5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

seansmd

Reaction score
I like that...had to go do some searching..

Now to find a 12 volt source. My BH does not have many plug in ports but I can probably piggy-back off of the lighter plug in in the TOP dash ?
Yes, their wireless charger comes with a small cig lighter usb charger. Not sure the wattage. That would be my method if a ac plug is not available. All the RAM usb ports are under powered for modern large battery devices with fast charge.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Installed the new Vice Design Mod V2 Bumper 😍 Quinton at Vice was super cool to work with. I told him my plans to modify the side profile of the bumper slightly to make it more of a prerunner/dovetail style, and he actually sent the bumper to me with that revision already done on it! Then I said I wanted to mount Baja Designs S2s and within a couple days he designed and fabbed up a bracket to hold the lights! Obviously I had the bumper paint matched and chose to paint match the parking sensor bezels and the trail pin connector cover too, and it all turned out great. Didn’t have to sand the bumper or do any body work. Just hit it with degreaser and started painting. I’m looking forward to getting more Vice Design products in the future because the quality and customer service can’t be beat. _MG_6922.jpeg

Attachments

• _MG_6911.jpeg
    _MG_6911.jpeg
    135.7 KB · Views: 99
  • _MG_6910.jpeg
    _MG_6910.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 96
  • _MG_6914.jpeg
    _MG_6914.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 95
  • _MG_6898.jpeg
    _MG_6898.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 96
  • _MG_6920.jpeg
    _MG_6920.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 95

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the new Vice Design Mod V2 Bumper 😍 Quinton at Vice was super cool to work with. I told him my plans to modify the side profile of the bumper slightly to make it more of a prerunner/dovetail style, and he actually sent the bumper to me with that revision already done on it! Then I said I wanted to mount Baja Designs S2s and within a couple days he designed and fabbed up a bracket to hold the lights! Obviously I had the bumper paint matched and chose to paint match the parking sensor bezels and the trail pin connector cover too, and it all turned out great. Didn’t have to sand the bumper or do any body work. Just hit it with degreaser and started painting. I’m looking forward to getting more Vice Design products in the future because the quality and customer service can’t be beat. View attachment 169588
Looks amazing as alway!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the new Vice Design Mod V2 Bumper 😍 Quinton at Vice was super cool to work with. I told him my plans to modify the side profile of the bumper slightly to make it more of a prerunner/dovetail style, and he actually sent the bumper to me with that revision already done on it! Then I said I wanted to mount Baja Designs S2s and within a couple days he designed and fabbed up a bracket to hold the lights! Obviously I had the bumper paint matched and chose to paint match the parking sensor bezels and the trail pin connector cover too, and it all turned out great. Didn’t have to sand the bumper or do any body work. Just hit it with degreaser and started painting. I’m looking forward to getting more Vice Design products in the future because the quality and customer service can’t be beat. View attachment 169588
lookin' good!

no wonder your bumper looked different than i remembered lol

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haha yep finally got rid of the stock one! It’s crazy to me how light and flimsy the stock bumper is lol you can lift it with a couple fingers
oh yeah i know lol mine's crooked/ "leaning" from tapping the ground when coming down a steep hill when I didn't even have 5k miles on it lol

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got a few things done on the truck this week...
-purchased a used Factory amplifier with ANC off of ebay for 130. Brand new runs from 480 up, if in stock.
My diagnosis was correct. Plugged it in and the rest of the speaker system returned. Pictured is the fried amplifier just before i shucked it.

