5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just ordered the Carlinkit 4.0 Wireless CarPlay.
I’ve had the 2.0 version for a few years. This newer model is the 4.0 and is compatible with both iOS and Android. Supposed to be 10x faster and do a few more things. Carlinkit also has AI Boxes.
Heres a link in case any of you are interested.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had the 2.0 version for a few years. This newer model is the 4.0 and is compatible with both iOS and Android. Supposed to be 10x faster and do a few more things. Carlinkit also has AI Boxes.

Neat.
What I like about wired connection is that it keeps my phone charged.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Neat.
What I like about wired connection is that it keeps my phone charged.
I use a Course Motorsports MagSafe Charging Mount. I get in my truck, set my phone against the magnetic mount, it charges while there and when I start the truck, automatically connects to my radio screen and system.
It works for me!

IMG_7554.jpeg

Last edited:

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Need to look into that
Here‘s a link to my mount. Connects behind the radio bezel.

Here’s a link to the charging part of the mount. I ran the wire down in behind my radio bezel so that no wires show anywhere.

They have really good support to help you get exactly what you want.

Asahdev17

Reaction score
put in some lights for the running boards. Don’t know why ram coulda have done this on their own 🤦‍♂️ but still looks great and closes when the running board goes back in

Attachments

• IMG_8861.jpeg
    IMG_8861.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 67

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
put in some lights for the running boards. Don’t know why ram coulda have done this on their own 🤦‍♂️ but still looks great and closes when the running board goes back in
Link to the lights u used? Where did u pull power from?

Did you mount the light to the frame?

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Dam I just bought the 2.0 from a fellow member for $40 few bucks more I could have gotten the new new

Fbird

Reaction score
I use a Course Motorsports MagSafe Charging Mount. I get in my truck, set my phone against the magnetic mount, it charges while there and when I start the truck, automatically connects to my radio screen and system.
It works for me!

View attachment 176135
yup I recently installed this in mine too. Is it worth the $80 ...probably NOT as I ordered a similar charger for my son @ $30. Same type of holding same rate of charging same ball joint type swivel........only thing different was ^^^^^^ has a little 3" long piece of metal to place it in the perfect place!!!

Last edited:

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score

What's the difference between 4.0 and 5.0 that you didn't grab the 5.0?

Asahdev17

Reaction score
Link to the lights u used? Where did u pull power from?

Did you mount the light to the frame?
Here are the link to the lights https://a.co/d/1LcViz0
I pulled it from the towing outlet positive one. But I put a limit switch on it so it wouldn’t stay on all the time only when the doors are open and power steps come out.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you not have the puddle lamps in your mirrors?

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you not have the puddle lamps in your mirrors?

This. I personally never bothered to install the amp lights on my 5th gen… never felt the need with the puddle lamps I can see the steps just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Even with them I'm still considering adding the same setup.
I guess another question would be, if you have puddle lamps are they LED? I have LED lamps and they are very bright. Not sure if there is comparison, but my buddy's 2500 has halogen puddle lamps and they're very dim. He used the AMP lights.

Users who are viewing this thread