5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Love the look, but it is pretty obnoxious when I get my truck washed then water comes out from under the vents. Once I noticed it I told my car wash guy and he blows the water out now.
This. The wash I drive through has 3 fans at the end, I just spend a few extra seconds with the hood under those and all is well. When I wash it at home, I just blow these out with the leaf blower.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Updated this little doohickey and filled out the PSM swap form last night!
80d9d60f84a85aefe7367c62e30496a2.jpg

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No I don’t believe the sport hood has anything to do with Night Editions. All sport hoods are the same regardless of having the Night Edition added to the truck. Example, all Rebels have the sport hood, but not all Rebels are Night Edition. If that makes sense.
yeah, is that like tht whole "all chinos are khakis, but not all khakis are chinos" thing? 😅

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dealership gets a glass company to do it. I dropped the truck off at 8:00 AM and picked it up at 2:30 PM.
Dealer gave me a new truck as a loaner. Had the 3.0 V6.
I’ll keep my Hemi thank you.
Wait... not the Hurricane, right? the current V6 you're sayin?

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What cover did you go with?

I’m thinking I’ll get the Access Lorado soft rollup cover. It seems people are really happy with these. I was also looking at the Truxedo Lo Pro, which I think is very similar, and I could probably go either way, but I’m leaning towards the Access product.

It also seems people are pretty happy with less expensive soft roll up covers — I read about good experiences all around with this style cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a cheap Amazon soft roll-up and have zero regrets. Been over 2 yrs and still good.

I had a trifold hard cover on my Ford a few years ago and I hated having to take it off when I needed the whole bed. There are others that flip up to give the whole bed, but then they block the rear window. I don't like that.

The soft roll-up moves out the way effortlessly. I even use it with my truck bed tent without issues.

rylock21

Reaction score
What cover did you go with?

I’m thinking I’ll get the Access Lorado soft rollup cover. It seems people are really happy with these. I was also looking at the Truxedo Lo Pro, which I think is very similar, and I could probably go either way, but I’m leaning towards the Access product.

It also seems people are pretty happy with less expensive soft roll up covers — I read about good experiences all around with this style cover.

I ended up getting the Gator EFX, I had $75 in Amazon credit and they had it on their site so grabbed one. I tend to only keep my cars for a few years so didn’t want to invest more than 500-600 on a cover.

bigdaddymac

Reaction score
5 year anniversary coming up so decided to upgrade some suspension parts. RC M1 loaded struts up front with new UCAs. M1 shocks and full 6” lift progressive rate coil in the rear.

Wednesday it goes in for new rear sliding window, new 8.4” Uconnect, new 3rd brake light and new exhaust manifolds. Warranty, TSBs and recalls.

Attachments

• IMG_9215.jpeg
    IMG_9215.jpeg
    275.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_9217.jpeg
    IMG_9217.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_9218.jpeg
    IMG_9218.jpeg
    230.1 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_9219.jpeg
    IMG_9219.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 104

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ended up getting the Gator EFX, I had $75 in Amazon credit and they had it on their site so grabbed one. I tend to only keep my cars for a few years so didn’t want to invest more than 500-600 on a cover.
I've had that cover for over three years on my 2020. Zero issues. Works great, and one of the lowest profile ones I coukd find

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got around to loading my music on a dedicated flash drive for the truck.

My phone can rest now, and last longer on those road trips.

W Six

Reaction score
Change out the rear diff gear oil.
Just over 50k on it I believe and the last approx 7k of it was down g out TT.

JOzzz

Reaction score
Replaced passenger side header gasket. Tick started to come back after about 15k miles since shorty headers were installed. Would go away after about 10 seconds, but it’s killing the cold start effect.

Users who are viewing this thread