5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

detroitm2

Reaction score
Modified and installed a rambar on my rebel with MFT. A bit of angle grinder work and some paint (yeah, not the cleanest, I know.) worked like a charm. My Retrax MX fit perfectly between the bolts. 1000002366.jpg 1000002370.jpg 1000002369.jpg

Attachments

• 1000002368.jpg
    1000002368.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok so been driving the truck for a day and wow, I had no idea how bad my Exhaust manifolds had gotten! The truck is so much quieter now.

Also got the turn signal switch repaced as it had quit canceling, they also replaced my driver airbag, but did not list that on the repair order? Maybe a recall?

Adrianp89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok so been driving the truck for a day and wow, I had no idea how bad my Exhaust manifolds had gotten! The truck is so much quieter now.

Also got the turn signal switch repaced as it had quit canceling, they also replaced my driver airbag, but did not list that on the repair order? Maybe a recall?
What were your symptoms on turn signal? Mine left one occasionally does not cancel. Do you know if they replaced the clock spring or what?

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What were your symptoms on turn signal? Mine left one occasionally does not cancel. Do you know if they replaced the clock spring or what?
My left turn signal was sometimes difficult to engage and in some cases, it would not stay engaged.

I believe the switch and clock spring are one assembly.

Gren71

Reaction score
Got the fronts tinted to match the factory rear. This is the first vehicle I’ve ever had tinted windows in and they made an immediate difference in the interior temperature… I even had to switch my regular driving sunglasses out for another set with lighter lenses, which I was not expecting

Total sidenote… Does anyone else’s auto stop start engage less often in the summer? Mine basically never engages which is making me think my battery might be not be long for this world. I’m going away for an extended military training event and I’m back-and-forth on replacing the battery tomorrow or not….don’t really want the truck to just die while im gone. IMG_3829.jpeg

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When my battery was going, it showed up in the remote start system first. You should plan for a battery change soon.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
...Total sidenote… Does anyone else’s auto stop start engage less often in the summer? Mine basically never engages which is making me think my battery might be not be long for this world. I’m going away for an extended military training event and I’m back-and-forth on replacing the battery tomorrow or not….don’t really want the truck to just die while im gone.
Totally normal! The A.S.S system will typically work less in the summer. I prioritizes passenger comfort over fuel economy. If the temp inside the truck is higher, the system will not turn off the engine. If you want it to engage, you can turn off the A/C and roll down the windows, otherwise it will engage when the inside temps drop. I live in the Phoenix area and almost never have the A.S.S. system engage during the summer.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Totally normal! The A.S.S system will typically work less in the summer. I prioritizes passenger comfort over fuel economy. If the temp inside the truck is higher, the system will not turn off the engine. If you want it to engage, you can turn off the A/C and roll down the windows, otherwise it will engage when the inside temps drop. I live in the Phoenix area and almost never have the A.S.S. system engage during the summer.
I'm such an A.s.s.

When I read the original post my mind registered the remote start system.

@Gren71 - feel free to disregard what I said.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not RAM Related but I loaded up the bike today for my longest trip ever. Dropping my bike off at the shipping company tomorrow. In 2 weeks, I fly out to Oregon to begin a 12,000 Mile ride over 5-6 weeks.

Departing Bend Oregon on June 17th
Riding dirt roads to the Canadian border (Oregon / Washington Backcountry Discovery Routes) then taking as much dirt as possible to Dawson City Yukon then up to the Arctic Ocean via the Dempster Highway. From there, south through forest service roads around the Banff area, crossing into Glacier National Park and riding the Continental Divide south to Mexico. Finally, The Trans America Highway east back to Charlotte North Carolina that TAT is mostly dirt but once you cross into the Carolinas, it's pavement (booo)

so it won't be a RAM trip but that's okay.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot of the route that starts in Oregon -
anyway, I'm stoked and wanted to share.

53758976155_b9ebae37fc_b.jpg
53758765768_ce0d61a6a4_b.jpg
53758765783_68aeda9410_b.jpg

Going to try to do daily shorts on my YouTube channel and some Instagram posts whenever I have cell service. Where I'm going won't really have any service but every couple of days - Adam Chandler / Login • Instagram

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/