5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

mtjag

Reaction score
No issues. Truck seems to be doing great. I'm at 54,000 miles now. So I guess I've put around 5,000 miles on it. I use 4auto pretty regularly in the rain. My tires/truck loves to break the rear end loose when the ground is wet.
Ok, thanks for the reply. I'll get the Redline. I use 4wd a lot since we live in the mountains and have snow frequently. Also, I use auto 4wd to come up our driveway, even if there is no snow because of the steep incline.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jinxed myself.. i went ahead and ordered a h8 battery blanket a few weeks back since I was placing an order through Mopar… still hasn’t arrived.

Just got back in town last night, go to get in truck nothing.. batteries sitting at 6v. Grabbed Noco Charger out of floor bin and was able to get it fired up. Picked up a H8 agn platinum from Walmart just in case that’ll I’ll throw on the charger and stick in the bed and monitor the factory battery for the next few days.

I was just thinking the other day how I was going on year 4 w/ the factory oem with no issues… I deserved this but glad it happened at home versus at random place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Jinxed myself.. i went ahead and ordered a h8 battery blanket a few weeks back since I was placing an order through Mopar… still hasn’t arrived.

Just got back in town last night, go to get in truck nothing.. batteries sitting at 6v. Grabbed Noco Charger out of floor bin and was able to get it fired up. Picked up a H8 agn platinum from Walmart just in case that’ll I’ll throw on the charger and stick in the bed and monitor the factory battery for the next few days.

I was just thinking the other day how I was going on year 4 w/ the factory oem with no issues… I deserved this but glad it happened at home versus at random place.

I thought I read a post where someone mentioned that the stock battery blanket fits the H8 batteries.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmm does it… I’ll have to give it a try. New one will eventually make it here along with my other stuff.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hmm does it… I’ll have to give it a try. New one will eventually make it here along with my other stuff.

Ahh, crap. I thought I was posting this on the Ram TRX forum. Nevermind. 🤣

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Used a Milwaukee impact to remove TC skid-plate bolts.
Bad idea.
Broke loose one of the threaded inserts that are tack-welded into the frame.
Had to do some tap dancing to rectify the issue.
View attachment 177138 View attachment 177139 View attachment 177140 View attachment 177141 View attachment 177142
Was able to declare victory in the end.
YMMV as far as impact wrenches go.
dang did you use 1/2 or 3/8? i always use 3/8 impact gun to remove skid plate bolts and never had an issue...

now you give me trauma lol

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Picked up a H8 agn platinum from Walmart just in case that’ll I’ll throw on the charger and stick in the bed and monitor the factory battery for the next few days.

What's the benefit of walking around with a fully charged, brand new battery in the bed when YOU KNOW the one under the hood is on its last breath?

You've already committed to changing out power sources, so do it!......Or are you waiting until you're forced to do so......like I was?

If its the latter, you can bet your sweet life that it is sure to be at the most inopportune time.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
dang did you use 1/2 or 3/8? i always use 3/8 impact gun to remove skid plate bolts and never had an issue...

now you give me trauma lol
Used this.
M18™ Cordless Lithium-Ion 1/4" Hex Compact Impact
Puts out over 100 pound feet of torque if you believe the manufacturer

My ex. used to wonder why I needed a two thousand dollar mig welder? well for times like this.
That ESAB has payed for her self over the years.

Last edited:

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What's the benefit of walking around with a fully charged, brand new battery in the bed when YOU KNOW the one under the hood is on its last breath?

You've already committed to changing out power sources, so do it!......Or are you waiting until you're forced to do so......like I was?

If its the latter, you can bet your sweet life that it is sure to be at the most inopportune time.

Mainly waiting on battery blanket as well as other parts to show up so I just gotta disconnect one more time. Im off for the week so I wont be goin anywhere except up the road to the gym. Trust me I’ll get changed before too long for-sure. I never remember my uconnect settings or cluster so I rather only do it once. Found potential culprit left my heated lunch box connected even though Ive done that before and barely drains it so now Ill just give it a try again to see if it occurs again.

Last edited:

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Could have something to due with trust issues?
I have a new battery under the hood and a permanently mounted deep-cycle backup in the bed.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its not that lol and I always store a jump pack in the truck so other then a few minutes of hassle I’m set.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Its not that lol and I always store a jump pack in the truck so other then a few minutes of hassle I’m set.

I am still on the fence about jump packs.
Watched the testing by project farm. Not sure...
The AAA and others use ones costing close to 1K!

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am still on the fence about jump packs.
Watched the testing by project farm. Not sure...
The AAA and others use ones costing close to 1K!

I have a GB40 I use to keep in my Charger was awesome. In my truck I have the GB70 has saved a few people and Ive even before to jump both Diesel work truck and equipment and fits out of site in a case in the floor-bin.

Users who are viewing this thread