5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

stevieb92

Reaction score
Thanks man. I look forward to seeing your video. I have the rear bumper step and believe it will need to be notched out to accommodate the Vice brackets. Do you have the step as well?

Thanks! I don't have the step. The instructions were pretty detailed and also had a few lines about what modifications to make if you have the step.

I just noticed you have 285/65R20 tires on your truck. Any clearance issues? I've been waffling between 285/65R20 and 295/65R20 on my Rebel. I've got Eibach coilovers and JBA UCAs waiting to go on. Any pics handy?

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks! I don't have the step. The instructions were pretty detailed and also had a few lines about what modifications to make if you have the step.

I just noticed you have 285/65R20 tires on your truck. Any clearance issues? I've been waffling between 285/65R20 and 295/65R20 on my Rebel. I've got Eibach coilovers and JBA UCAs waiting to go on. Any pics handy?
Thanks man. Appreciate the help.

I have zero clearance issues. Had slight rub with front Husky splash guards but removed them.

img_1057-jpeg.185564

IMG_1062.jpeg IMG_9914.jpeg IMG_9542.jpeg

I do run BORA spacers so that helped avoid clearance issues.

Attachments

• IMG_1057.jpeg
    IMG_1057.jpeg
    256.7 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_2209.jpeg
    IMG_2209.jpeg
    232.4 KB · Views: 6

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From order to delivery it was about a week and a half. They are pricey, but it was a plug and play deal for the most part. It took me about an hour for install, while capturing video for my YouTube channel, so probably less than 30 minutes if you didn't have to mess with cameras and that stuff. There are a couple things I would change if I designed them, but they worked. I had to add washers in several spots because their holes were way oversized.
With that being said ( adding washers ) would you feel comfortable pulling or being pulled from those hooks now??

stevieb92

Reaction score
With that being said ( adding washers ) would you feel comfortable pulling or being pulled from those hooks now??
Yeah, totally. The washers were added under the OEM flange nuts that these brackets go underneath that attach the bumper to the frame. When tightening these flange nuts, they wanted to pull into the hole, so I added some thick flat washers to avoid that. In the situation from pulling or being pulled, the force is in the opposite direction. So, no worries.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought the Vice Designs rear recovery hooks brackets and installed them along with the tow hooks today.

View attachment 185558
Forgive me for questioning, but don’t all our hitches already have a place for hook attachments? It would seem simpler (in my mind) to just add a shackle hitch receiver for recovery like this ($52CAD). Not that your setup may add additional merits I’m unaware of. What’s the breaking point of those hooks? Typically, Ram tow hooks are only rated for up to 5500 lbs.
Was just a thought.

IMG_0459.png

stevieb92

Reaction score
Forgive me for questioning, but don’t all our hitches already have a place for hook attachments? It would seem simpler (in my mind) to just add a shackle hitch receiver for recovery like this ($52CAD). Not that your setup may add additional merits I’m unaware of. What’s the breaking point of those hooks? Typically, Ram tow hooks are only rated for up to 5500 lbs.
Was just a thought.

View attachment 185591
That is another option. I like having options for a recovery point attachment.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I should've gotten pictures but the truck has started it's new duty as a Softball Travel Hauler for the family as my oldest begins her travel ball career. 😮‍💨 Played 6 games as a pick up but brought home 2nd place. The little one just started competition cheer as well. So the poor truck is only getting mandatory parts for the foreseeable future lol.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I should've gotten pictures but the truck has started it's new duty as a Softball Travel Hauler for the family as my oldest begins her travel ball career. 😮‍💨 Played 6 games as a pick up but brought home 2nd place. The little one just started competition cheer as well. So the poor truck is only getting mandatory parts for the foreseeable future lol.
Nonsense, I've used the "it would be easier to haul the gear" excuse for parts lol added bed lights and the wife loved lighting up the bed during the winter late games lol

boogielander

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
i see this going from an open bed to a bed with cover, then eventually a camper gonna go on top for more secure storage.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on where he lives. If he lives in an area like I do, only need a visual inspection to pass. This would check that box, if he needed yearly inspections.
Could just knock the guts out of the factory cats. Cheaper ways to do it. If there is no sniff check, then it doesn't matter. And most aftermarket high flow cats won't even pass sniff test, and don't even help performance that much

Asahdev17

Reaction score
Why not just get rid of the cats all together at that point?
This was the best option for a bolt on exhaust. I like doing my own work and Im going to put on shorty headers myself right too soon. I woulda got long tubes if they had a full bolt on kit. T

Users who are viewing this thread