5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

CogitoErgoLevo

Reaction score
Installed the updated third brake light with Lastfit LED bulbs, no errors as of yet. The cargo light is actually useful now and matches the OEM bed lighting. Was going to get LED tail light housings but may just go the Lastfit route
View attachment 167925
I got 4 burnt lasfit led bulbs in less than a year for the brake light part of chmsl. Gave up and put back oem halogen bulb and no more problem.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Installed the updated third brake light with Lastfit LED bulbs, no errors as of yet. The cargo light is actually useful now and matches the OEM bed lighting. Was going to get LED tail light housings but may just go the Lastfit route
View attachment 167925

I installed Lasfit bulbs in my Laramie 2 years ago and they are still going strong with no codes.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I replaced all 3 dash speakers today with JL AUDIO C2 speakers . Incredible difference. Ready to replace front doors with Kicker KS .

What base sound system did your truck come with?
And, are you adding any amp/equalizer?

90Addict

Reaction score
Can we get some pics from the side... these look like they pull up and cover the rocker panels not, the older versions didnt.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_7019.jpeg
    IMG_7019.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_7020.jpeg
    IMG_7020.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_7021.jpeg
    IMG_7021.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_7022.jpeg
    IMG_7022.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 106

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the Pacbrake oil filter relo kit on my Rebel. In conjunction with my Fumoto valve, this should make for cleaner oil changes moving forward.

I‘d love to do this, but I fear that it would give FCA a reason to void my engine warranty if something went wrong in the engine. It would give them an easy way out when it came to any warranty repairs to the engine.

ocwill1

Reaction score
Installed the Pacbrake oil filter relo kit on my Rebel. In conjunction with my Fumoto valve, this should make for cleaner oil changes moving forward.

how much more oil do you need to put in?? is 7 enough, or should you add a bit to compensate for the hoses. I plan to do the same after the first free one at the dealer...

Scram1500

Reaction score
I got 4 burnt lasfit led bulbs in less than a year for the brake light part of chmsl. Gave up and put back oem halogen bulb and no more problem.
That's some lousy luck. I was on my 4th halogen brake light bulb in my original chmsl when I decided to get the new housing with Lasfits.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used a filter relocator and Fumoto on a new F150 years ago. I find all my older vehicles are easy and not worth the trouble. Newer stuff I now just take to the dealer. Most around here charge about what it costs me to buy the filter and oil. Why get dirty and have to dispose of the oil for the same cost? It's the only non warranty work I trust to anyone though.
I thought the same thing so I took my wife's lease to the dealership for an oil change last year, also since they were free and included in the lease agreement. The next time it needed changed I didn't have the time to take it, so I did it myself. I spun the drain plug out with my fingers. It was never tightened by the shop the last time. I no longer let any shop change my oil.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
6.2 Hemi is a good engine, but I'll bet he won't feel the pep like his 1500. I went from a 5.2 Magnum engine in a Dakota to a 5.9 Magnum (360) in a 2500, I lost all the pep from the lighter platform of the Dakota.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
6.2 Hemi is a good engine, but I'll bet he won't feel the pep like his 1500. I went from a 5.2 Magnum engine in a Dakota to a 5.9 Magnum (360) in a 2500, I lost all the pep from the lighter platform of the Dakota.

6.4L.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought the same thing so I took my wife's lease to the dealership for an oil change last year, also since they were free and included in the lease agreement. The next time it needed changed I didn't have the time to take it, so I did it myself. I spun the drain plug out with my fingers. It was never tightened by the shop the last time. I no longer let any shop change my oil.
I'm slowly losing faith in most work I have done at the shop. I currently have a wheel that was recently rebalanced by a certain national brick and mortar tire shop and they couldn't even put my wheel center caps on correctly. There are alignment pins to ensure the caps clear the lug nuts and even WITH those they still just jammed the cap on the wrong way. If I can do the service myself, I do.

I also love working on my truck….

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread