5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Hit 100K on my way to work this morning and she still rides and drives like new.

Only mentionable issues were a cracked passenger side manifold and I replaced the OEM battery at the 3yr mark. Other than that, it was a trouble free journey. I wore out 3 sets of tires but am still running the OEM brake pads with lots of miles left in them.

I replaced the spark plugs and serpentine belt as part of the 100K mile tune up and new tires are on order. Michelin Defender LTX's in 305/45R22 are currently backordered till mid November.

167b01416f7a42dc41ca2e0c8b53f455.jpg

14d7b848b0caf022ef61ac89150de703.jpg

853d9368e5d0835f93db9e4f831faa1b.jpg

IMG_7595.JPG

Last edited:

Keemosabe

Reaction score
Replaced the OEM battery after 46K miles and 4 years. Easy removal and install, but the climate control and infotainment screen lost their collect minds after power restore. Overnight rest and all back to normal. Found a thread on this board indicating the overnight reboot period might be needed so I didn't freak out prematurely. All good 😁

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fitcam X model A 4k/rear finally installed. Ordered a week after release and just now had enough downtime to travel back home between work. Went with the hardwire parking mode wiring so install took a little but longer. I’m digging the quality for a almost Oem appearance couldn’t be happier.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fitcam X model A 4k/rear finally installed. Ordered a week after release and just now had enough downtime to travel back home between work. Went with the hardwire parking mode wiring so install took a little but longer. I’m digging the quality for a almost Oem appearance couldn’t be happier.
I officially put a front and rear camera combo on my Christmas list today.

I got caught in a traffic jam that was brought on by icy road conditions and watched helplessly as an 18-wheeler slid and jack-knifed its way towards me (from behind). Thankfully the driver ended up putting it into the ditch instead, saving me and a few others ahead of me for sure.

The camera wouldn't have saved me, but having such things as record can only help.....assuming I survive.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Drove my Ram up to Big White Ski Resort today.
My first view of the “white stuff” for the season.
It’s on its way! Yuck!

View attachment 169878
We got a wallop sunday into yesterday. Highways got shut down and I had to unexpectedly overnight in a neighboring city that I had gone to for a meeting.

It's gonna be a long 6-months.....

Insanity

Reaction score
His is actually KPH, but I drive that speed, in MPH, in snow, all the time. Michigan, we know how to drive in snow.

HAHAHA more like 48 MPH. I don't know where 1BRL he lives but that road Id be doing 55 without a thought. If it was a highway 65 70 all day long. I know some people do not drive in winter conditions lol.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
HAHAHA more like 48 MPH. I don't know where 1BRL he lives but that road Id be doing 55 without a thought. If it was a highway 65 70 all day long. I know some people do not drive in winter conditions lol.
Yeah, it's funny to talk to relatives in places like Tennessee, where a heavy frost shuts down their roads. The same people that wear winter coats, when it's 55 degrees, and we are wearing shorts, and a tee shirt. I saw one woman down there with ear muffs, and gloves.

Insanity

Reaction score
Yeah, it's funny to talk to relatives in places like Tennessee, where a heavy frost shuts down their roads. The same people that wear winter coats, when it's 55 degrees, and we are wearing shorts, and a tee shirt. I saw one woman down there with ear muffs, and gloves.

Then we northerners die in hot weather lol it goes both ways. I was at Ft Sill OK one year like 07 08 I dont remember but we had an ice storm just shut everything down. Post was closed, there is a lot more to that story, but I still went out and about having fun.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Then we northerners die in hot weather lol it goes both ways. I was at Ft Sill OK one year like 07 08 I dont remember but we had an ice storm just shut everything down. Post was closed, there is a lot more to that story, but I still went out and about having fun.
Yeah, it was too hot for me in Louisiana, when I just went down for the truck. I avoid the south from March, to November. I prefer warm in the summer and cold in the winter. I like snow.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
His is actually KPH, but I drive that speed, in MPH, in snow, all the time. Michigan, we know how to drive in snow.
holy **** that reminds me... it's been almost 13 years since I last drove in East Lansing, MI and I probably will have to make a trip up to Bozeman, MT from SoCal in the next couple weeks. Now I'm nervous about my driving ability when there's white powder on the road lol

hopefully it stays clear!

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As a Georgian you can keep the white devil powder and cold.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought man this fella must be late for work, then I saw the tiny kmh on the dash.
1698237215250.png

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
dam your brave ... 78mph with snow on the ground wow! :unsure:
I mean, that's normal. There's not snow on the road. No different than driving in rain at that point. I do 70mph on gravel roads, and unless the roads re completely snow covered, the speed limit+5 just like any other time of year.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
dam your brave ... 78mph with snow on the ground wow! :unsure:
We’re in 🇨🇦. Km’s per hour. LOL.
And I was doing a lot faster than that normally but I just came out of a switchback onto the straightaway. There’s tight switchbacks all the way up the mountain to the ski hill. You guys talk like it‘s a freeway! LOL

Last edited:

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know why we're discussing highest speeds in snow like its a badge of honor to be attained.:cautious:

Snow is no joke; and if it is, its not one that I find particularly funny. Once the winter hits, I make no promises to anyone where punctuality is concerned. I get there when I get there! If you can't handle that, then that's a 'you' problem.

I've been in the medical field for over 2 decades and I know all too well what can happen from one bad instance or judgement on the road. In most occasions, death ends up being the easy way out.

Y'all run your numbers and prove your manhood all you want, but when shyte goes sideways, make sure not to take anyone else with you.....whether you're going into the ditch, over a cliff, up the heavenly escalator, or free-falling in the other direction.

Users who are viewing this thread