5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
THIS IS OFF TOPIC BUT I've got a question regarding air suspension. I have aftermarket links to level the truck out, I want to put it back to stock but the driver side link wont come out, so I bought an entire new ride hight sensor for the front left. I know I have to get it recalibrated from ram but I want to know what will happen to my hight after I swap the sensor out. I dont have any faults in the system.

You might try asking this in the suspension section.

Reaction score
which links do u have and whats causing it to hang up?

I bought the links from AirLinks Suspension for Jeep Ram Telsa Porsche
I KNOW IM AN IDOT FOR THIS ->(long story, I was out out town and did some offroading. The top part of the link (aftermarket one) has a clip that locks it from poping out, that clip wasnt there anymore. I paniced and glued it (Thats not the issue because I was able to get it off when I came home with wd40 and a 8mm just picked at it and poped out, the problem is now the bottom part of the link with the lock clip has glue on it and wont come off. thats why I bought a whole new sensor with a new link.)

I would just like to know what would happen to my truck after I install the new ride hight sensor before recalibration (There are no warnings in the cluster for air suspension faults). Before I do anything Im gonna disconnect the battery... I think the truck should just go back to factory ride hight but im still gonna get it recalibrated

What are your thoughts?
thanks in advance

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
What did i do to my truck today - Well, i spent 5 hours talking to a top shelf detailer who loves his job - Very long story short, he wants 7 grand for a full paint correction, PPF, top shelf ceramic interior and exterior, seat material treatment, glass, wheels and tires and i probably missed a few things.
This very interesting and obviously talented young man has done amazing work on everything from Skidoos to a Rolls Royce. I enjoyed chatting with him and learned a great deal.
Im going to do this incrementally, starting with the interior and PPF on the front end.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Eighty @boogielander @Redz72

Well...TRX Dream over!!

My dealership buddy told me this morning that his brother is keeping the TRX (he often keeps what's cool). He said "see what's incoming" (probably none at this point) or "order" (no interest in an RHO), so I told him I'd keep the G/T (unless brother changes his mind) and decide on ordering either a 2024 Durango 392 or HC instead.

They don't have either as a 2023, but other dealerships have a number of both in Vapor Grey (GCM) and Destroyer Grey that are 8-10k discounted for 392s and 3-5k discounted for HCs...THAT it what I really need to snap up!
bummer no TRX :cry:
go for whichever. both options are cool in my eyes lol

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's a never ending addiction that sucks you in over and over and over! Ugh🥲

"Ready Go" has been on probably 20 cars in the 31 years I've been using it!! (keeps me "poor")🤑
I actually changed it off the L-G/T in anticipation of putting it on a Durango SRT392 this spring.
New plate for Ram is more fitting of my state of mind currently....
(maybe change my forum name?, nahhh)
dang i need that plate... but im not gonna spend the money LOL

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What did i do to my truck today - Well, i spent 5 hours talking to a top shelf detailer who loves his job - Very long story short, he wants 7 grand for a full paint correction, PPF, top shelf ceramic interior and exterior, seat material treatment, glass, wheels and tires and i probably missed a few things.
This very interesting and obviously talented young man has done amazing work on everything from Skidoos to a Rolls Royce. I enjoyed chatting with him and learned a great deal.
Im going to do this incrementally, starting with the interior and PPF on the front end.
that's my situation a while back lol
when i talked to my buddy across the street from my work regarding the cost of doing all that, he straight looked me in the eye and said "there's no way you going to stomach the price for the amount of work needed to do even with hook up price"
so i say ok i'll just borrow the tools and do it myself some day and he said ok.

still waiting for that day.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wife has started to express her desire to change vehicles.

She has her heart set on a GMC yukon.

I checked the prices on those this morning.

She and I are gonna have to have a talk.

My wife absolutely loves her 2013 Beetle convertible and has already told me she’s never getting rid of it. I’m happy about that!
We’ve had it about 7 years and she only has about 30K on it, it’s mint AND it’s paid for(has been for several years).

IMG_4384.png

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Depending on how much PPF installed, I guess it could be accurate, but seems high. I paid $1200 for paint correction, ceramic, and interior protection with 5 year guarantee.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not what I did but more like what HAPPENED lol

Stay away from the AVS brand window visors!
lost mine going down the highway. (Don’t mind the durags on the headrest) View attachment 175887
I had two sets of AVS. One regular in-channel, and one low profile in-channel. The first one kept falling off the rear windows. So I found a deal on Amazon on the low profile one for $20. The low profile one kept interfering with the windows closing. Got rid of both.

I've had the AVS in-channels on my Pathfinder for 12yrs with no issues.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Depending on how much PPF installed, I guess it could be accurate, but seems high. I paid $1200 for paint correction, ceramic, and interior protection with 5 year guarantee.
Depending on how much paint correction and ceramic .......... :)

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not that I’m frugal, but no way I’d spend $7k on stuff like that.
I’d never get that passed by wifey! LOL 😎

mplaramie

Reaction score
$3600 for ceramic exterior, ceramic tint (fronts) and PPF (full front w/fenders, 1/4 hood, rockers, door cards, a pillars, roof, tailgate, etc). 10 year on the ceramic and lifetime PPF.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I paid $1800 for full front PPF, full hood, full front fenders, A pillars, door handle pockets, door edges and above the windshield.
Paint correction cold be around $1200 and ceramic about $1500 for all that. What kind of paint correction is he doing, is he sanding out the orange peel then re-polishing?

spaightlabs

Reaction score
How much did he charge you to jabber for 5 hours?

That's about $1000 worth of his time. 😆

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Washed it
4a2b2ea839f445d25afb5204810e3e34.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread