5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
02EF60C0-4805-45DA-AE1B-ADE22F549DD4.jpeg
25A34088-8785-4890-8332-7AE155D08BBC.jpeg

Got to practice changing a tire in a Lowe’s parking lot. First time I’ve had to do it on my Ram, everything worked just like it should have, not the worst design I’ve encountered. I carry a plug kit with me, but failed to have my portable compressor in truck - rectified that when I got home.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Changed the right UCA two weeks ago, now hearing a 'squeaky squeaky' somewhere on the left side of the front end.
🤦‍♂️

W Six

Reaction score
Prepped the voltage to put a new left hi be in tomorrow, as well, washed the rear inner fender area off so I can I tall the new Husky wheel well liners after spraying everything with PB Blaster Surface Shield in the am....

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
View attachment 185311
View attachment 185313

Got to practice changing a tire in a Lowe’s parking lot. First time I’ve had to do it on my Ram, everything worked just like it should have, not the worst design I’ve encountered. I carry a plug kit with me, but failed to have my portable compressor in truck - rectified that when I got home.

I literally went through the same thing the other day, but at home depot.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Changed the right UCA two weeks ago, now hearing a 'squeaky squeaky' somewhere on the left side of the front end.
🤦‍♂️
I got a squeak developing somewhere in the front too. It's low speed turning, like in a parking lot. Can't tell if it's suspension or steering, I need to investigate. I'm assuming it's a ball joint / uca issue though since I did a level and never upgraded arms.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got a squeak developing somewhere in the front too. It's low speed turning, like in a parking lot. Can't tell if it's suspension or steering, I need to investigate. I'm assuming it's a ball joint / uca issue though since I did a level and never upgraded arms.
Mine squeaks with wheel bounce or body rock. But it only started after the right UCA replacement and subsequent alignment.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine squeaks with wheel bounce or body rock. But it only started after the right UCA replacement and subsequent alignment.
I can't remember exactly, but I figure I have about 20k miles on my level, so I'm figuring stuff is just wearing out. I'm gonna probably do aftermarket uppers and replace the lower joints. Especially if I can find something greaseable. The idea of having non greaseable suspension parts is absolutely moronic in my opinion.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't remember exactly, but I figure I have about 20k miles on my level, so I'm figuring stuff is just wearing out. I'm gonna probably do aftermarket uppers and replace the lower joints. Especially if I can find something greaseable. The idea of having non greaseable suspension parts is absolutely moronic in my opinion.
What really grinds my gears is the timing of all this.

I have just under 40k miles on the level and it has all been good.....until the right UCA gave out the other day. At the time that it happened, I thought to replace both sides with forged options, but couldn't afford to be without the truck for a week (waiting parts came in and to get into the local shop). I live 30 mins from work and it was busy season that would not allow me to work from home.

Plus my wife's car essentially died 2 days after my truck went down so I needed it back lickety split. Had to go with the OEM version that the dealership had in stock.

To think now that I will have to pull it all apart again after just spending $1,000 is giving me grey hairs on my bald head.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What really grinds my gears is the timing of all this.

I have just under 40k miles on the level and it has all been good.....until the right UCA gave out the other day. At the time that it happened, I thought to replace both sides with forged options, but couldn't afford to be without the truck for a week (waiting parts came in and to get into the local shop). I live 30 mins from work and it was busy season that would not allow me to work from home.

Plus my wife's car essentially died 2 days after my truck went down so I needed it back lickety split. Had to go with the OEM version that the dealership had in stock.

To think now that I will have to pull it all apart again after just spending $1,000 is giving me grey hairs on my bald head.
That sucks. Man, when it rains it pours. I've heard (mostly on facebook) of guys having failures (most of whom have levels / lifts). That's why I'm gonna do mine preemptively now I think. I probably should have done it correctly when I first did it, but I was cheap and at the time, hadn't heard of any issues. Hopefully your solution will buy you some more time.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
View attachment 185311
View attachment 185313

I took mine out and leave it in the bed under the backflip cover. Don't want to be trying to work the mechanism in the dark on the side of a non lit road…

You're right though, it wasn't a very difficult system. At my age with a jacked up shoulder, anything that I can do to make the eventual job easier is good.

Last edited:

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
same here, will install new uca's hopefully this weekend and will report back

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread