillars, Mirror Caps, Door Edges and 1/2 Wheel Flare Protection as soon as I bought my truck almost 4 years ago. I have some marks in the PPF, but NO stone chips through to the paint anywhere. I got the front windows tinted at the same time. $750 CAD for all the PPF and Tint. Small investment for longevity!

IMG_9097.jpeg
IMG_9365.jpeg
IMG_9334.jpeg
IMG_9335.jpeg
IMG_0407.jpeg
IMG_0408.jpeg
IMG_1359.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread