5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I pulled a dump trailer half full of shingles and other non-burnable-in-town plastic trash to the dump. If your trailer dumps, they send you to the top of the pile, and you drive around on trash to a spot they point you to to dump. Now, trash does not hold your weight like solid ground. In 4wd up to the running boards/skid plates, I was running over chairs, bikes, bed frames, whatever, making a heck of a racket on the bottom of the truck. Now, I bought it to work, but dang, that's hard on it. I usually have "mechanical sympathy" for all my stuff, but with the hitch dragging in the trash and all 4 wheels spinning, I had to keep the momentum going in some very rough areas, at one point either a 4' drop or a 2' drop to choose. Had a scuff on one running board, and the gas tank skid has a heck of a dent/buckle in it, but otherwise okay. Oh well, I'll keep it till it's worn out. This was at least my 3rd time up there, but had used my GMC with lift and 305/70/16 MT's before.

Last edited:

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I pulled a dump trailer half full of shingles and other non-burnable-in-town plastic trash to the dump. If your trailer dumps, they send you to the top of the pile, and you drive around on trash to a spot they point you to to dump. Now, trash does not hold your weight like solid ground. In 4wd up to the running boards/skid plates, I was running over chairs, bikes, bed frames, whatever, making a heck of a racket on the bottom of the truck. Now, I bought it to work, but dang, that's hard on it. I usually have "mechanical sympathy" for all my stuff, but with the hitch dragging in the trash and all 4 wheels spinning, I had to keep the momentum going in some very rough areas, at one point either a 4' drop or a 2' drop to choose. Had a scuff on one running board, and the gas tank skid has a heck of a dent/buckle in it, but otherwise okay. Oh well, I'll keep it till it's worn out. This was at least my 3rd time up there, but had used my GMC with lift and 305/70/16 MT's before.
That's crazy. We back up on blacktop to a hopper that feeds to a tractor trailer. There's no way I'd drive over other garbage not knowing what is in it.

WasatchBack

Reaction score
Installed Tuff Stuff Overland Shower Tent onto the GFC that I paid $0 for (friend had this on his taco but he only used it once for the family so he said I could use it till whenever his family wants to go camping with again)
It's completely unnecessary at this time but when you're on the road for long term and only planning lodging for 1-2 days a week for laundry... showering at campsites is going to be important lol i mean those shower wipes can only do so much!
View attachment 181608
View attachment 181610
*I know i know the S2 cover is cracked but I don't care lol as long as it holds and keeps the cops from giving me tickets for "exposed aux lights" i'm good.

Didn't get to deploy it because... my right ankle and leg were killing me. i worked too hard lol
Unnecessary? I just picked up a 23zero shower tent this weekend. So nice to have a proper place to shower and use the restroom in the desert.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's crazy. We back up on blacktop to a hopper that feeds to a tractor trailer. There's no way I'd drive over other garbage not knowing what is in it.
Same here. We have a huge dumpster that’s set below ground level. Back up to it on hard surface and unload. When full a large truck loads it up and replaces with an empty. Easy peasy

604LMDGUY

Reaction score
Yay for truck!

Boo for headache rack!
Hahahaha! Dude, I do use my truck as a truck! Soon enough you're gonna see my truck being scratched up from backcountry. It's not gonna be a pavement princess!

JRD

Reaction score
Got my Borla Touring exhaust installed today, like everyone else it’s definitely louder than I expected so I’m definitely happy I went with the Touring. We’ll see how it grows on me, the resonators aren’t out of the question right now.

rick619

Reaction score
yeap.
though I've never had issues in the past, but I've heard stories of CHP waiting on the pavement at trailheads to pull over 4x4s for that. i think it's VC#24411 or something like that. local PDs and Sheriff Departments don't really care about that, but something with those highway patrols man... they really got nothing better to do I'm guessing.
That's why I got all my lights covered and remove them when I cross the border into United States.

I haven't heard from anyone getting a ticket for that, but I know it's possible. The last lame tickets I heard they were giving out were to Jeep that didn't have proper fender flare coverage. They were giving them to a bunch of people about a year ago in Big Bear (mountain wheeling area). Not a usual thing though.

rick619

Reaction score
I've spent roughly $450 each time I bought my 2016 and then my 2018 RAM CTD'S to spray the beds with Rhino bedliner. My used 2021 1500 I bought in 2022 was quoted $750. I bought a husky bed mat and it is what it is.

