5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
RE: Wireless charging

My first experience with wireless charging was maybe 8+ years ago when it first came out. It killed the battery on my phone in less than a year because of the heat it generates on the phone. This was when phone manufacturers started sealing the phones and you can't buy and replace batteries. I haven't used wireless charging since then, even if my phone has it. I don't know how far the tech has advanced since then.
I use wireless charging on my Pixel 6 very night, and was using it on my Pixel 4 before that. with the newer Android OS, they have adaptive charging when charging overnight. So it charges at a reduced wattage with the goal of having battery topped off about 1 hour before the set alarm, or whatever you have set as your bedtime schedule. Mine starts at 10:30pm, so anytime the phone is placed on charger after 10:30, the adaptive charging starts. I don't have an alarm set for weekends so my bedtime schedule ends at 7am.

Can't speak for IOS

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Got it back from the dealer with newly, remounted exhaust manifolds...both sides! Two bolts sheared in the block on each side resulting in the dreaded Hemi Tick 😡. Asked if they changed the design and was told they did not...more than likely will happen again 🤬.
Actually, somebody posted on the manifold thread, that they did change the design slightly, right where they crack. He posted pictures.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Got it back from the dealer with newly, remounted exhaust manifolds...both sides! Two bolts sheared in the block on each side resulting in the dreaded Hemi Tick 😡. Asked if they changed the design and was told they did not...more than likely will happen again 🤬.

The exhaust leak isn't the Hemi tick.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh damn I saw that!!
07603c5c9f99c6d3da34a915bf0a0dcb.jpg

This poor lady laid there for over an hour with her leg broke in half till an ambulance got up there.

And this was the other crash. At the end of my vid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was a sweet video. I felt like I was leaning into those corners myself.

Made me miss my riding days a little bit....:-(

6of36

Reaction score
But many sure do mistake it for the Hemi tick.
I always considered the lifter tick as Hemi tick, but dozens on here call the manifold tick Hemi tick. Every Hemi I ever had, had the lifter tick. I haven't had one with the manifolds.

Bobbybob

Reaction score
Actually, somebody posted on the manifold thread, that they did change the design slightly, right where they crack. He posted pictures.
That's good to hear...according to the service guy, it's still the same. Mine didn't crack though, they sheared the bolt heads off and left the bolts stuck in the block. Happens due to the expansion and contraction of the manifolds (heating and cooling). But...hope the design has changed cause I do not want to mess with it again in 40K miles.

Silver lining though is that they covered it under warranty!

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's good to hear...according to the service guy, it's still the same. Mine didn't crack though, they sheared the bolt heads off and left the bolts stuck in the block. Happens due to the expansion and contraction of the manifolds (heating and cooling). But...hope the design has changed cause I do not want to mess with it again in 40K miles.

Silver lining though is that they covered it under warranty!
I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time), but I think the only change was a steel bar between the bolt heads and manifold.

I have a feeling I'll be looking into shorties once I'm out of warranty.

6of36

Reaction score
I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time), but I think the only change was a steel bar between the bolt heads and manifold.

Read post #11, 5.7 engine, aftermarket manifolds. He shows pics of the difference. I don't know how to post the direct link.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I'm strongly considering a set of ARH Long tubes, just for fun...

BrandonSmith

Reaction score
Read post #11, 5.7 engine, aftermarket manifolds. He shows pics of the difference. I don't know how to post the direct link.
See the post# in the top right corner? Right-click, select 'copy link', paste.

6of36

Reaction score

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Here ya go, I was going to post earlier but got tied up at work.
Subtle differences but they are in the area of the cracks so I have to assume it was an attempt to alleviate the stresses and prevent cracks.

IMG_2973.JPG IMG_2977.JPG IMG_2975.JPG

Last edited:

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ah, good to know. Didn't see when that change was made. Will dig around more later.

Users who are viewing this thread