5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is a flat spin? We only have donuts here...

Didn't know Tazer could kill TC/ESC, cool.

I will say this - My '04 GMC had a stick transfer case 4WD and a Gov-Lock axle. When I needed it, just pulled the stick. Ram have to push the 4WD button (hidden by the steering wheel), push the axle lock (also hidden, and only good for 25mph), and turn off TC. Tried to go around a city corner in the snow this am and couldn't engage while spinning, holding up traffic. Arrgg.

Also, doesn't someone make a harness for the F26 fuse? Was marketed for the 4th gen, but still should work in the correct slot.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What is a flat spin? We only have donuts here...

Didn't know Tazer could kill TC/ESC, cool.

I will say this - My '04 GMC had a stick transfer case 4WD and a Gov-Lock axle. When I needed it, just pulled the stick. Ram have to push the 4WD button (hidden by the steering wheel), push the axle lock (also hidden, and only good for 25mph), and turn off TC. Tried to go around a city corner in the snow this am and couldn't engage while spinning, holding up traffic. Arrgg.

Also, doesn't someone make a harness for the F26 fuse? Was marketed for the 4th gen, but still should work in the correct slot.
When you are just spinning in a circle but staying in one place.

70runner

Reaction score
Rebel now at about 2.5yr mark, started noticing labored startup. Checked OE battery, 11.5v with engine off. Tried an overnight charge, no change. Called dealer, 2 weeks out for appt. Screw it, picked up Evercharge Platinum H8 at wallymart, 4yr free replacement. When I swapped batteries, used jump and carry to maintain power to truck. $180 for new battery worth avoiding the likely stress/frustration of a dealer encounter, yes for me.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Rebel now at about 2.5yr mark, started noticing labored startup. Checked OE battery, 11.5v with engine off. Tried an overnight charge, no change. Called dealer, 2 weeks out for appt. Screw it, picked up Evercharge Platinum H8 at wallymart, 4yr free replacement. When I swapped batteries, used jump and carry to maintain power to truck. $180 for new battery worth avoiding the likely stress/frustration of a dealer encounter, yes for me.
If you have a battery charger, should have connected it to new battery to ensure it was fully charged before putting in the truck. When I did mine it took four hours to hit full charge with my Optima battery charger.

Insanity

Reaction score
If you have a battery charger, should have connected it to new battery to ensure it was fully charged before putting in the truck. When I did mine it took four hours to hit full charge with my Optima battery charger.

When I was working as a PS mech I seen a lot of batteries filled up with the juice and handed to the customer. I have seen tomers be so impatient that they demanded I fill a battery so they can leave right away to come back to warranty the dead battery later and be pissed off about it... I know it sounds like being extra but it really does help to top off before use. I always assume the battery was activated and never charged.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Bought a piece of 3/8ā€ CDX plywood and a gallon (overkill) of black exterior paint. Cut the sheet down to 66ā€ for my short bed, then painted the plywood.
Now I wonā€™t scratch the spray-on bed liner. Wouldnā€™t want that to happenā€¦šŸ¤£

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bought a piece of 3/8ā€ CDX plywood and a gallon (overkill) of black exterior paint. Cut the sheet down to 66ā€ for my short bed, then painted the plywood.
Now I wonā€™t scratch the spray-on bed liner. Wouldnā€™t want that to happenā€¦šŸ¤£
Now you need a rubber mat to protect the plywood thatā€™s protecting your bedliner.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now you need a rubber mat to protect the plywood thatā€™s protecting your bedliner.

But the rubber mat will soon become discolored and brittle if left to the elements, so it would be wise for him to invest in a bak-flip bed cover.šŸ‘

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
But the rubber mat will soon become discolored and brittle if left to the elements, so it would be wise for him to invest in a bak-flip bed cover.šŸ‘
I have a Lomax on order, then will use a blue Harbor Freight tarp over the whole thing.
Actually Iā€™ve hired a roll-on tow truck to haul me around because I might put some wear on the tires. šŸ¤”šŸ˜€

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No, he would be better off putting a piece of 3/8ā€ CDX (painted black) over the rubber mat. That would protect it pretty well.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
And probably a tarp on top of that. Donā€™t want the plywood to get wet
You must have missed the HF tarp I already spoke of. šŸ˜®šŸ¤”

The advantage of a 3/4ā€ piece of plywood, 1ā€ horse stall mat and another 3/4ā€ is that it uhh, reduces wheel hop. Need the weight and sand bags put too much load on a small area, kinda like needing wider tank tracks or tractor tires for low ground PSI. Same idea. Donā€™t want to stress the bed or frame.

Oh, and technically the plywood must go sideways in order to protect the bed liner before and after the wheelwells, as well as needing to box said wheelwells in order to protect them. Back of the tailgate too. Painted too, I chose gloss black as it sheds water better than flat.

Did I mention the top tailgate protecter crafted out of Weathertec mats?

Last but not least are the Yosemite Sam ā€œBack Offā€ mud flaps. Gottaā€™ have that.

Sigh, and its all riding on that roll-on tow truck.

Well thatā€™s enough for now. I will be working on the interior floor next. A few layers of premium foam pad, plush carpet and Weathertec mats is a start.

Dang, I forgot to protect the top and bottom of the auto deploying steps. Now thereā€™s another project! šŸ˜®

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread