5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

LeQuack1992

Reaction score
Really? Ive read here that you had to replace the entire arm which I thought was crazy. Good to know new ones can be pressed in
From what my mechanic told me, the front lower control arms were replaced before I got the truck and the ones they replaced with were serviceable.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was a victim of this when I had my first car, going to a state inspection for the first time they took me for a ride on brakes. At the time I didn't know I could tell them no and take it home and fix it. Was a $500 lesson lol.

Happened to me too when I was a teenager. Brakes Plus got me good, $800 for brakes on a 73 Charger. Crooks, they sucker you in with a $59 brake job advertisement that no one ever gets; never been to a brake shop since.
Every time I here an $79 AC spring/fall service commercial I think of the crooks at Brakes Plus and that the AC people are doing the same thing

LeQuack1992

Reaction score
Happened to me too when I was a teenager. Brakes Plus got me good, $800 for brakes on a 73 Charger. Crooks, they sucker you in with a $59 brake job advertisement that no one ever gets; never been to a brake shop since.
Every time I here an $79 AC spring/fall service commercial I think of the crooks at Brakes Plus and that the AC people are doing the same thing
Yeah after that first experience, I got into working on my own stuff real quick lmao.

Scram1500

Reaction score
Really? Ive read here that you had to replace the entire arm which I thought was crazy. Good to know new ones can be pressed in
According to JCLAYTON13 in this thread,

you can knock the lip off the old ball joint and press it out. Then you press in the new one and peen over the edge to keep it in place. Sounds like a hack job but I'd give it a go

Jako

Reaction score
Brakes, AC, tires can be managed - the real thieves do transmissions.

BowDown

Reaction score

BowDown

Reaction score

you can knock the lip off the old ball joint and press it out. Then you press in the new one and peen over the edge to keep it in place. Sounds like a hack job but I'd give it a go

Yeah, it does and that's a Turkish made ball joint, I've seen that brand.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
IMO this is one of many of Dodge's achilles heel and I'm sure other manufacturers have similar problems too. There needs to/should be a standard of service that Stellantis/CDJR requires from all its dealer sales and service centers that is consistent and some mechanism for enforcement of those policies rather than the seemingly hands off approach they have.
The only real concern I had when shopping for my new truck was the low grade of service from dealers; the thing that offset that was the amount of trouble free miles I had from the previous truck.
I've only had this truck in twice, once for an alignment that almost resulted in a fight to get them to do it right after 3 or so "it's ready" and the AC TSB and exhaust manifolds that were done at the same time by a different shop which did everything right the 1st time and were the exception to the rule that I seem to consistently read about here. Two shop visits and I'm 50/50, 1 very poor and one excellent.

I guess this goes back to educating yourself, knowing what you should be expected in a service center similar to shopping/buying and knowing when you're getting a good deal vs not.
It shouldn't be that way but it is; completely opposite of the way I run my business.
Man. I am one lucky SOB having the dealership I have.
They really look after me well. They treat me like a King!
A loaner vehicle to drive when I come in for service, they cover small things that aren’t covered under my warranty or extended warranty or at least drastically reduce the cost on something large. When something comes up as part of a maintenance schedule, they’ll check it and if it doesn’t need it, they’ll advise, not do it and recommend when it should be needed.
I’ve heard a lot of horror stories regarding dealerships and dealer through the years. Glad I’m not part of that scenario.

Last edited:

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the 4bangers installed, obvious improvement over the lastfit (granted, double the price). Overall, happy with them. They sure pack some power for a compact light. These are the combo option.

20240229_173306.jpg

Headlights only:

20240229_195939.jpg

Headlights and 4bangers:

20240229_195945.jpg

4bangers only:

20240229_195951.jpg

(My phone doesn't do justice, I'm going to have to steal my wifes phone for better quality lol)

Last edited:

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the 4bangers installed, obvious improvement over the lastfit (granted, double the price). Overall, happy with them. They sure pack some power for a compact light. These are the combo option.

View attachment 178068

Headlights only:

View attachment 178069

Headlights and 4bangers:

View attachment 178070

4bangers only:

View attachment 178071

(My phone doesn't do justice, I'm going to have to steal my wives phone for better quality lol)
DAM THAT BLOWS LASFIT OUT THE WATER LMAO I NEED TO UPGRADE SOON!

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
Most dealers suk at warranty work and will blow you off in a minute. Warranty work only pays about 60% (time wise) when fixing stuff. With 2 BROKEN MANIFOLDS I called 3 dealers around me, 1 said i have an appt. 45 days from now, 1 said i have an appt. 2.5 MONTHS from now another said "you will need to leave it with us until we get the manifolds and the last guy took 3 months". TOTAL BS! Last dealer had me in in 2 days only to discover there is NO....ZERO..warratny on MY truck due to it came from canada! (had to sort that issue out....he was 100% correct. My 50k miled truck has ZERO warranty of any kind) but they were willing to do the job for about $1400. Even could get the manifolds in 2 days. Thanks but NO THANKS. waiting on my order from Mopar online currently.

You sort of have to bully-them around a bit. My rep at my now preferred dealer I don't have to. He's really a great guy. With the manifolds I sent him an email saying "It's a 100% broken stud. I'm looking at it right now and the exhaust shield moves." "Response: OK got you in for the 27th and manifolds on order."

It helps that I've wrenched on everything from lawnmowers to $60,000 marine diesels. I can call someone on their BS story real quick. With them I don't have to.

Ramalam718

Reaction score
Added the RC RPT running boards and the RC low-profile tonneau cover last night. LASFIT Bulbs came in today so will be doing that this weekend. Now I gotta figure out what to do with the gap between the top of the bed and the tailgate trims (and wash it after this wonderful rain storm).

Attachments

• Bedcover.jpg
    Bedcover.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Tailgate Gap.jpg
    Tailgate Gap.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 70
  • Sideshot.jpg
    Sideshot.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 70

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Idk why you would wanna go through all that additional work when mevotech can be brought for $200 each from a quick glance

Users who are viewing this thread