5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

boogielander

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Neither of those should be an issue. ARB recommends a manifold but if you call them they will tell you it’s not needed. I used an SDHQ manifold mount for mine. He may have cut the factory harness before the diode. I used the NH Overland trigger wire and ran it direct to my 15 amp auxbeam input. ARB says you only need an 8 amp connection to the relay. His main power is already direct to the battery.
oh yeah definitely.
i was just spitballing what i saw that i didn't like (aka, not how i'd install on a customer's rig) and i never ran into issues like that.

edit: I also run the pressure switch on the manifold as well. That way, the compressor turns off by itself when I shut the valve on my 4-way inflator/ deflator hose kit to let the pressure stabilize before I measure.

Last edited:

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Surprised you guys aren’t spending a bit more and getting the k&n cabin air washable filter and clean it once or more a year.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Shoot, I even have a K&N filter for my HVAC in my house. It has to have added at least 10hp to the house.
With this heatwave we just experienced in the NE, I’m thinking about putting a Whipple or a ProCharger on my AC unit…but in reality I’ll probably just stick with the SO AC unit because the HO SST is is out of my budget. 🤷🏻‍♂️😝

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was a disposable user then it dawned on me.. reusable doesn’t cost to much more. I will say it did seem like the blower motor wasn’t running as hard after the change and my old filter wasn’t really bad and didn’t really need to be changed right then and there but its part of my spring cleaning.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When I was little, my family lived in a trailer house. My dad would set up on if those garden sprinkler hoses on the roof to help keep it cool in summer.
Not gonna lie, I used to water everything...the roof, the air conditioner, everything. It really does make a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online