5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
i got these first too and when the tore and peeled which wasnt too long after installation, i when and got the redhound auto ones... still on to this day, no issues, better quality. if you end up hating these, i can post a link.
I'll echo that. I've had the redhound on two trucks and been quite pleased with the quality.

JRD

Reaction score
Finally got my truck leveled, now I throw new wheels and tires on once I get this rear window sorted with @RamCares

LeQuack1992

Reaction score
What brand of tire did you take off?
How's on the ride on the LTX M/S ?
They were firestone destinations. They were pretty much spent when I bought the truck. I've run the LTX M/S2 on all of the trucks/ SUVs I've had and I like how they perform. Smooth ride excellent traction in the snow/ wet and not bad in the mud.

jamie.howlett

Reaction score
Pulled out the Diode Dynamics Elite Foglights, put the stocks back in with Lasfit bulbs. The Elite series failed after two days. So aggravating, I had high hopes for them. Thankfully, it is a quick job !

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's not us that you have to worry about. You might be giving Stellantis a reason to deny a warranty claim by exceeding a mandatory oil change interval.
Don't tell them!
Also, the vehicle was in storage not driven but someone will still have something else to say so I give up.

Last edited:

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm in NJ so it doesn't get quite as hot. Do you notice it cuts down on the light a lot? I love the pano roof but always keep the shade closed because I get crazy glare in the cab.
I did limo tint on my pano roof. You can look at the sun through it without burning your retina’s LOL.
I have 20% on the front doors and rear are stock tint in this photo so you can tell how dark the pano tint is.
Being a standard 3m limo tint (not ceramic) I don’t imagine it reduces much heat in the midst of a sunny day but at least I don’t have to close my shade while using the truck thanks to A/C.
IMG_3490.jpeg

Last edited:

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pulled out the Diode Dynamics Elite Foglights, put the stocks back in with Lasfit bulbs. The Elite series failed after two days. So aggravating, I had high hopes for them. Thankfully, it is a quick job !
I was thinking about upgrading my Auxito plasma yellow LED fogs to the DD Elite’s. But now I may have to rethink that. What went wrong with them? Why not contact DD as I’m sure they’ll do their best to make it right.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Again, not something I did to my truck, but want to...

Took a break from my work spreadsheet 🥴 and did a little wheel browsing. I think I've finally come to the conclusion that I don't like any of them. Level 8 MK6 in satin black was what I really wanted. 18x9 -12mm, but they are no longer made.

I've always been leary of spacers even though I ran them for years on my Plymouth. But it's a street car/garage queen. It never pulls, hauls or goes far off the pavement. Guess, it's time to consider Bora spacers...

Screenshot_20230218_210429_Samsung Internet.jpg

Insanity

Reaction score
Installed the Westin HDX Stainless Drop Nerf Bars. Part# 56-140852

View attachment 178633

I like the look, and they're a bit springy when you step on them. Although I am 240lbs so perhaps it's the user more than the steps. We'll see how they hold up.

I'm 170 have havoc brand steps and some times they are flexy. I think its the cab side of things and not the steps.

jamie.howlett

Reaction score
I was thinking about upgrading my Auxito plasma yellow LED fogs to the DD Elite’s. But now I may have to rethink that. What went wrong with them? Why not contact DD as I’m sure they’ll do their best to make it right.
I am not sure if it was the light or the harness that went bad on one of the lights, but when I pulled it out the whole thing was saturated with water (it did rain by me). I contacted them, and they wanted me to troubleshoot the harness and the lights moving them around from one light to another. I didn't feel like doing all troubleshooting, as it was three days old. I figured with that harness the way it is, this problem will continue. So I returned them. They were nice to deal with, and very responsive. Solid customer service .. just wasn't pleased with the whole experience and not a fan of that harness. Tossed some lasfits led bulbs in the original housings and called it day. I will say the lasfit bulbs are way brighter, and throw a ton of light.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am not sure if it was the light or the harness that went bad on one of the lights, but when I pulled it out the whole thing was saturated with water (it did rain by me). I contacted them, and they wanted me to troubleshoot the harness and the lights moving them around from one light to another. I didn't feel like doing all troubleshooting, as it was three days old. I figured with that harness the way it is, this problem will continue. So I returned them. They were nice to deal with, and very responsive. Solid customer service .. just wasn't pleased with the whole experience and not a fan of that harness. Tossed some lasfits led bulbs in the original housings and called it day. I will say the lasfit bulbs are way brighter, and throw a ton of light.
Appreciate the insight man. I’ll continue my search.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Again, not something I did to my truck, but want to...

Took a break from my work spreadsheet 🥴 and did a little wheel browsing. I think I've finally come to the conclusion that I don't like any of them. Level 8 MK6 in satin black was what I really wanted. 18x9 -12mm, but they are no longer made.

I've always been leary of spacers even though I ran them for years on my Plymouth. But it's a street car/garage queen. It never pulls, hauls or goes far off the pavement. Guess, it's time to consider Bora spacers...

View attachment 178610
looks like gram lights 57DR-X
if only Rays makes it in our fitment lol

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1709974842971.png
1709974854654.png
Installed half of this. I got the rear cam one but since i have the camper the only useable spot for the rear is the rear camper window.
Couldn't finish the rear today because the rear cam cable is too short to go all the way to the back.

that's future Boogielander's problem lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/