5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What was your search criteria for browsing FB Marketplace? There is so much junk and scams that come across my feed and I haven’t found a good way to weed them out. Thanks in Adavnce.
Well for starters I do not have a FB profile I just use the marketplace search. All I searched was 5th gen ram or suspension maxx and happened to come across them. No specific refining for the search besides my search radius.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What was your search criteria for browsing FB Marketplace? There is so much junk and scams that come across my feed and I haven’t found a good way to weed them out. Thanks in Adavnce.
Offer up has been a good place for me.
But more and more reports are coming out of not just scams but people being jump or even rob at gunpoint at meeting places,
so always be cautious

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
But more and more reports are coming out of not just scams but people being jump or even rob at gunpoint at meeting places,
so always be cautious
Yea that was my experience with offer up. Fb uses a more authentic profile vs offer up can be fake . Ive met up with a few people who I didn’t trust just from convos and had a buddy run with me to make sure the transaction went smooth.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Reverse aux lights. Ran the harness to the blazer controller upfront since I really don't have a daily need for them. I used roll bar mounts to mounted them to the hitch, I saw this mounting option from a member here.
I ended up not using the harness that came with the lights and went with a harbor freight tools harness since it would work better plus an extension I had left over from a previous install.
The side shooter is partially block by the exhaust tips so still have to work on placement and aim.

Attachments

• 20240102_182909.jpg
    20240102_182909.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 58
  • 20240102_184923.jpg
    20240102_184923.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 57
  • 20240102_184940.jpg
    20240102_184940.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 63
  • 20240102_185137.jpg
    20240102_185137.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 20240102_182846.jpg
    20240102_182846.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 62

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so always be cautious
I am friends with my local Sheriff, at my suggestion, he put in a designated parking spot for "on line sale meetings " and will even send a deputy out if you call in advance. He loves the advertising he gets since it is an election year! Although I have had a few people cancel on me when I tell them we will be meeting there. 🤔

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Reverse aux lights. Ran the harness to the blazer controller upfront since I really don't have a daily need for them. I used roll bar mounts to mounted them to the hitch, I saw this mounting option from a member here.
I ended up not using the harness that came with the lights and went with a harbor freight tools harness since it would work better plus an extension I had left over from a previous install.
The side shooter is partially block by the exhaust tips so still have to work on placement and aim.
Good luck with the roll bar mounts. Had a set in mine initially and they had a piece of foam tape that was supposed to help hold them in place. Lasted a couple months, then they loosened up. Bought the Diode Dynamics brackets that bolt on using one of the lower plastic trim bolts. Those worked so much better

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea that was my experience with offer up. Fb uses a more authentic profile vs offer up can be fake . Ive met up with a few people who I didn’t trust just from convos and had a buddy run with me to make sure the transaction went smooth.

Years ago I was selling a car stereo on one of those sell sites. I was messaging with the individual that was interested about meeting up for the sale. I told him I would meet him at the police department that was not very far from his house. He straight up refused stating that he will not meet at a police station. RED FLAGS! I told him I was no longer interested in selling it to him.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am friends with my local Sheriff, at my suggestion, he put in a designated parking spot for "on line sale meetings " and will even send a deputy out if you call in advance. He loves the advertising he gets since it is an election year! Although I have had a few people cancel on me when I tell them we will be meeting there. 🤔
Several law enforcement offices openly offer this around here.

I had a guy across the state "want" to buy an old Chevy axle from me. He was going to send me a cashiers check, you know the routine.

So, I gave him my name, my address, and phone number. Well, I said they were mine. I didn't know the sheriff at the time, but do know the mayor. I waited a few weeks and asked if the sheriff had received any cashiers checks. He said, yes, and they traced it back to a Mailbox Express or something back in St. Louis, but gave up... and the sheriff was very curious what that was all about. 😄

Last edited:

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Years ago I was selling a car stereo on one of those sell sites. I was messaging with the individual that was interested about meeting up for the sale. I told him I would meet him at the police department that was not very far from his house. He straight up refused stating that he will not meet at a police station. RED FLAGS! I told him I was no longer interested in selling it to him.
Oh man super sketch!
looks good!

Users who are viewing this thread