Yeah, inflation is killing a lot of things for me. I might get it sprayed eventually, but going to try to make due with the mat this time around. I'll just have to keep an eye on the sides, make sure no rust is exposed.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't heard from anyone getting a ticket for that, but I know it's possible. The last lame tickets I heard they were giving out were to Jeep that didn't have proper fender flare coverage. They were giving them to a bunch of people about a year ago in Big Bear (mountain wheeling area). Not a usual thing though.
oh yeah big bear was where i heard those stories regarding offroad lights tickets were from.
i've wheeled big bear since 2017 and personally never had an issue. BUT, a big blue truck (well... not THAT big anymore since trucks are huge now) is eye-catching enough I don't need that extra attention from ticket-driven CHP lol

even my friend at LAPD traffic division doesn't know the offroad light thing is a thing until I told him. Speaking of, I need to check with him to see what he found

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
sounds like some skid plates and sliders will do you good.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unnecessary? I just picked up a 23zero shower tent this weekend. So nice to have a proper place to shower and use the restroom in the desert.
holy smokes it comes with the floor!

but yes I used to have a pop-up "poop tent" for restroom use but it's annoying to put away since I can't always get it right lol it's to the point that I limit myself on what I eat at camp (no spicy, no too greasy stuff) and keep my belly warm at night (i always "have to go" at camp if my stomach area gets cold... don't know why and don't think that's normal lol) and usually that works fine for overnight trips.
For like up to 4 day trips we're all fine without shower since we spend most of the time driving anyways and not doing shower does save a lot of weight (hot water system, extra water, etc) BUT if i'm gonna be on the road for 2 months with only 1-2 nights with lodging per week... nope i need that lol

now just need to figure out how to mount the kick-*** hot water system (that I also took from my friend) and see if 5 gallons of water is going to be enough for one shower!

*when i say "I took from my friend" that means they aren't using it and i'm "borrowing" with no set return date. in other words, I got them for free and can have possession of them until they need them back.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

but yes I used to have a pop-up "poop tent" for restroom use but it's annoying to put away since I can't always get it right lol it's to the point that I limit myself on what I eat at camp (no spicy, no too greasy stuff) and keep my belly warm at night (i always "have to go" at camp if my stomach area gets cold... don't know why and don't think that's normal lol) and usually that works fine for overnight trips.
For like up to 4 day trips we're all fine without shower since we spend most of the time driving anyways and not doing shower does save a lot of weight (hot water system, extra water, etc) BUT if i'm gonna be on the road for 2 months with only 1-2 nights with lodging per week... nope i need that lol

now just need to figure out how to mount the kick-*** hot water system (that I also took from my friend) and see if 5 gallons of water is going to be enough for one shower!

*when i say "I took from my friend" that means they aren't using it and i'm "borrowing" with no set return date. in other words, I got them for free and can have possession of them until they need them back.
Could just tough it out and do cold showers. :p

WasatchBack

Reaction score

It's a very nice privacy tent for the $, but many locals try to support 23zero as it's a hyper-local company. I'll post up my water system project when complete in a couple weeks. Involves semi-dual redundant hot water/pump systems for showers and sink. I do more hiking/biking than driving once at camp so its a must. 5 gallons is good for a few showers unless you like to space out or sing while in there.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's a very nice privacy tent for the $, but many locals try to support 23zero as it's a hyper-local company. I'll post up my water system project when complete in a couple weeks. Involves semi-dual redundant hot water/pump systems for showers and sink. I do more hiking/biking than driving once at camp so its a must. 5 gallons is good for a few showers unless you like to space out or sing while in there.
I can think of a few other shower activities, he may engage in, that would extend his shower times.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
let me know how you go about it.
i haven't started on my water project yet (and also not my MOLLE panel projects) but now i just realized we're approaching May and the departure date is creeping up fast! procrastinated too much (also too much MW3 on my spare times) now i worry im not gonna have enough time to create and test.

Fishstixs22

Reaction score
Not this week but very recently added 8 device controller to my fuse box with the controller in the steering column area very easy to install rough country 8 Gang Switch Panel | RGB Backlit Buttons | Multifunction Modes

Added the Putco molle Bed side rail system for storing off road equipment Putco Truck Bed Side Molle Panels

Bought the Truck with the Fuel Rage red rims and I put on the biggest all terrain tread tires I could buy didnt kill my mpg to much

Also added the Lock box to the center lower console area great addition for sale storage

Also added rock lights to my truck which is pretty straight forward and an awesome night time look to add C2 Curved RGBW LED Rock Lights - 12 Pods Multicolor Neon LED Light Kit

absolutely loving all my add ons also have a train horn setup and and currently setting up a second compressor for onboard air for off roading viair compressors with a vixen 2-1/2 gallon tank toot toot

Added a Vynil decal on my tail gate since I love the outdoors plus it hides a couple scratches I couldn’t get out

Attachments

• IMG_1448.jpeg
    IMG_1448.jpeg
    244.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5423.jpeg
    IMG_5423.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_5422.jpeg
    IMG_5422.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2529.jpeg
    IMG_2529.jpeg