5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nothing fun. Added a h8 battery and Mopar battery cover.
266dc5550e2f9a84cabfa8ee501a1061.jpg

Noticed last few months the system would always charge the 12v. Truck started fine. no signs of a weak battery just noticed it was always charging the 12v. Pulled the meter out and checked the dash gauge . 11.3v after sitting few days. But started right up. Went and picked up a h8 and order the Mopar battery cover. System now it operating like it used to. Truck sat for 4 days voltage only dropped to 12.2 from 12.6

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^
Hey me too… turns out I didn’t need that H8 battery I thought I needed weeks ago but I have it and its paid for so it went it and since my parts ordered awhile ago arrived that also include a H8 blanket figured ill go ahead and make the swap. No pictures but I had a pool of water sitting in the tray from when i sprayed my bay down a few weeks ago. Guess Stellantis engineers didn’t think a drain hole in the tray would be a good idea. Little zip zip with a drill bit and bam tray won’t hold water again.

SouthFlo

Reaction score
These Threads always seem to be fun and keep us all spending money so chime in and lets get the ball rolling....
I deleted my muffler and my resonators. It sounds like a hellcat now (exaggerating a little bit lol) and for those of you wandering absolutely no drone in the inside. Videos don’t do it justice you have to get it done and listen for yourself.

SouthFlo

Reaction score
Had a 14” magnaflow 5x8 oval muffler installed, nice low rumble sound. Can hear it in the cab while accelerating and then goes away when at cruising speed or when you lay off the gas. Give it a little more low rumble sound but not to loud at all. Video quality really doesn’t do justice to the sound as in person does. (Trying to upload video, may be a to be continued:()Also had a rare no sport Saturday so the kids and I give it a full detail, wash and wax, door jams and all, full interior and glass detail. She sure shines now! Also installed a couple led light strips under the tailgate!
I used to have a magna flow with resonators deleted. don’t get me wrong it sounded nice. Although I just recently deleted the muffler and now it sounds like an absolute beast in the outside BUT believe it or not quiet in the cabin absolutely no drone. I was actually getting a little drone with the magna flow

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you very much!! It matched the suede already in the truck so it looks almost OEM to me.

I’d be tempted to replicate but… but gotta remind myself Ram work truck lol last thing I need is another area for wet paint on my pant leg to brush up against 😭. Removing paint from plastic is so much easier then suede if you get to it right away.

Black19

Reaction score
I used to have a magna flow with resonators deleted. don’t get me wrong it sounded nice. Although I just recently deleted the muffler and now it sounds like an absolute beast in the outside BUT believe it or not quiet in the cabin absolutely no drone. I was actually getting a little drone with the magna flow
Thanks for the update. I have a Borla muffler only replaced and thinking about deleting front resonator and maybe rears. Just don’t want drone!

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^
Hey me too… turns out I didn’t need that H8 battery I thought I needed weeks ago but I have it and its paid for so it went it and since my parts ordered awhile ago arrived that also include a H8 blanket figured ill go ahead and make the swap. No pictures but I had a pool of water sitting in the tray from when i sprayed my bay down a few weeks ago. Guess Stellantis engineers didn’t think a drain hole in the tray would be a good idea. Little zip zip with a drill bit and bam tray won’t hold water again.

My tray was full of water to. And I never cleaned my bay yet. Thought the same thing. No drains. I just shop vac the water up. I might pull the battery drill some.

Gren71

Reaction score
99% of my parts showed up my sisters that I ordered end of Jan… joined the 33 gallon tank again. Swap wasn’t bad I did manage to break the plastic retainer clip on the stock setup comparing fuel pumps. Turns out the pump I bought off a totaled Ram w/ 14k miles had a 23 gallon tank and not a 26 gallon that was told d’oh. Of course the plastic retainer is a different size so there was no going back so the 23 gallon pump went it didn’t want truck sitting and didn’t want to shell out the ridiculous price Mopar wants for a 33 pump vs 23g $150-$550. Pumps the same size between the two besides the floater being slightly longer.
What write up or video did you follow?

