5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

familywagon

Reaction score
Already had a Magnaflow muffler replacement and 5” tips. I wanted a little more Murica out the exhaust. today I did a resonator delete and I notice absolutely no difference anywhere in the rev range or upon start up. Definitely disappointed.

i know my ears work because I can still clearly hear my wife complain about stupid stuff.

Edit: ok maybe it’s a little deeper. I don’t know. I’m straining to hear the difference and justify spending the dollars lol

Last edited:

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Already had a Magnaflow muffler replacement and 5” tips. I wanted a little more Murica out the exhaust. today I did a resonator delete and I notice absolutely no difference anywhere in the rev range or upon start up. Definitely disappointed.

i know my ears work because I can still clearly hear my wife complain about stupid stuff.
What size Magnaflow did you go with? The Dod18 or the 14?

I had the Dod18 on my 4th gen and it sounded awesome. When I was looking into exhaust for my 5th gen, I was told the new exhausts are different and to go with the Dod14 for a moderate sound. In the end I decided on the muffler delete and kept the resonators. Not disappointed at all.

Mitch22

Reaction score
Got lucky and found a used Bakflip MX4 on Offerup for a great price. Came off a 2019. Washed the truck and sprayed it down with some 303 and it turned out looking almost new.

Attachments

• IMG_0560.jpg
    IMG_0560.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0566.jpg
    IMG_0566.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0552.jpg
    IMG_0552.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 84

familywagon

Reaction score
What size Magnaflow did you go with? The Dod18 or the 14?

I had the Dod18 on my 4th gen and it sounded awesome. When I was looking into exhaust for my 5th gen, I was told the new exhausts are different and to go with the Dod14 for a moderate sound. In the end I decided on the muffler delete and kept the resonators. Not disappointed at all.
I did the 18. I like the sound. It’s nice and deep. Just doesn’t have that level I was hoping for. I guess I had my hopes high in the resonator delete.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got lucky and found a used Bakflip MX4 on Offerup for a great price. Came off a 2019. Washed the truck and sprayed it down with some 303 and it turned out looking almost new.
Looks good. I’m jealous of that beautiful warm weather there it’s 30 some odd degrees here in (Oklahoma).

familywagon

Reaction score
Super minor. But it’s a brand new truck. Has anyone noticed anything in their paint like this? Seems like there’s something underneath it.

Overall pic is just for the hell of posting one lol

Attachments

• IMG_6544.jpeg
    IMG_6544.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_6545.jpeg
    IMG_6545.jpeg
    261.8 KB · Views: 127

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah definitely something under the paint.

familywagon

Reaction score
Thoughts on if a course of action is even worth it? I just don’t want rust or something 5 years from now and it not be covered.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We got no trick or treating kids last night.
We live up a hill. 🙁
Guess I’m eating a lot of chocolate bars! I always buy the ones I like just in case this happens. 😃
less kids than usual in many of our neighborhoods over here as well- so a lot coworkers have more left over candy than usual.
the owner of the company has asked if everybody could bring it in to be donated to our troops

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Super minor. But it’s a brand new truck. Has anyone noticed anything in their paint like this? Seems like there’s something underneath it.

Overall pic is just for the hell of posting one lol
I think CJDR is not for this I’ve had a 22 keep with paint issues similar to this on the hood that progressively got worst of the course of my ownership. My wife’s 2017 Pacifica has the same paint issue on its hood as well. The Pacifica is also losing(chipping) paint around the windshield and front fender.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yup, definitely under the paint. A lot of defects look like they are under the paint, but often just on the clear and easily buffed out, but this looks to be below the color layer.

I have one of those, but luckily is on the roof and nearly impossible to find. I would get it noted, and you have 3 years/36K to decide if you want to have it fixed.

I will tell you, I have owned many large vehicles from various makes, it's very hard to not have one of these somewhere on the body. You usually won't notice them until you wash it the first time or sometimes months or years later.

Users who are viewing this thread