5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is pretty much the only thread I follow here. Just interesting to see who everyone is and who the person is behind the truck, their mods and the comments they make. Quite revealing actually and personalize’s this thread a bit as to who we are as Ram owners. Kinda like a meet and greet.
I’ll admit, maybe not a mod specific post but there’s also a lot of off-topic posts here. If you or others are too shy to post a pic of yourself, I understand. It’s Nice to meet whoever does.
I will put up my mugshot 3 years from now when I retire.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Took apart the front end for the third time since January and put in Bilstein 4600 struts, also did 4600 shocks in the rear. I tried Eibach coilovers but they were *expletive deleted* and rode like worn out struts. At any rate the originals went back in around February and they have really turned to mush since then. Only took a ride around the block on the Bilsteins but the ride is noticeably improved.

Not going to smear Eibach too much, mistakes happen but customer service is lacking. Also, their design is questionable, as in they are too long. At full droop it stretched the brake lines tight and put an extreme angle on the axles.

paulbarrel

Reaction score
Got some vinyl laid on the front of my truck today. Also painted some badges and added some vinyl overlays.
Definitely not going to be everyone's cup of tea but it's mine and I like it. lol.
Go easy on me, I suck at vinyl.
Definitely needs a good wash but looks like 3 days of rain coming in Michigan. Might as well wait.

Attachments

• Rear1.jpg
    Rear1.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Orange Ram2.jpg
    Orange Ram2.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 90
  • orange badge.jpg
    orange badge.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 89

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got some vinyl laid on the front of my truck today. Also painted some badges and added some vinyl overlays.
Definitely not going to be everyone's cup of tea but it's mine and I like it. lol.
Definitely needs a good wash but looks like 3 days of rain coming in Michigan. Might as well wait.
I’m not mad at it! Good job 👏

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Av1

Reaction score
The hood striping looks good to me. You’ve made it your own.

Sigfla

Reaction score
Bought an ARB twin onboard air setup. Waiting on my NH engine bay mount and air up kit to install. I also ordered a remote bulkhead mount that I may or may not rig up right away. For now I am going to install an air chuck in the ARB manifold. Once I decide on a location for the bulkhead mount and educate myself more on air line fittings I’ll install it or maybe just leave it to a shop to handle sooner than later.

70runner

Reaction score
Week before last, did a tire change from the OE Goodyear Wranglers to Michelin Defender LTX M/S2. Same size LT275-70R18, E load. The Wranglers were terrible in wet conditions. Have a couple 20-25deg incline hills up to my home, asphalt road. If those inclines were wet, the wranglers would quickly lose traction. Had the same Michelins on previous Tundra and they were great in wet conditions. Yea, I know it's SOCAL, but we got nearly 20" of rain this year. Plus the asphalt can get wet in the summer from folks watering their avocado groves.

The Michelins are also much quieter. They weigh about the same as the Wranglers, so mileage seems about same. Less aggressive looking, but I'll sacrifice that for improved grip in wet conditions. Had previously used decals to black out the OE Rebel wheels. Tire guys messed up a couple of the decals but fortunately I have several spares. With the blackwalls, decided to get some white letter permanent stickers from tirestickers.com. They're a bit pricey but good product. Below is before and after. Replaced the decals and left off the small strips along the rim. Whatta you guys think?

before.jpg White ltrs.jpg

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really wanted to get braggin-rights tires this time around (BFG, Duratrac, etc.), but I was able to get these 4 tires for < $1,100 to my door. I couldn't justify spending twice as much just to be able to brag....not when we just bought a new house and we're in recovery mode.

Got my manufacturer rebate for the tires today. So in the end I got a good set of 10ply tires for $1,000 - taxes and shipping included.

70runner

Reaction score
Just me, old school kinda guy, I haven't had white wall letters on my tires since I owned my '82 Scrambler with BF Goodrich M/T's. I guess my point is is, I prefer black wall out.
Yea, been around long enough to have both blackwall and white letters myself. Don't much like the huge white letters, but the MICHELIN size is about right for me. Similar to the huge black RAM on the red tailgate, had to do something to "blend" it.

change_Nov23.jpg

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well just returned from Memorial Day 2024 weekend last night and knocked the F out.
Fulfilled my bucket list of camping on the cliff in Grand Canyon North overlooking Colorado RIver.
1716932693761.png
1716932722511.png
1716932734452.png
Still going through the photos.

Interestingly enough, in 2023 the very same weekend I was also camping along Colorado River, but this time in the Southern side of the Canyon by the water.
1716932868943.png
Massive transformations for the truck setup in 1 year (and yet I was saying I was done with the build a year ago LOL):
LP6 switched to LP9
Squadron Sports switched to XL Racers
Bed Rack and RTT switched to GFC Camper

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Installed my new life quote stickers. (Idea from Game of Thrones show) 7/13/18 I fought off God of Death
I mean... in Haverhill that could mean alotta things. 🤪 😅. Nice to see another M@$$hole Army Vet brother on here! ✊

also just relized thats a super old post... not sure how i got sent back this far in the thread haha.

Last edited:

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been without my truck since Wednesday, new exhaust manifolds are being installed. It should be done today. I miss my truck!

I did finally take a Hurican 6 for a spin, Wagoneer spec and it was pretty impressive, definitely not as jumpy off the line and much quieter, but once you summon the go pedal, she moves and moves fast! :oops:

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Been without my truck since Wednesday, new exhaust manifolds are being installed. It should be done today. I miss my truck!

I did finally take a Hurican 6 for a spin, Wagoneer spec and it was pretty impressive, definitely not as jumpy off the line and much quieter, but once you summon the go pedal, she moves and moves fast! :oops:
Thats the SO version in the Wagoneer, ya?

Users who are viewing this thread