Gren71

Reaction score
Installed the airlift 1000 HD bags. I took my time and routed the airlines through the frame and put the nipple right next to my license plate. Driving into work today. The truck feels mostly the same, probably exactly the same… I’m just just being hyper sensitive to every little bump, wondering if the airbags stiffen into the ride at all. Looking forward to running them at 15 to maybe 20 psi with the camper.

Next up on my very short list of things to do is ordering and installing the utility rails in the bed.
Took the camper back to storage today. Ran the bags at 15psi. Blown away by the difference….stance felt better while driving…steering was better…wdh spring bars were easier to put on (meaning theyre putting less pressure on the brackets and hopefully less likely to damage campers frame)…truck even looks close to its unloaded stance while the camper is good and level. I didn’t do measurements but i will next time i grab it.

Overall my first run with this ram+ bags is impressive.

Before
IMG_3236.jpeg

After
IMG_3436.jpeg

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What write up or video did you follow?

Been a lurker of the 33 gallon upgrade thread for awhile so I had I pretty good idea on the steps already. Once the new parts arrived I roughly set them on the tank so I had a idea what need to be removed (more importantly how to get the hoses disconnected w/o screwing up the retaining clips other then the one I was careless about it was pretty easy. I ran the tank pretty low so tank wasn’t heavy maybe had 2-3 gallons in it.

Theres a video or two on youtube that I found afterwards when I was researching if if anyone kept the stock pump w/o issues.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My tray was full of water to. And I never cleaned my bay yet. Thought the same thing. No drains. I just shop vac the water up. I might pull the battery drill some.

I normally don’t I might have washed the bay 3 times since buying it new but just so happened to a few weeks ago. Water could be from that or rain I don't really know but a minor oversight on Ram part not to have a tiny drain hole. Unless your removing or replacing the battery you probably would know about the water in the tray.

M3forged

Reaction score
My new to me 21 Rebel is too quiet, eventually I'm getting the Borla S type but need something done in the meantime. So in about an hour I'm headed to the muffler guy I've used in the past to see if he'll do a muffler delete.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My new to me 21 Rebel is too quiet, eventually I'm getting the Borla S type but need something done in the meantime. So in about an hour I'm headed to the muffler guy I've used in the past to see if he'll do a muffler delete.
I did the same thing at the suggestion of my exhaust guy. He’s a Mopar guy and told me to go with the muffler delete, which I did. It sounds awesome on cold starts, idle has a nice deep tone, and when you stomp on the skinny peddle, she roars. Best $120 exhaust upgrade I’ve done to date. For years my go to was Magnaflow, but this delete outshines for sure. If you’re anything like me, you’ll be very happy with the delete.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can see maybe the fuel gauge level being slightly off but its not exactly like its 100% accurate anyways and your not gonna run out a fuel as soon as it hits the red lol. I use the miles left anyways and even then I really will let it go past it once the low fuel light comes on w/ 50 miles left. I think one guy did the swap first and said you need a new fuel pump coming from a 23 gallon tank and everyone after that just followed suit.

Around the 7 min mark there’s a comparison.
I didn't watch the video yet, but is the pump at the same level in the 33 gal tank? I would want that lower also so I knew I could get the whole tank.

M3forged

Reaction score
I did the same thing at the suggestion of my exhaust guy. He’s a Mopar guy and told me to go with the muffler delete, which I did. It sounds awesome on cold starts, idle has a nice deep tone, and when you stomp on the skinny peddle, she roars. Best $120 exhaust upgrade I’ve done to date. For years my go to was Magnaflow, but this delete outshines for sure. If you’re anything like me, you’ll be very happy with the delete.
Yeah the guy won't install it but I have a plan B. Going to buy the kit $238.50 out the door (seems high) and see if another guy will put it on, if not I'm sure I can handle it.

Users who are viewing this thread