20231018_122516.jpg
-Felt good about that, so gave it a bath.
Been using Nanoskin products for years, recently saw this new Graphene spray at my retailer and had to try it. Using their Autoscrub chemicals and pads, it's a pretty effortless detailing line. Easy on easy off stuff. Apply the NanoShock using their "clay" pad to clean and level, then spray on the Graphene and wipe off. Am liking the results so far. Big fan of the product line, nuff said.
20231020_113814.jpg

-After finishing the detail, decided to finally install a set of Laramie fender flares I purchased off of ebay almost 2 years ago. I did install them back then, but I was running my stock 18's and they looked RIDCULOUS with the tiny wheels.
Install was a bit time consuming, and was spread across a couple of days. First, I needed to install them. Then I taped off the outter edge on the fender around the flare and removed them. Using 1/8 inch wide door edge guard clear protective tape, i followed the inside edge of the tape to protect the panel from the flare's edge.
20231017_173526.jpg 20231018_125819.jpg
After reinstalling, alot of time was spent getting them aligned nicely. I also had a set of Amazon knock off mud flaps made for flares that fit very nicely. The front needed trimming to prevent rubbing, but am really glad I got them.
They look much better with the 22's and wider tires. Am super happy how it came out.
20231019_130032.jpg
20231019_130011.jpg
20231019_125956.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
-purchased a used Factory amplifier with ANC off of ebay for 130. Brand new runs from 480 up, if in stock.
My diagnosis was correct. Plugged it in and the rest of the speaker system returned. Pictured is the fried amplifier just before i shucked it.

View attachment 169633
Been using Nanoskin products for years, recently saw this new Graphene spray at my retailer and had to try it. Using their Autoscrub chemicals and pads, it's a pretty effortless detailing line. Easy on easy off stuff. Apply the NanoShock using their "clay" pad to clean and level, then spray on the Graphene and wipe off. Am liking the results so far. Big fan of the product line, nuff said.
View attachment 169635

-After finishing the detail, decided to finally install a set of Laramie fender flares I purchased off of ebay almost 2 years ago. I did install them back then, but I was running my stock 18's and they looked RIDCULOUS with the tiny wheels.
Install was a bit time consuming, and was spread across a couple of days. First, I needed to install them. Then I taped off the outter edge on the fender around the flare and removed them. Using 1/8 inch wide door edge guard clear protective tape, i followed the inside edge of the tape to protect the panel from the flare's edge.
View attachment 169639 View attachment 169640
After reinstalling, alot of time was spent getting them aligned nicely. I also had a set of Amazon knock off mud flaps made for flares that fit very nicely. The front needed trimming to prevent rubbing, but am really glad I got them.
They look much better with the 22's and wider tires. Am super happy how it came out.
View attachment 169643
View attachment 169641
View attachment 169642
Probably should have done the flare before the graphene coating. Might prevent the paint protection and flares from adhering properly

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This weekend’s project is to figure out how to remove the tailgate handle LED from the MFT and check the wiring/light, cuz mine is doing this currently:

It could be a wire, but more likely, the LED itself. I've had home LED bulbs do that before quitting. It's not common, but they do fail, even with low hours. Used to work for a city, and we converted probably 2,000 bulbs, or more. Had a couple dozen defects.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably should have done the flare before the graphene coating. Might prevent the paint protection and flares from adhering properly
Funny you say that because that "ah-ha" moment did come across...in my defense I started the work like 6pm, but was cleaning truck from like 9am that morning.
I used isopropyl alcohol on the panel just before I laid down the tape, so the whole area beneath the painters tape was wiped down. Did verify that it stuck, but I hear you, bro. 👍

Ccroce

Reaction score
Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3 in 275/60r20 - really can’t tell if I like the looks of these but leaning towards I hate them. Couldn’t stand the Load D range KO2s I bought last year. Wanted something with more road manners and better fuel economy. Haven’t seen these on a truck before and wanted to share. Design is too busy for these wheels IMO. Before hardos hate on me, they were out of the LTX Defenders…

Attachments

• IMG_1236.jpeg
    IMG_1236.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1237.jpeg
    IMG_1237.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 71950840369__DCB71737-0D21-462F-ACF8-80A59DD2F662.jpeg
    71950840369__DCB71737-0D21-462F-ACF8-80A59DD2F662.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1235.jpeg
    IMG_1235.jpeg
    247.3 KB · Views: 117

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

View attachment 169633
View attachment 169635

View attachment 169639 View attachment 169640
View attachment 169643
View attachment 169641
View attachment 169642

That looks so much better with the flares. It's a shame that Ram deleted them from the Laramie.

Users who are viewing this thread