5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the Eibach adjustable coilovers, which are advertised as adjustable on the vehicle with a spanner.

They are steel bodies not aluminum.

Would you think there is risk adjusting those without a compressor (eg is the risk only to aluminum threads in your opinion)?

I lowered them a bit prior to install and it seemed easy.

I was thinking I should be ok lowering them further on the truck if needed, but wouldn’t expect to be able to heighten them without spring compressors, despite there being videos on Eibachs website showing heightening looking easy enough.
Did you happen to notice if the Eibach coilover is a longer strut than OEM?

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I considered asking for a current newspaper to be held in the picture - for that exact reason

Just for you

ef5481514b1a93fdfc01ec49fc04f5e9.jpg

Time stamped walk around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve never heard of some one removing and Installing and repeating to get the ride hight adjusted correctly. That’s a bit silly.

I’ve owned several different brands of coil overs. Simply taking the weight off the vehicle and the proper tool is all you need.

Unless it’s a cheap coil over like the rc ones or the fox 2.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
welp i've done it both ways multiple times for customers.
my preferred method is to remove, adjust, and reinstall instead of fighting the tension.
OH **** i just remembered... our customers usually run heavier spring rates so doing it off the vehicle is a lot easier. The only exception is when customer request us to lower the ride height then spring tension actually helps.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Eibach adjustable coilovers, which are advertised as adjustable on the vehicle with a spanner.

They are steel bodies not aluminum.

Would you think there is risk adjusting those without a compressor (eg is the risk only to aluminum threads in your opinion)?

I lowered them a bit prior to install and it seemed easy.

I was thinking I should be ok lowering them further on the truck if needed, but wouldn’t expect to be able to heighten them without spring compressors, despite there being videos on Eibachs website showing heightening looking easy enough.
yeah you'll be fine lowering them on vehicle with a spanner. Just spray WD-40 or some kind of lubricant liberally before you do so.
lowering is always easier lol

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dude the high speed adjustment knob feels like it’s welded shut 😂 I seriously can’t turn it even one click lmao so I’d say this knob would be beneficial for sure
you can try it whenever we go wheel before you buy lol
it's a life changer!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, poop! If I ever washed my truck again, I was going to get a bunch of different pix... different angles... different time of day... in the garage... outside... ,but you're on to me.

Back to drooling over Boogie's pix... going camping next month. Nothing like that, but if the kids decide not to go we'll take the RTT. I can try out my cool novelty Christmas gift...

i'd love to get one of those but probably will break it on the way to camp with how I drive on trails LOL

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dam man that’s a steal. Great find! They look good to go.
For sure. He had them posted for a while but I didn’t have the time to drive out and get them. I guess it was fate because he said some one out of state hit him up and asked him to check on shipping so I snuck in and got the sale!

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For sure. He had them posted for a while but I didn’t have the time to drive out and get them. I guess it was fate because he said some one out of state hit him up and asked him to check on shipping so I snuck in and got the sale!
What was your search criteria for browsing FB Marketplace? There is so much junk and scams that come across my feed and I haven’t found a good way to weed them out. Thanks in Adavnce.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What was your search criteria for browsing FB Marketplace? There is so much junk and scams that come across my feed and I haven’t found a good way to weed them out. Thanks in Adavnce.
Even when you put in RAM, they show you almost everything BUT RAM related parts.

Users who are viewing this thread