5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nice! You happen to do a write up?

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup this is the exact write up I got how to do mine but a little different as I have the 22 with the UC5.
Nice! You happen to do a write up?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the digital dash cluster installed yesterday!! Sorry for the bad picture (need to clean lense) but super easy install just to get it working now to get the tiles and Ram Maps working a little more involved at this point.
holy smokes!
how?

sorry just saw the link.
what's the difference with UC5?

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
99% of my parts showed up my sisters that I ordered end of Jan… joined the 33 gallon tank again. Swap wasn’t bad I did manage to break the plastic retainer clip on the stock setup comparing fuel pumps. Turns out the pump I bought off a totaled Ram w/ 14k miles had a 23 gallon tank and not a 26 gallon that was told d’oh. Of course the plastic retainer is a different size so there was no going back so the 23 gallon pump went it didn’t want truck sitting and didn’t want to shell out the ridiculous price Mopar wants for a 33 pump vs 23g $150-$550. Pumps the same size between the two besides the floater being slightly longer.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
99% of my parts showed up my sisters that I ordered end of Jan… joined the 33 gallon tank again. Swap wasn’t bad I did manage to break the plastic retainer clip on the stock setup comparing fuel pumps. Turns out the pump I bought off a totaled Ram w/ 14k miles had a 23 gallon tank and not a 26 gallon that was told d’oh. Of course the plastic retainer is a different size so there was no going back so the 23 gallon pump went it didn’t want truck sitting and didn’t want to shell out the ridiculous price Mopar wants for a 33 pump vs 23g $150-$550. Pumps the same size between the two besides the floater being slightly longer.
Interesting to see if any issues using a 23 Gal pump. I've seen you NEED the 26+ Gal pump.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did a lot this weekend! I got my topographical vinyl wrap done over all the faux wood (all four doors, back of the center console, and top of Infotainment system). Also, got the suede put in over the awful gold/tan color (sides of the center console and side of the infotainment system). Very time consuming but to me looks so much better now.

Attachments

• IMG_4967.jpeg
    IMG_4967.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_4968.jpeg
    IMG_4968.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_4969.jpeg
    IMG_4969.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_4973.jpeg
    IMG_4973.jpeg
    207.6 KB · Views: 125

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can see maybe the fuel gauge level being slightly off but its not exactly like its 100% accurate anyways and your not gonna run out a fuel as soon as it hits the red lol. I use the miles left anyways and even then I really will let it go past it once the low fuel light comes on w/ 50 miles left. I think one guy did the swap first and said you need a new fuel pump coming from a 23 gallon tank and everyone after that just followed suit.

Around the 7 min mark there’s a comparison.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for reminded me I need to get some ordered lol being on my future to list every since mclovin or w/e his name is now did it (white ram w/ 37s yeah that guy)

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did a lot this weekend! I got my topographical vinyl wrap done over all the faux wood (all four doors, back of the center console, and top of Infotainment system). Also, got the suede put in over the awful gold/tan color (sides of the center console and side of the infotainment system). Very time consuming but to me looks so much better now.
Loving the suede upgrade!! :cool: (y)

Got a link to the material?

Users who are viewing this thread