5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

SShadow1974

Reaction score
Only thing I did today to the RAM was install stake hole tie downs. Had to trim the plastic bed cover a bit because the holes in the plastic aren't big enough for them to drop in.
Note to others, don't buy the 4v Lithium Ryobi rotary tool. It sucks. Not only would it bog down and stop when cutting plastic, the "tool free" bit replacement gets jammed and it will break before releasing. My son got me a 4 tool set that included a carver, glue gun and a cutter. Didn't even try the other tools, the whole thing is going back to Home Despot. Ordered a Dremel off Amazon. Should be at least a little better quality than that Ryobi. (I've had really good experience with Ryobi tools in the past, but these 4v Lithium tools are horrid.)
Oh and I filled my tool roll with a set of impact sockets and wrenches and put it under my rear seat along with my impact gun.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That was a thought but it was a one time deal so a $3000 solution to an $80 problem ain’t in the cards.

The time to have bought a trailer was a year ago when we started on this property. Had my eye on a few on Marketplace but the prices are stupid these and I can't make up my mind on how big I want. I've regretted buying almost every one of the several I have over the years so until I have a definitive use, (like bringing home a Can-Am Maverick X3 Turbo RR), I'm holding out.

FYI, did the math and that load came out to 1729 lbs so yeah, just slightly over the payload limit of 1400lbs.
I bought a 5x8 utility trailer 10yrs ago when I got my Can-Am Outlander. It was $750 brand new. I just looked and they're $1200 now.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I actually really like the orange but that's outta my range 😮‍💨

Found a sandblast edition in Texas that I might go for once I get my financial advisor (wife) on board 😅

Well, it appears he put down his crack pipe. Offer him $85k.

SShadow1974

Reaction score
Haven't drive anything today except take a load of garbage to the dump and to the recyclers. Using the truck as a truck. Oh and running my wife around... So using it like a taxi too.

kjaminet22

Reaction score
Got my new 285/55/22 Toyo Open Country AT3's a few hours ago. Initial impressions are highly positive, the ride quality at 38 psi is great. I only had the stock tires on for a week and can't vividly recall those but the ride is better compared to my previous Falken AT3W tires in size 285/45/22. I'm thrilled with the aesthetic of the larger tires, as I've been desiring a beefier sidewall for quite some time. I know there will be a decrease in fuel efficiency but my annual mileage is only 5,000 miles, so I'm not overly concerned. My setup includes Bilstein 5100 shocks on clip 5 and 1" blocks in the rear. Based on others reviews I thought I'd have to do some light work with a heat gun but I performed numerous full-lock turns in both forward and reverse and no rubbing occurred :) I changed the tire size with my tazer to 34.35 and the speedometer is dead nuts compared to two different GPS apps. No issues with that size turning off the parking sensors. Finally don't feel like I have rubber band tires on, this is size they should come from the factory! 20231227_133147.jpg 20231227_130940.jpg 20231227_130916.jpg 20231227_131053.jpg

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Back in Vermont for Christmas (from our temporary home in NC). Snapped a couple of photos of my 50,000 mile EcoDiesel Limited:

53425324126_d2bf7b660d_b.jpg
53425753880_56746ed4ba_b.jpg

2024_Ram_2500

Reaction score
Bought my 2024 HD BH 2 weeks ago and have added tonneau cover, screen protector. Waiting on delivery of running boards, remote start kit, bypass cable, OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner. Rim upgrade to 20" is next

2024_Ram_2500

Reaction score
Got my new 285/55/22 Toyo Open Country AT3's a few hours ago. Initial impressions are highly positive, the ride quality at 38 psi is great. I only had the stock tires on for a week and can't vividly recall those but the ride is better compared to my previous Falken AT3W tires in size 285/45/22. I'm thrilled with the aesthetic of the larger tires, as I've been desiring a beefier sidewall for quite some time. I know there will be a decrease in fuel efficiency but my annual mileage is only 5,000 miles, so I'm not overly concerned. My setup includes Bilstein 5100 shocks on clip 5 and 1" blocks in the rear. Based on others reviews I thought I'd have to do some light work with a heat gun but I performed numerous full-lock turns in both forward and reverse and no rubbing occurred :) I changed the tire size with my tazer to 34.35 and the speedometer is dead nuts compared to two different GPS apps. No issues with that size turning off the parking sensors. Finally don't feel like I have rubber band tires on, this is size they should come from the factory! View attachment 173387 View attachment 173388 View attachment 173389 View attachment 173390
Looks great! Im looking to replace my stock 18" chromies for something similar.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
FYI, there are 20" OE wheels for 2500/3500 SRW trucks. However I would want the strength of the 18" tires as well as the stronger 18" wheels. My 1500 has the 20" wheels and I just bought Michelin tires for it, I wished it had 18" wheels.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
According to Tire rack, 18's are only a dollar cheaper.

