5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just pull your current ones off and having them powdercoated black or buy black 5” tips

Last edited:

Davidbt

Reaction score
Today I put on new OEM black emblems/badges! Looks good without the chrome. Now I want the OEM black chrome exhaust tips lol. Damn you money.. Why don't I have more of you!

View attachment 183620

View attachment 183621
I really enjoy watching the builds on here. They might not be things that I would do, or afford. I just wanted to say you're truck is looking really nice.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I looked at those but if I drop the cash I'll go with the Mopar 5" tips to match up with the Mopar performance exhaust I have. I'm strange like that haha
Nothing wrong with being picky. Im very particular in certain aspects as well. I’m sure you have a specific look you’re trying to achieve and that’s what makes mods so much fun. Researching and making a decision with your personal preferences is half the fun. When it all comes together exactly how you envisioned it, priceless!

I like the matte flat finish on the Carven’s as they will match my other matte accents on my truck. But I have yet to see them in real life to confirm so I haven’t pulled the trigger on them yet🤷🏻‍♂️🤣. Otherwise I’m content with the Mopar black tips for now that came from the factory.

Indaram

Reaction score
Just pull your current ones off and having them powdercoated black or buy black 5” tips
I thought about that, an eBay seller has OEM tips already powder coated for sale. About $160 a set.

Looks good man! Might as well upgrade the tips to black 5” Carven’s!
I looked at those but if I drop the cash I'll go with the Mopar 5" tips to match up with the Mopar performance exhaust I have. I'm strange like that haha

I really enjoy watching the builds on here. They might not be things that I would do, or afford. I just wanted to say you're truck is looking really nice.
Thanks! I'm really happy with it and after owning 2 Rams in Granite Crystal, I'm really loving the Patriot Blue.

Ramalam718

Reaction score
What I did was pick up a new loaner from the dealer that "matches what I bought" instead of the Classic they had me in. The big difference is mine is a 24 and this is the 25. I'm ready to see how this one compares. After over 35 days in the shop for the "AC whistle", hopefully, something will happen soon with RAM Cares. This is not making me very happy with the brand right now.

Attachments

• PXL_20240522_160754477.jpg
    PXL_20240522_160754477.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 55

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is not making me very happy with the brand right now.
Might have to get in line ha. Finally heard back from a case manager today about my rear window, after leaving her a one star review from the email I got. She said she reached out to the dealer and hasn't gotten a response. I called the service department and he said that was a load of bull. I feel like I'm dealing with children.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Might have to get in line ha. Finally heard back from a case manager today about my rear window, after leaving her a one star review from the email I got. She said she reached out to the dealer and hasn't gotten a response. I called the service department and he said that was a load of bull. I feel like I'm dealing with children.
What exactly was the load that he was referring to?

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What exactly was the load that he was referring to?
That "she wasn't able to contact him". He gave me her name before I said anything and that he had spoken with her on the phone, and that he emailed her. He forwarded me the email chain, also.

Edit: she also told me I should just pay for it upfront, and then turn it in for reimbursement through Ram, which I will absolutely not be doing.

jeffrich77

Reaction score
First post here and wanted to say I've enjoyed reading everything here (well a lot, but not 1937 pages worth lol) that you guys have done.

I got my 2020 Bighorn last week and got right to work. Tinted the fronts right the next day and added a tint strip across the top of the windshield. The strip really makes a huge difference in looks and sun reduction.

Also ordered a B2 Fabrication aggressive (round) muffler and resonator delete kit. It came in yesterday later than I wanted but I was able to get the last bits of it done this morning as I was almost working by candle light at the end of the night. Wow, what a great sound! It is everything I wanted from it after watching WAY too many videos of 1500 exhausts to find the right one. In the end it had been down to the ATAK and the B2. I preferred the B2 for the tone. Stayed with the stock tips for now, but will probably end up pulling the trigger on the 5" soon.

I know, where the pics? I'll get some soon but didn't have time to wash the pollen off of her today. It's in full swing here and you get about 30minutes of clean on any black vehicle after washing, lol.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
First post here and wanted to say I've enjoyed reading everything here (well a lot, but not 1937 pages worth lol) that you guys have done.

I got my 2020 Bighorn last week and got right to work. Tinted the fronts right the next day and added a tint strip across the top of the windshield. The strip really makes a huge difference in looks and sun reduction.

Also ordered a B2 Fabrication aggressive (round) muffler and resonator delete kit. It came in yesterday later than I wanted but I was able to get the last bits of it done this morning as I was almost working by candle light at the end of the night. Wow, what a great sound! It is everything I wanted from it after watching WAY too many videos of 1500 exhausts to find the right one. In the end it had been down to the ATAK and the B2. I preferred the B2 for the tone. Stayed with the stock tips for now, but will probably end up pulling the trigger on the 5" soon.

I know, where the pics? I'll get some soon but didn't have time to wash the pollen off of her today. It's in full swing here and you get about 30minutes of clean on any black vehicle after washing, lol.
The tips will change the tone. Borla has larger/longer tips than most other exhaust kits, which is why they have a deeper tone.

Users who are viewing this thread