5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

SShadow1974

Reaction score
"could not replicate"
I knew it before I even got to the stealership. At least it didn't cost me anything now that I have a warranty again.
I will take the tech out next time when the roads are nice and dry and I'll replicate it for him. I highly doubt it's normal because I've never felt it on my previous two trucks... And this one doesn't have MT tires to blame it on, either.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought a new '15 300 AWD. I noticed a slight vibration and asked them to look into it. They balanced and rotated the tires and it did nothing. I brought it back and they repeated. I complained, and asked if they checked driveline, alignment, anything... They said, no, there are two more on the lot, they do it to, so it's normal. 🙄

I then went to my sales guy for help, before calling the owner. He said he was sorry, and suggested I try a different dealer for service. He and his brother both had Chargers, and went elsewhere.

Before I could get into the different dealer I got a recall notice about loose bolts in the front drive shaft coupler that could cause vibrations while driving... 🙄

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cleaned off the truck and drove it's maiden voyage in the snow. Surprisingly the tires (Bridgestone Dueler H/L) did really really well. Much better than I thought they would.
Also, took it to the dealer to try and diagnose the vibration I feel in the steering wheel when in 4HI/4Auto.
Take a wild guess that they came back with? You have three chances and four of them don't count. I'll have to take it back when the roads are clear and take the tech out myself so show them.
View attachment 174871
Bets are on Transfer case.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
3b55d4b075db2291a48059329e124574.jpg

At least with it being so cold, the roads are frozen not wet = clean truck.

Since we are talking about cold.

Haven’t driven the truck in about two weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sounds gooood is that with res's off or on? what carven series muffler ?

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
sounds gooood is that with res's off or on? what carven series muffler ?
I have seen a couple of his you tube clips- he has the carven direct bolt on which should be the carven R and resonators delete
Go for it - you have been thinking for a while about pulling the trigger on the resonators

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have seen a couple of his you tube clips- he has the carven direct bolt on which should be the carven R and resonators delete
Go for it - you have been thinking for a while about pulling the trigger on the resonators

i think i may treat myself to this mod on my days off , i just needed some encouragement

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I grow up in Sweden, same latitude parallel as Anchorage, Alaska. We hit -40C a few times when I was in the Army. Not a big deal if you dress for it, exposed skin can get frost bitten quickly. The air is normally dry at these temperatures. Most cars back then had a plug in engine heather, negative 40C takes toll on your battery. Now live in MI where winters are short and mild. But FL sounds better and better every year :)
oh yeah I was in MI for college for a year but i don't recall being THAT cold. like i got so used to it after a month or so I was walking out to dump trash in shorts and sandals lol

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cleaned off the truck and drove it's maiden voyage in the snow. Surprisingly the tires (Bridgestone Dueler H/L) did really really well. Much better than I thought they would.
Also, took it to the dealer to try and diagnose the vibration I feel in the steering wheel when in 4HI/4Auto.
Take a wild guess that they came back with? You have three chances and four of them don't count. I'll have to take it back when the roads are clear and take the tech out myself so show them.
View attachment 174871
"you have a ghost in your truck"?

U

User_63152

Rebel now at about 2.5yr mark, started noticing labored startup. Checked OE battery, 11.5v with engine off. Tried an overnight charge, no change. Called dealer, 2 weeks out for appt. Screw it, picked up Evercharge Platinum H8 at wallymart, 4yr free replacement. When I swapped batteries, used jump and carry to maintain power to truck. $180 for new battery worth avoiding the likely stress/frustration of a dealer encounter, yes for me.
These factory batteries are garbage. I had mine replaced and it still struggles to start sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread