5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Adjutant

Reaction score
It should be on their website. If you click on their center console inserts, there is an option to select which one you want. The one I have is their “max utility” version.
Found it! It was on the first one, but you had to select Max utility. Definitely not intuitive, or maybe Im just a dummy
Anyway, thanks! Im ordering right now. I travel alot, and this is a great way to use this space.

Its currently a black hole for used napkins, or charging cables

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Made a harness for my chase/bed lights. My first harness made so don't be harsh lol I'm on a mission to clean up the wiring on my truck now.

The lights have a red backlit function, so that explains the wires out to the hitch. I'll be tapping into the trailer harness to make those light up when the brakes are applied.

My before was so bad:

20240407_201658.jpg
And after:
20240407_201742.jpg SmartSelect_20240408_205052_Snapchat.jpg

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Made a harness for my chase/bed lights. My first harness made so don't be harsh lol I'm on a mission to clean up the wiring on my truck now.

The lights have a red backlit function, so that explains the wires out to the hitch. I'll be tapping into the trailer harness to make those light up when the brakes are applied.

My before was so bad:

View attachment 180742
And after:
View attachment 180743 View attachment 180744
dude that harness you made is clean!
one thing of recommendation is instead of using black tape, use heat shrinks to make it look more professional.

also, instead of running the ground all the way back to the switch, you can just body ground it near the hitch to make looming it easier (for future reference - always easier to fish and loom 1 wire instead of two)

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Well it wasn’t today, but I haven’t been on the forum in a minute so I figured I’d throw this up because you don’t see it every day lol this was a couple weeks ago in Johnson Valley, California. Took my brand new Fox 2.5s front and rear on their maiden voyage and broke them in a bit. Are they an amazing upgrade off road? Yes. Are they worth the money? For off road, yes. On road? Ehhh. Are they perfect? No, absolutely not. I’ll probably get them tuned and possibly add heavier rate coils up front. But it sure was a lot of fun blasting through some whoops at up to 55mph! Already installed Metalcloak bump stops and a Thuren Fabrication Track Bar since this trip because I noticed my factory track bar was shot and the bump stops were a joke. Btw, Thuren Fab’s rear track bar is THE heaviest duty one on the market and it’s also very affordable at only $240. Made of solid 1” thick 4340 Chromoly with Delrin bushings. The competition uses 1/8” to 3/16” wall DOM hollow tubes for the same price. Theres no comparison. Now im hooked and i gotta get back out to the dirt! More pics and vids at @5thgen.ram instagram👍🏼 IMG_4789.jpeg IMG_4896.jpeg IMG_4897.jpeg IMG_4898.jpeg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
dude that harness you made is clean!
one thing of recommendation is instead of using black tape, use heat shrinks to make it look more professional.

also, instead of running the ground all the way back to the switch, you can just body ground it near the hitch to make looming it easier (for future reference - always easier to fish and loom 1 wire instead of two)
It's also best practice to make ground wires as short as possible.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took the afternoon off yesterday since the kids were off for the eclipse, so I washed up my sxs after the weekend fun. I was going to get the obligatory truck pulling the trailer picture over the weekend, but I forgot :LOL: . Haven't driven my truck since Saturday. When I got in yesterday, it smelled a little musty. I pulled back the passenger floor carpet to check and sure enough, it was wet again. The tsb I did on it clearly did not work. There has to be an open seam somewhere. I messaged my dealer and told him to find me a replacement before I set this one on fire and push it off a bridge. I really like this truck and the brand, but honestly at this point, I'm not opposed to shopping around.
1712666532667.png

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haven't driven my truck since Saturday. When I got in yesterday, it smelled a little musty. I pulled back the passenger floor carpet to check and sure enough, it was wet again. The tsb I did on it clearly did not work. There has to be an open seam somewhere.

I lived through the musty smell all of last summer but I was thinking I had the infamous rear window leak.

When I couldn't find a leak back there, I surmised that the kids must have gotten food/drinks somewhere that I missed and that was what I was smelling.

Thank you for pointing me to another possible reason(y), and for also feeding my anxiety:cautious:. Let's see what happens this summer when the hot days kick in.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I lived through the musty smell all of last summer but I was thinking I had the infamous rear window leak.

When I couldn't find a leak back there, I surmised that the kids must have gotten food/drinks somewhere that I missed and that was what I was smelling.

Thank you for pointing me to another possible reason(y), and for also feeding my anxiety:cautious:. Let's see what happens this summer when the hot days kick in.
It's only my passenger side, which is weird. I thought I had it fixed. I felt pretty confident after doing the tsb, but apparently it's still getting in somewhere. I'm gonna let the shop take a crack at doing it, maybe they're more familiar with something I'm not. Lease is up on it next month. Either it gets fixed this week, or it goes down the road for something else. Knock on wood, everything else has been fairly flawless with this truck, and I don't really wanna see it go, but I'm not living with wet carpets either ha.

Realtruck

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Today I installed a Gator SR1 Pro Roll-up Tonneau cover. I went back and forth on which roll-up cover to get. I was generally considering the Access Original and Lorado covers ($627), and the Truxedo Lo Pro ($550). But I was constantly seeing reviews that said that many of the less expensive roll-up covers were just as good. Gator was consistently getting great reviews, and there are several 5-year review videos on YouTube with the Gator performing really well. Last year, I think it was selling for under $300 (on sale), and I bought mine last week for $349.

I just installed it, and it looks great! Installation was very straight forward. The fore/aft tension of the tarp is established by an integrated spring - so there's no manual adjustment needed. The tension is always automatically applied through the spring. The rails mount on top of the bed cap, and the cover sits 1.5" above the cap. This is the standard height - low profile versions range from 0.75" to 1.0" in height. (Personally, I don't think it looks too different, and I like the look of the standard height.)

There's a trigger latch on each side (driver and passenger) that needs to be released to roll-up the cover. And the tarp itself looks really nice. Overall, I'm super happy with the Gator cover and it seems perfect. And I saved between $200 - $300 that will be going towards running boards :)

@AnthonyRI
The Gator SR1 really adds a super sleek look to your truck! Enjoy your new tonneau cover!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well it wasn’t today, but I haven’t been on the forum in a minute so I figured I’d throw this up because you don’t see it every day lol this was a couple weeks ago in Johnson Valley, California. Took my brand new Fox 2.5s front and rear on their maiden voyage and broke them in a bit. Are they an amazing upgrade off road? Yes. Are they worth the money? For off road, yes. On road? Ehhh. Are they perfect? No, absolutely not. I’ll probably get them tuned and possibly add heavier rate coils up front. But it sure was a lot of fun blasting through some whoops at up to 55mph! Already installed Metalcloak bump stops and a Thuren Fabrication Track Bar since this trip because I noticed my factory track bar was shot and the bump stops were a joke. Btw, Thuren Fab’s rear track bar is THE heaviest duty one on the market and it’s also very affordable at only $240. Made of solid 1” thick 4340 Chromoly with Delrin bushings. The competition uses 1/8” to 3/16” wall DOM hollow tubes for the same price. Theres no comparison. Now im hooked and i gotta get back out to the dirt! More pics and vids at @5thgen.ram instagram👍🏼 View attachment 180769 View attachment 180771 View attachment 180772 View attachment 180773
told ya it'd be fun!

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's only my passenger side, which is weird. I thought I had it fixed. I felt pretty confident after doing the tsb, but apparently it's still getting in somewhere. I'm gonna let the shop take a crack at doing it, maybe they're more familiar with something I'm not. Lease is up on it next month. Either it gets fixed this week, or it goes down the road for something else. Knock on wood, everything else has been fairly flawless with this truck, and I don't really wanna see it go, but I'm not living with wet carpets either ha.
Haven't read back through all of your notes, but have you checked the cowl drain? I seem to remember someone on here finding that theirs was clogged.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haven't read back through all of your notes, but have you checked the cowl drain? I seem to remember someone on here finding that theirs was clogged.
Yep clean as a whistle. I've had that area apart twice now ha. It's gotta be finding an open seam somewhere into the cab, but I can't figure it out. Hopefully someone with more patience than I have can get it done :LOL:

Utahtrapper

Reaction score
None that I’m aware of.
  • 2019+ Ram Trucks Center Console Insert
SKT CUSTOMS

2019+ Ram Trucks Center Console Insert​

Went with the Max Utility and ordered it. Looks nice and should help organize.
Thanks for sharing

seabaz

Reaction score
With this screen protector talk as of the last few posts, I meant to apply a tempered glass one when I got my truck. Been a month since I had it so I've been slacking but talked myself to not wait for the weekend and to install it after work. And so I did. This is the one I purchased: Amazon.com

And here are the results. It helps to be patient and to have slight OCD when it comes to precise things. By trade I'm a CNC programmer/machinist so I got that covered in spades.
IMG_0400.JPEG

Users who are viewing this thread