5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got some System X Max and Max G+ professional ceramic coating from a dealer installer friend

View attachment 175946

Also bought a Milwaukee 2738 Rotary, I'll be doing some polishing and ceramic coating in a few weeks

900x2000.jpeg.ec03ec42258e4baca25fdfd7ed7bcd80

You won’t be disappointed w/ that polisher. I was able to do a one step on my truck a few weeks back with one battery now granted front ends PPF’d along with the rear bumper so I was able to skip some of it. Gone are the days where you needed a corded polisher.. cordless makes it so much more convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You won’t be disappointed w/ that polisher. I was able to do a one step on my truck a few weeks back with one battery now granted front ends PPF’d along with the rear bumper so I was able to skip some of it. Gone are the days where you needed a corded polisher.. cordless makes it so much more convenient.

Glad to hear that

Cordless is why I decided to try it, that and a Flex rotary was about $100 more than I paid for this.
I bought some Lake Country Precision Rotary CCS pads and a couple wools. I anticipate that this polisher will cut my polish time in 1/2 based on what I read from other detailers using a rotary.
I've got two 8.0 XC, two 5.0 XC and a 3.0 XC batteries so I've got plenty of power but yeah, I can already see the benefits and the freedom of cordless vs corded polishers.
The polisher came with one 8.0 XC and I ran across a sale at HomeDepot for an 8.0 XC and 3.0 XC battery combo for $110. Bought a Milwaukee impact gun a year ago that came with two 5.0 XC's

Last edited:

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got a Porter cable 7424XP that been my go to for years now but it was always such a hassle and I just always hated the cord over the shoulder and was such a time killer setting everything else gotta move the vehicle drag the extension cords out Im already over it before I’ve gotten started lol. Probably the reason why I never bother until recently to even attempt to polish the truck but man it was so necessary and I finally had the downtime with work for the winter to set time aside. Wash it/decon/clay it one day, then come back the next day quick hit with surface prep and knock a panel or a few panel out depending on weather. Truck was done shortly after I bought it with a one step polish and Gtechniq crystal serum light but thats more than gone especially once I was hit and had to have major PDR done goodbye coating.

Lake country is my go too I picked up some HDO pads didn’t try them since I was using mostly Adams products and had a set of their one step wool pads that did the job. I went with the 21mm to fill the void from the 7424xp.

Weight wise the non extended are the go to for the vertical surfaces if weight becomes an issue and depending on much time your spending on correction but I just used the extended just to see if the whole truck can be done on a single battery.

70runner

Reaction score

Have a link for that by chance? 469 sounds better than 700+ to me🤣

Edit: Just saw the link above. Thanks

Went through this about a year ago, ended up paying about 400. There are several ebay folks in China that sell the carbon fiber wheels. I believe Zen, and everyone else gets their wheels from the same Chinese factory. The China guys sell at about 1/2 price of the US sellers, same product. They make it after the order, takes a few weeks. Nice product and can confirm heat is functional.
installed.jpg

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I got a Porter cable 7424XP that been my go to for years now but it was always such a hassle and I just always hated the cord over the shoulder and was such a time killer setting everything else gotta move the vehicle drag the extension cords out Im already over it before I’ve gotten started lol. Probably the reason why I never bother until recently to even attempt to polish the truck but man it was so necessary and I finally had the downtime with work for the winter to set time aside. Wash it/decon/clay it one day, then come back the next day quick hit with surface prep and knock a panel or a few panel out depending on weather. Truck was done shortly after I bought it with a one step polish and Gtechniq crystal serum light but thats more than gone especially once I was hit and had to have major PDR done goodbye coating.

Lake country is my go too I picked up some HDO pads didn’t try them since I was using mostly Adams products and had a set of their one step wool pads that did the job. I went with the 21mm to fill the void from the 7424xp.

Weight wise the non extended are the go to for the vertical surfaces if weight becomes an issue and depending on much time your spending on correction but I just used the extended just to see if the whole truck can be done on a single battery.

I started with a 7424XP too, well really a air powered rotary when I was painting cars but I have the 7424 then moved to a Griots G15 which works great.
A rotary used correctly is faster and leaves a nicer finish. Bought some wool hybrid pads I'm going to try.

I thought about the weight too, it's well balanced with the 8.0 but I'll probably switch to the lighter 3.0 battery for the hood and roof

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$3600 for ceramic exterior, ceramic tint (fronts) and PPF (full front w/fenders, 1/4 hood, rockers, door cards, a pillars, roof, tailgate, etc). 10 year on the ceramic and lifetime PPF.

That’s actually not bad for all that.

I got full front including grille, headlights, foglights, 1/4 hood, rockers, door guards, A pillars, mirror caps, 1/4 roof, and wheel flares done in clear PPF and also 2 front windows and full pano roof tinted. $950 CAD that’s about $650 USD.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was careful to not disturb my protective coating of mud tonight while doing a little truck stuff for my daughter.

This truck tows so well that at night you sometimes forget theres a trailer back there until you hit a bump, and whoa! 😄
20240203_001737.jpg 20240203_001623.jpg

Asahdev17

Reaction score
Put in a custom made grille logo to match those new ram grill logos. Made this myself pretty sick with a custom start up animation I tried my best to get a get this as close as possible to the new gen ones

Attachments

• IMG_8849.jpeg
    IMG_8849.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 102

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah the limited has to go, sticks out and looks like a afterthought. Any daytime pictures (with the lights turned off).

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread