5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1705201584647.png
Decided to power wash the underside this afternoon because I'm considering doing rock lights next weekend and I hate working under trucks with sand/ clay/ dirt falling on my face.
Spent 40 minutes just standing there rinsing the underside with pressure washer, 30 minutes 2 bucketing it, and then 2 hours cleaning up.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 174516
Decided to power wash the underside this afternoon because I'm considering doing rock lights next weekend and I hate working under trucks with sand/ clay/ dirt falling on my face.
Spent 40 minutes just standing there rinsing the underside with pressure washer, 30 minutes 2 bucketing it, and then 2 hours cleaning up.
I know you wheel your truck often, but about time she gets a good wash!! 😅😍

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
True story. Was helping the 70ish year-old dairy farmer down the street work on his manure spreader, he was under it and hit it with a hammer. He starts spitting and coughing, and says, "Good thing my mouth was open or that crap would have hit me in the face."

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Me and my big doofus self left the booster pack in the truck while I was at work. Obviously, by the time that the -35 day was over both the truck and the booster were dead.

Here comes Mr. Property Maintenance dude to my rescue, equipped with his trusty Tacoma and jumper cables. We line up, he connects his end and I connect mine. A few seconds later my truck roared to life. He disconnected from my end and my truck shuts off on its own almost immediately (the battery was that weak). I shouted to him from my driver's seat to hook us back up. DUDE DID A REVERSE CONNECTION ON MY TRUCK (positive to negative and vice versa).

Now my radio is dead (meaning no reverse camera or nutten). To top it all off, we will be -40 all weekend so I won't be able to do anything till deep into next week.

I am not a happy camper!!
Well, color me happy again!

It turned out to be an $8 fix (blown fuse) with the hardest parts being the finding of the fuse and actually getting my fingers to function properly in the -38 weather.

The owners' manual helped me identify the correct fuse (F44 for the radio if any one is wondering) but refused to tell me where it was hidden. Thank heavens for this guy:

In all of this, I learned something about myself. Apparently, I would rather risk frost bite and losing fingers than stare down a week without my tunes. Who knew?!

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, color me happy again!

It turned out to be an $8 fix (blown fuse) with the hardest parts being the finding of the fuse and actually getting my fingers to function properly in the -38 weather.

The owners' manual helped me identify the correct fuse (F44 for the radio if any one is wondering) but refused to tell me where it was hidden. Thank heavens for this guy:

In all of this, I learned something about myself. Apparently, I would rather risk frost bite and losing fingers than stare down a week without my tunes. Who knew?!
Great info. Guess I’m picking up a screwdriver with a socket bit set (7mm at least) and keeping it in my glovebox.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
True story. Was helping the 70ish year-old dairy farmer down the street work on his manure spreader, he was under it and hit it with a hammer. He starts spitting and coughing, and says, "Good thing my mouth was open or that crap would have hit me in the face."
i wear a face shield for that reason!

the trails we hit usually have wild animals and wild animals don't care where they take care of their business... i know because i've seen bullsh*t on the trail. like legit bull sh*tting while crossing the trail!

MarkHodges

Reaction score
I didn't do anything with my 2022 rebel truck except wish that Tow companies were not 144 hours behind on tow calls :)
Thursday I drove truck at 2pm and got lunch...at 7:30pm, remote start didn't work in the -30 degree C weather. Started but you could tell battery wasn't happy and was showing low on the ACC guage. Got home, plugged into that stupidly short block heater cable. Tried remote start next morning, nothing. Went to truck to start it...all it did was click (but I had some power). Went to work in wife's car, came home and truck had zero electrical at all....brake pedal is depressed and got nothing inside.

Got a battery charger and plugged in and left it all day...was showing <25% and now its stopped charging at 100%....not even a door light on the truck...its cold and dead....
Put in tow request with FCS Canada website....guess I may hear back from them tomorrow if all goes well I hope. Supposed to warm up to -16C so that will help some with the tow companies.

MarkHodges

Reaction score
I have booster pack as well. Its not a battery issue...the battery is fully charged. The truck is completely dead....I don't even get interior lights or any dash lights...a booster would help it start if the cold cranking amps were too low to get the engine to start...doesn't do anything when I have zero electrical activity at all on a full battery....

But for ****s and giggles (I'm married so I've been wrong before) I did go hook up my booster and still didn't get any electrical power at all. Its as if the battery isn't connected to truck. its -35 C so I didn't spend a ton of time outside screwing around except to giggle the wires and see if they were loose.

Did go kick the stalagmites of ice from my house and Neighbours houses that were creeping towards the exhaust vents on the furnaces and hot water tanks so I feel I accomplished something for all the effort of getting dressed to go outside :)

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have booster pack as well. Its not a battery issue...the battery is fully charged. The truck is completely dead....I don't even get interior lights or any dash lights...a booster would help it start if the cold cranking amps were too low to get the engine to start...doesn't do anything when I have zero electrical activity at all on a full battery....

But for ****s and giggles (I'm married so I've been wrong before) I did go hook up my booster and still didn't get any electrical power at all. Its as if the battery isn't connected to truck. its -35 C so I didn't spend a ton of time outside screwing around except to giggle the wires and see if they were loose.

Did go kick the stalagmites of ice from my house and Neighbours houses that were creeping towards the exhaust vents on the furnaces and hot water tanks so I feel I accomplished something for all the effort of getting dressed to go outside :)

I can almost guarantee that if you put a new battery in it, it'll start right up.

I know battery is showing "fully charged" but the dealer said the same thing about my battery and sent me on my way. A day later, issue happened again, I tried jumping it and it wouldn't work. I tried a trickle charger and it didn't work.

Went to Autozone got a new battery and all problems were gone. You'll read countless stories like this.

Unless this isn't the original battery, then forget everything I just said and continue to wait for the tow truck 😅

MarkHodges

Reaction score
its original battery and its under warranty and I don't NEED the truck right now so figure, screwem, let them figure it out :)

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How badly do you need a donut? 😏

Dam well maybe next time we get some powder I’ll try it. I had to drive for a while to find a parking lot that wasn’t completely melted.

I’m curious if the truck can do a flat spin? I used to love doing them in my evo.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dam well maybe next time we get some powder I’ll try it. I had to drive for a while to find a parking lot that wasn’t completely melted.

I’m curious if the truck can do a flat spin? I used to love doing them in my evo.
Definitely can. I've done them in mine, but I use my TazerDT to completely kill TCS/ESP

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online