5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i see that and I raise you ICS fabrication mount with 64Design holders!
only reason i went with ICS are because I used them before and course doesn't make that mount for 12" screen.
I need a picture I have no clue what those are lol

I have a 12” with the CMS mount mag safe mount

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I wondered, too, so I went to the CMS site and I saw this.

I’ll stick with my unobtrusive CMS MagSafe mounts (driver and passenger side), but I can see how these arm-style mounts could be useful for some devices, people, and scenario. I might even go that route one day if I decide to get an iPad mini.

I like that the CMS arms are aluminum vs carbon fiber, just from an appearance standpoint. I could see going with an ICS or Bulletpoint mounting plate and CMS arms.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not doing anything with mine just admiring it, and wondering if I can live without it...

The wife unit is going on about camper vans again. If she gets one, the trailer goes away. If the trailer goes away, I don't really need such a large truck. I might just sell the Rebel and look for another K5. If she drags home another drivetrain, I might even consider letting the Plymouth go. It spends a lot of time in the garage. I could then just focus on the 64 C10 restomod/chop...

But the Rebel is pretty awesome...

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update:
I have been driving around on my new Michelin Defender LTX M/S tires and I gotta say again, they have got to be the best on-road tire ever made.
So smooth and quiet. Like riding on a cushion of clouds.
This is my 3rd set on 2 different trucks and worth every penny spent! I’m good for another 3+ years!

IMG_6232.jpeg

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Going in next week to get my rear view tailgate camera replaced. Cloudy picture.
Thanks extended warranty…camera is $498 just for the part plus an hours labour. My service guy had to go to bat for me with them but succeeded once again!

IMG_9959.png

Last edited:

E.Hands

Reaction score
Update:
I have been driving around on my new Michelin Defender LTX M/S tires and I gotta say again, they have got to be the best on-road tire ever made.
So smooth and quiet. Like riding on a cushion of clouds.
This is my 3rd set on 2 different trucks and worth every penny spent! I’m good for another 3+ years!

View attachment 180567
Strongly considering these for my next set of tires. I went to Falken Rubitreks after taking off the horrible factory Bridgestone's. That was a big improvement. But I have always been pleased with the Michelin LTX on my previous truck.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Strongly considering these for my next set of tires. I went to Falken Rubitreks after taking off the horrible factory Bridgestone's. That was a big improvement. But I have always been pleased with the Michelin LTX on my previous truck.
I guarantee you wouldn’t be sorry. In a previous post I mentioned that many shops have the Michelin Defender LTX M/S on sale because they have discontinued that tire for the new M/S2. I saved $604 on the set of the M/S up here in BC 🇨🇦. A big box store was blowing them out and my tire store I deal with has a “match price” policy. They told me that at $239 CAD ($170 USD), they were below his cost but still honoured the matched price.
Having had 2 sets of the M/S previously, I had no issue buying the discontinued tire.
Not sure what they’d cost in the U.S.

Last edited:

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score

1712455519747.png
ICS Mount

1712455965780.png
i use the tablet holder and arm.
only made in USA company in this category. About 67 Designs

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1712477303904.png
1712477983577.png
Finally put the spare set of Baja Designs S2 I have to use: use them for camp lights because I got bored and decided there's no need to run S2s for fog lights at this time.
But my dumbas* forgot the zip tie mounts at home so... finish it up the next day.

While I'm wiring these up, I'm also going to swap my rock lights camper lights' power draw from house battery in the camper, but keep it triggered by my Switch-Pros panel. This is the best of both world scenario, as I can run these low draw lights for hours or even the whole night without worrying about my starting battery, while I can still turn these on when I'm trying to find campsite at night.
To do this, I'll utilize the S2 included harness and make modifications to it. I'll hook power and ground of the harness to the camper battery, then run the blue trigger wire to the Switch-Pro. (BD's trigger wire on the switch is the blue one. White one is the constant power and black is ground. White one supplies constant power so when the switch is at "on" position it completes the power circuit and send 12v to the relay, which turns on the lights. The black is ground, so when the supplied switch is at "on" position the switch illuminates)
Then, I'll cut the harness, use one output on the harness for the BD camp lights and do a Y-split for driver and passenger side, and use the other output for rock lights. Since rock lights already have pre-existing wiring, I just need to cut the power supply between Switch-Pro and rock lights, route it to the BD harness, and no need to mess with ground. Very simple.

Later, if I'm bored again, I'll add an adjustment knob so I can dim the lights for camp use. Switch-Pros has dimming feature, but the mechanical relay cannot work with that feature due to insufficient current when the panel dims (panel dims output via reducing current).

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2a7e93b425fd677bdcb2b4d7c52d6500.jpg

7ace8bb542e8dc654ba501d379edf61a.jpg

Finally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 180621
View attachment 180622
Finally put the spare set of Baja Designs S2 I have to use: use them for camp lights because I got bored and decided there's no need to run S2s for fog lights at this time.
But my dumbas* forgot the zip tie mounts at home so... finish it up the next day.

While I'm wiring these up, I'm also going to swap my rock lights camper lights' power draw from house battery in the camper, but keep it triggered by my Switch-Pros panel. This is the best of both world scenario, as I can run these low draw lights for hours or even the whole night without worrying about my starting battery, while I can still turn these on when I'm trying to find campsite at night.
To do this, I'll utilize the S2 included harness and make modifications to it. I'll hook power and ground of the harness to the camper battery, then run the blue trigger wire to the Switch-Pro. (BD's trigger wire on the switch is the blue one. White one is the constant power and black is ground. White one supplies constant power so when the switch is at "on" position it completes the power circuit and send 12v to the relay, which turns on the lights. The black is ground, so when the supplied switch is at "on" position the switch illuminates)
Then, I'll cut the harness, use one output on the harness for the BD camp lights and do a Y-split for driver and passenger side, and use the other output for rock lights. Since rock lights already have pre-existing wiring, I just need to cut the power supply between Switch-Pro and rock lights, route it to the BD harness, and no need to mess with ground. Very simple.

Later, if I'm bored again, I'll add an adjustment knob so I can dim the lights for camp use. Switch-Pros has dimming feature, but the mechanical relay cannot work with that feature due to insufficient current when the panel dims (panel dims output via reducing current).
Where did u get those mounts for the lights? (Extruded aluminum mount) and do u use roll in connectors?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where did u get those mounts for the lights? (Extruded aluminum mount) and do u use roll in connectors?
those mounts are from GFC (the company that made my camper)
the connectors used are Baja Designs connectors I just cut the provided harness and do my own thing lol

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Get a glass screen protector. Cheap on Amazon. $12
First thing I did when I got my truck..
oh yeah that will go on once the factory film falls off. (edit: or when I get tired of that film making the screen laggy... for now i don't really use the screen much so it hasn't bother me just yet. unless someone tells me if i don't take that thing off it will mess with my screen then it's coming off today)
i still have the film on the shifter :LOL:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online