5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Ready Go

Reaction score
Yeah, the red interior accents look amazing. It's a good balance of having accents but not overdoing it (like the base TRX model, or the base Rebel).

But you also need to keep this in mind: Once you buy a TRX, you're almost certainly going to start modding it as well. The uptick on price (to get suspension, engine, looks, etc.) is only the beginning. Then you start adding even more stuff.

View attachment 179685
True, I don't typically leave much stock.....

Attachments

• 20151121_080154.jpg
    20151121_080154.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 113

JRD

Reaction score
Yeah, the red interior accents look amazing. It's a good balance of having accents but not overdoing it (like the base TRX model, or the base Rebel).

But you also need to keep this in mind: Once you buy a TRX, you're almost certainly going to start modding it as well. The uptick on price (to get suspension, engine, looks, etc.) is only the beginning. Then you start adding even more stuff.

View attachment 179685
Couldn’t agree w your statement more about the red, those accents are tasteful and the perfect amount imo. I hate when they just splatter red everywhere like the rebel.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Replaced my solid lower grill with the open version, and add a billet insert. Definitely like the look better than stock.

E2929EDF-F3E8-45C4-8721-84A59EFA17FB.jpeg BFF7F424-1B81-4D8C-9A14-6CE90C553899.jpeg D42AB8E4-FBBB-44D6-89B6-296BDCD888C3.jpeg A5A43689-94DF-4C63-AF04-67177AB9D832.jpeg C5C8F28D-8FC6-40DB-ADB6-9BF5A80D4049.jpeg

Removed the active air dam to make access easier while underneath the truck, and decided to leave it off. No cel yesterday or today, so overall a rewarding project.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Thinking about selling the Larry G/T for one of these..I can't help myself! My wife will have a fit if I do it, but really soon I'm gonna start modding the suspension, wheels/tires, etc..this would be done! But 13mpg premium fuel🤑

That's the beauty of buying a TRX. It already has nearly everything most guys want in a truck and more...35" tires, good looking wheels, awesome suspension, and massive power. Other than Mopar Power Running Boards, I've just added a few inexpensive, non-TRX specific mods. I did consider an aftermarket intake for more blower noise, but decided that the stock intake is good enough.

If you're shopping used, take a look at some of the SE TRX's. Instead of run-of-the-mill red, they come with unique/better accent colors that set them apart.

Lunar 2.jpg

@Eighty will make some crack about blue in 3...2...1. Don't listen to him. He's jealous because he regrets passing on the Lunar Edition he had coming.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haha ok that's fair and consistent im pretty close to there, but AZ (phx}has no real ethnic vibe hoods like other cities
that's true. but that's actually how i kinda like it.
i was looking at houses and business opportunities near Chandler when i visited and stayed in Scottsdale but I can't handle the summer heat lol

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thinking about selling the Larry G/T for one of these..I can't help myself! My wife will have a fit if I do it, but really soon I'm gonna start modding the suspension, wheels/tires, etc..this would be done! But 13mpg premium fuel🤑
smiles per gallon, not miles per gallon.

unless you're going to... say Alaska where you'll have only 2-3 fueling stops on Dalton and need the range LOL

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Replaced my solid lower grill with the open version, and add a billet insert. Definitely like the look better than stock.

View attachment 179690 View attachment 179691 View attachment 179692 View attachment 179693 View attachment 179694

Removed the active air dam to make access easier while underneath the truck, and decided to leave it off. No cel yesterday or today, so overall a rewarding project.

I need to switch to the open grill below myself the stock setup is just a pain to clean.

HemiDude

Reaction score
I ended up finding the best deal for the AD part number on amazon, fyi.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 179690 View attachment 179691 View attachment 179692 View attachment 179693 View attachment 179694

Looks sharp. Does the billet insert go over the new open lower grill? And does it interfere with your front parking sensors? I def want to go open front grill.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Looks sharp. Does the billet insert go over the new open lower grill? And does it interfere with your front parking sensors? I def want to go open front grill.
The insert does go over the front grill. It does cover my front sensors, but I don’t use them anyway so I knew that wouldn’t be an issue. I’m pretty sure I saw there was one available to work with front sensors from the same company.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The insert does go over the front grill. It does cover my front sensors, but I don’t use them anyway so I knew that wouldn’t be an issue. I’m pretty sure I saw there was one available to work with front sensors from the same company.
Have a link to them by chance? Thanks man!

Edit: found it.

Last edited:

HemiDude

Reaction score
Have a link to them by chance? Thanks man!
First link is to the billet insert, second link is to the ram lower grill.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are those the APS Billet Inserts?

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, it is. For the price I figured it was worth a shot.
Let me know how they do! I bought some cheap clip on black inserts on Amazon for my upper grill and I was surprised how well made they were and fit perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online