Michelin Defender LTX M/S2
275/65-18 = $285.99/each
275/55-20 = $286.99/each
285/45-22 = $349.99/each

I just bought another set of Michelin Defender LTX's in 305/45-22 and they were $1600, not including the alignment afterwards. Michelin is offering a rebate in the form of a Visa card but it was only $70.

LeQuack1992

Reaction score
Installed running boards and seat covers today.

Attachments

• Seat cover 4.jpg
    Seat cover 4.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 87
  • Seat cover 3.jpg
    Seat cover 3.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Seat cover 2.jpg
    Seat cover 2.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Seat cover 1.jpg
    Seat cover 1.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Ram running board.jpg
    Ram running board.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Ram running board 2.jpg
    Ram running board 2.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 89

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Only thing I did today to the RAM was install stake hole tie downs. Had to trim the plastic bed cover a bit because the holes in the plastic aren't big enough for them to drop in.
Note to others, don't buy the 4v Lithium Ryobi rotary tool. It sucks. Not only would it bog down and stop when cutting plastic, the "tool free" bit replacement gets jammed and it will break before releasing. My son got me a 4 tool set that included a carver, glue gun and a cutter. Didn't even try the other tools, the whole thing is going back to Home Despot. Ordered a Dremel off Amazon. Should be at least a little better quality than that Ryobi. (I've had really good experience with Ryobi tools in the past, but these 4v Lithium tools are horrid.)
Oh and I filled my tool roll with a set of impact sockets and wrenches and put it under my rear seat along with my impact gun.
I didn’t know they had 4v tools

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yesterday I had my rear window replaced by the dealership under the extended warranty. Unfortunately the rear window looks like crap because there’s some kind of nasty film on there. I tried go clean it off but looks like I’ll be going back to the dealership to have them correct it.

Mine had the same weird stuff on it, after a couple washes it came off.

Gren71

Reaction score
MAN this is a beast of a thread to comb through...

I put on a set of sump springs yesterday. I had them on the gladiator and was amazed with them...on the ram though not so much. They are too long and sit maybe 1/16th above the axle, if not in contact. They made the ride to work feel ROUGH. So theyll be coming off and I have some knock off timbrens coming from amazon. They should sit about 1in above the axle and do the trick for towing until I can get I call sumo on monday and ask after shorter, and probably softer, springs.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
MAN this is a beast of a thread to comb through...

I put on a set of sump springs yesterday. I had them on the gladiator and was amazed with them...on the ram though not so much. They are too long and sit maybe 1/16th above the axle, if not in contact. They made the ride to work feel ROUGH. So theyll be coming off and I have some knock off timbrens coming from amazon. They should sit about 1in above the axle and do the trick for towing until I can get I call sumo on monday and ask after shorter, and probably softer, springs.

If you tow quite a bit, you might consider Timber Grove air springs. When you add a load, you simply add air and raise the back of the truck back up to stock height.

Gren71

Reaction score
If you tow quite a bit, you might consider Timber Grove air springs. When you add a load, you simply add air and raise the back of the truck back up to stock height.

Thanks! ive read a TON on them, and had the airlift 1000 bags in the gladiator. I haven't pulled my camper with this ram yet so im taking it slow with towing upgrades and the like. Its a 30ft 6,000lbs TT with 715lbs ( +/-) of tongue weight. I know the sumos make a difference is purposing so they were an easy low hanging fruit sort of grab...but im way let down that they are in contact with the axle already...my old JT ones sat a good bit over the axle and only engaged when I had a load on the rear which was perfect. From what I was reading last night the knock offs are softer than the Timberns and will sit where I want them for now. They arrive sunday night so we will see, but the sumos come off when I get home from work

Users who are viewing this thread