5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I am still on my original battery and have had it for a little over 2 years. That said, I rarely use the buttons on the fob. It really just sits on my pocket without any other use.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I’m over 4 yrs on mine and I use it several time a day. Including remote starting my truck from several hundred feet away at least 5 days a week for almost 2 of those years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How long did your keyfob battery last? How many times per week do you use it, and how many years did it last?
I've had the truck since Aug of 2020. Have 35400 miles on it. Gets driven a few times per week. I have a work van I bring home so it's not my daily commuter. Take it to car shows and use the fob to start/stop/change my TazerDT light show. I had been noticing lately that I've had to be closer to the truck for it to work, but didn't think much of it with all the potential radio interference from other sources some places I have been.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm slowly losing faith in most work I have done at the shop. I currently have a wheel that was recently rebalanced by a certain national brick and mortar tire shop and they couldn't even put my wheel center caps on correctly. There are alignment pins to ensure the caps clear the lug nuts and even WITH those they still just jammed the cap on the wrong way. If I can do the service myself, I do.

I also love working on my truck….
you just gotta find a shop that has OCD employees.

I align the center caps to valve stem one way because i'm OCD that way. Also because that's how I know I did the balancing and mounting.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was busy working on my new truck saturday.

Front white RAM decals.
Front lower grill with air holes so I can get a behind the grill light bar. (soon)
Blue & white hood decals.
Blue trim decals.
White RAM light decals.
Removed the RAM emblems from both doors and the cheesy Limited emblem from the tailgate.
I wish they made the Limited emblems like the Bighorn & Laramie.
Diode Dynamics hitch light.
SkeerdyCat Catalytic Converter Anti-Theft Skid Plate.
Ram mud flaps.
Good Year window vents.
looks good! if i can make a suggestion go with a double row light bar vs single row (i wish i did). I used the shifts and grins 30" light bar bracket and there is enough space to get a double row in there. another reason for suggesting the double row is due to the grill blocking some of the light output.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We're opening a new Panera cafe in Pensacola so I've been doing some serious hwy miles all week from Destin to Pensacola. Lots of WOT driving and she runs and sounds great! I couldn't be happier. I think I even impressed a mustang when I chased him up an on ramp...I think they forget "that thing got a Hemi."

2020GCM

Reaction score
Yesterday I did the "horn mod" where you move the drivers side horn up a couple inches on its bracket by drilling a new mounting hole in the horn bracket so the wiring/connector is hidden by the upper horizontal rad support thus not accessible to see/cut through the grill.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yesterday I did the "horn mod" where you move the drivers side horn up a couple inches on its bracket by drilling a new mounting hole in the horn bracket so the wiring/connector is hidden by the upper horizontal rad support thus not accessible to see/cut through the grill.
I’m a visual learner I need pictures to understand……

JoyBoy

Reaction score
I was looking but not actively pursuing a purchase until I ran across this truck. It’s a 2022 (but new) so the dealership offered a price I couldn’t walk away from. And it has a lot of options on it for a Bighorn and still has 2,921 pounds of payload capacity
how much 😄

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday evening, after fixing my key fob, dropped the truck off at bumper shop for new rear bumper. Once again, my truck is the R&D truck for the shop for the 5tj gen rear bumpers. He has a customer coming next week and needed a truck right away for mock up. The first truck he had lined up backed out last minute.

jaydeebee24

Reaction score
Had a Corsa Pro Series Muffler (PN CP3000S) and B2 Fabrication Exhaust Tips installed. Also had the shop remove the two rear resonators. Really happy with the result. I'm not getting any drone at any RPM, quiets down at highway speeds, and opens up nicely when I get on it. I had thefull Corsa catback on my last 5th gen, and I'm honestly getting a very very similar experience with this set up at half the cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online