5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ll quit after new years.

New year new me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't quit solely on my account!

Who's to say - maybe you will serve to inspire some of the less meticulous ones on the site. Heck, maybe my 'new year, new me' will be to keep my truck the way Ferraiolo1 keeps his (its a long shot, but so was a trip to the moon in 1968).🍻

For now though, I am kind o hoping that your garage door opener breaks and a dump truck 'accidentally' empties its load on your driveway.

That's probably the only time my truck could rival yours for cleanliness. :ROFLMAO:

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just hope my upcoming detail looks 60% as good lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The dealer washes my truck whenever the dealer needs to work on it, whether it needs it or not!

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah you have one of the salesman’s 14 year old kids doing it with a dirty mit. Personally know several dealerships around here that do that.

I always put a note on my steering wheel to NOT wash the truck.

This! I tell the local dealer not to wash it every time. Sometimes its already clean other times I’m coming back from working out of state and trucks filthy. They can’t possibly fathom why a customer wouldn’t want a a free wash w/ the same wash mit they used on several cars throughout the week.

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This! I tell the local dealer not to wash it every time. Sometimes its already clean other times I’m coming back from working out of state and trucks filthy. They can’t possibly fathom why a customer wouldn’t want a a free wash w/ the same wash mit they used on several cars throughout the week.

Not to be a "Topper" but besides telling them not to wash it I'll leave a post-it note on the dash so some porter doesn't "accidentally" do it.

JOzzz

Reaction score
Retightened header bolts, 3 needed about an 1/8 of a turn.

They need to add this to the maintenance interval

“Daily: Check oil, tires and all other fluids. Tighten exhaust manifold bolts.”

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Retightened header bolts, 3 needed about an 1/8 of a turn.

They need to add this to the maintenance interval

“Daily: Check oil, tires and all other fluids. Tighten exhaust manifold bolts.”

That's standard practice with headers. Thought everyone knew that.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah you have one of the salesman’s 14 year old kids doing it with a dirty mit. Personally know several dealerships around here that do that.

I always put a note on my steering wheel to NOT wash the truck.

Same, I have to tell them not to wash my vehicles repeatedly. The GMC Dealer is the worst offender byt far and they have a meat grinder for a carwash..... :rolleyes:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Same, I have to tell them not to wash my vehicles repeatedly. The GMC Dealer is the worst offender byt far and they have a meat grinder for a carwash..... :rolleyes:
Having done a lot of work at local dealership over the last few years, the car washes they have are not kept up. The "rags" are all beat to crap and not cleaned, all different lengths from being worn out. Definitely nothing I'd ever want to send my truck through, and I use automatic car washes regularly. But they are in a lot better shape

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What's funnier to me is the weird and puzzled look they give you when you tell them not to wash the vehicle. I've gotten quite a few stares from it in my time. Luckily, my local RAM dealer will only wash the vehicles upon customer request. I still tell them every time I visit though just to make sure their standard procedure hasn't changed lol.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The local Toyota/Subaru dealership doesn't bother with washing cars after service. Instead, they give you a voucher for a complimentary wash at one of two car washes. One is a regular brush style wash and the other is touchless. I take the card and give them to lazy family members. :ROFLMAO:

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the last time i visited a dealer for maintenance was in 2020 or 2019 (or something like that) at my local toyota dealer. Told them not to feed it through the machine wash and they said "we can't feed yours through with the ditch lights and roof rack and light bar on top anyways. don't want to run the risk of breaking your stuff and our machine"
then later on i found out People's Republic of Commiefornia made them stop doing complimentary carwashes due to the drought.

so what have I learned?
-live somewhere where a government can get its hands on how a private business conducts business so the dealers can't wash your truck even if they have that irresistible urge to do it when you tell them not to.
or
-if the dealer uses those automatic wash machines have some mods that look intimidating so the dealers will not want to have that liability. if the dealer uses manual labor to wash it... god help you.

All jokes aside, my new year resolution is to try and stay away from puddles on the trails as much as possible since there's no way I can keep my truck as clean as @ferraiolo1 . baby step, my friends, baby steps.
1703014520528.png
That doesn't look like much but the entire under side was covered in thick mud. I cleaned out at least 1 5-gallon buckets worth of mud from the underside.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well I guess I am on the opposite side of things - the satisfaction of washing my own car last but 5 minutes or so since dust and pollen take care of that quick
I can be a little lazy so I was always happy with a free wash but it must be more than 5 years since that was last offer by any dealer in my area
that started during the drought and it must have been eliminated permanently

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Washing and detailing my truck is usually a waste of my time. It would look great if it was just a garage queen but unfortunately living in farm country isn’t great for staying clean longer than 5 minutes. Lot of manure spreaders around here messing up country roads. Spilled liquid manure is the worst.💩💩💩

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've never had a dealer offer to wash my vehicle. I would probably refuse even though I only wash my truck after the roads clear up in the spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/