5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I pulled a little weight off the truck tonight.

I wasn't expecting a huge change with all the cats and resonators. Just a little deeper/louder growl at idle and with a little pedal. Cruising down the highway I can't tell much change.

If I let it kick into eco mode, there is an ever so slight drone that goes away with a little volume on the tunes.

I wouldn't mind a little more, but for the time and cost I'm happy. This is mostly my family camping rig. I already have a Plymouth they don't like riding in... I'll admit though, the Plymouth kinda gets me with the low speed drone. Almost hurts my teeth. I'll fix it someday.

20240327_204809.jpg

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I wasn't expecting a huge change with all the cats and resonators. Just a little deeper/louder growl at idle and with a little pedal. Cruising down the highway I can't tell much change.

If I let it kick into eco mode, there is an ever so slight drone that goes away with a little volume on the tunes.

I wouldn't mind a little more, but for the time and cost I'm happy. This is mostly my family camping rig. I already have a Plymouth they don't like riding in... I'll admit though, the Plymouth kinda gets me with the low speed drone. Almost hurts my teeth. I'll fix it someday.

View attachment 179959
what brand? slip on?

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered some 33x12.5x20 toyo AT 3's for the rims I purchased a week ago. Should get everything installed next week. Photo below was what made my mind up for tires choice and reading many reviews.

1711597616422.png

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 179959
Just FYI, I thought it was interesting that my truck didn't have the third resonator in the pipe just upstream of the muffler. Curious who else doesn't and what trucks did/didn't get it.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i know how it goes!
just gotta have treats on standby loll
i do..and thats when he went wild.got to see my neighbor real cool truck..and treats!! ...he tore the bag out of my hand :LOL: :LOL: bag and all;) the neighbor apologize I just laughed so hard and the doggy gave me another big kiss,he was all over me ,even knocking my camera to the ground including me:LOL::LOL:👏...what more can a little doggy ask for🥳(y)

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i do..and thats when he went wild.got to see my neighbor real cool truck..and treats!! ...he tore the bag out of my hand :LOL: :LOL: bag and all;) the neighbor apologize I just laughed so hard and the doggy gave me another big kiss,he was all over me ,even knocking my camera to the ground including me:LOL::LOL:👏...what more can a little doggy ask for🥳(y)
next the little guy is gonna ask you for to take him for a spin!

TittoPollito

Reaction score
was adding some new mods to the ram.as I was finishing up,my neighbor across the street saw it and came up to me to tell me how much he liked it and could he help.tried to take a photo of him,but he was so excited he gave me and his owner a big kiss.i will post the mod later.hope you enjoy these photo of the little fella:LOL::LOL:
Nothing better than when the puppers are old enough to be interested in working on the rides LOL, and as your later post states being the treat hook up doesnt hurt either.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just FYI, I thought it was interesting that my truck didn't have the third resonator in the pipe just upstream of the muffler. Curious who else doesn't and what trucks did/didn't get it.
I believe they only came in the early model 5th Gen’s. I believe they stopped mid MY20 IIRC. I went with the muffle delete as well on MY22 and love it. I didn’t have the third resonator either.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, slip on. Proven Ground, stainless. $148 shipped from American Trucks.
That's a good price. I've been waiting til May to see if I'm gonna buy out this lease or not before I update my muffler. I bought the cut n clamp or whatever it's called flowmaster shortly after I bought it. Sounds decent, but our salty winters are starting to rust it out already. I've considered buying a stainless flowmaster knockoff from jegs and tig welding it in (I do like chambered mufflers on v8's), but I'm wondering if I'd just be happier with a full on delete.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's a good price. I've been waiting til May to see if I'm gonna buy out this lease or not before I update my muffler. I bought the cut n clamp or whatever it's called flowmaster shortly after I bought it. Sounds decent, but our salty winters are starting to rust it out already. I've considered buying a stainless flowmaster knockoff from jegs and tig welding it in (I do like chambered mufflers on v8's), but I'm wondering if I'd just be happier with a full on delete.

I've done full catbacks on modern vehicles and the cats themselves always act like mufflers. I should have fired this up with the pipe open, but I bet it wouldn't be that loud.

I just can't see getting much out of a simple muffler swap.

Years ago I had a new Mustang GT. I put a Magnaflow catback on it, and was disappointed in how little change there was. I then put an offroad X-pipe on and holy crap that car sounded amazing.

I wanted the the slip on and I liked the 2 piece, just in case I decided to add a muffler. I'm curious now what it sounds like without the resonators, but probably not curious enough to go pull one off.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you have a good local exhaust shop nearby, stop in and see what they say. My local shop suggested I skip the muffler swap and go with the delete and he was dead right. He cut out the stocker muffler, then bent and welded in a new pipe. $120 out the door. And used quality pipe as well. Love the sound of it and zero drone with MDS disabled. A slight tick of one that’s hardly noticeable when MDS is active.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've done full catbacks on modern vehicles and the cats themselves always act like mufflers. I should have fired this up with the pipe open, but I bet it wouldn't be that loud.

Years ago I had a new Mustang GT. I put a Magnaflow catback on it, and was disappointed in how little change there was. I then put an offroad X-pipe on and holy crap that car sounded amazing.

I wanted the the slip on and I liked the 2 piece, just in case I decided to add a muffler. I'm curious now what it sounds like without the resonators, but probably not curious enough to go pull one off.
The Borla ATAK "cat back" is a significant change in sound and volume. Even with the factory cats.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score

If you have a good local exhaust shop nearby, stop in and see what they say. My local shop suggested I skip the muffler swap and go with the delete and he was dead right. He cut out the stocker muffler, then bent and welded in a new pipe. $120 out the door. And used quality pipe as well. Love the sound of it and zero drone with MDS disabled. A slight tick of one that’s hardly noticeable when MDS is active.
Makes sense. I don't mind doing the work and tinkering on it, actually I kinda enjoy the process. But I only want to do it once (again :LOL: ). I welded in a larger chambered muffler on my old man's 2500 6.0 and it sounds real nice and deep, and I did a stainless jegs smaller chambered muffler on my 950 v twin side by side, and honestly that sounds pretty good too, especially for the low price. A rebranded stainless flowmaster from jegs is only like 40 bucks. I guess I just need to decide if it's worth the effort or not on my truck ha.
1711634615780.png

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Makes sense. I don't mind doing the work and tinkering on it, actually I kinda enjoy the process. But I only want to do it once (again :LOL: ). I welded in a larger chambered muffler on my old man's 2500 6.0 and it sounds real nice and deep, and I did a stainless jegs smaller chambered muffler on my 950 v twin side by side, and honestly that sounds pretty good too, especially for the low price. A rebranded stainless flowmaster from jegs is only like 40 bucks. I guess I just need to decide if it's worth the effort or not on my truck ha.
View attachment 179978
I say go for it let that V8 sing!

Users who are viewing this thread