5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Threw the rack back in the bed as we are approaching hunting/camping season down here. Also threw on a Yakima Frontloader bike rack that I picked up last weekend. Works great, but I need to measure so I know the height.

View attachment 167708
View attachment 167707
I've been tempted to get a bike rack like that for when I'm pulling the camper, but just seems so tall.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been tempted to get a bike rack like that for when I'm pulling the camper, but just seems so tall.

Love mine

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Love mine
I've been considering this too. Just not a fan of bike hangers.

As for the truck comment... I have one... 😄 and it's full of other stuff we "need".

The stinky slinky holder on the bumper is a far cry from a bumper, and I don't trust it for a bike rack.

We usually just stack bikes on beds in the camper.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Picked up truck from service yesterday.
2 new manifolds and front axle disconnect actuator assembly. Seems there was oil coming out of the connector. Day and a half, in and out. Gotta love warranty work...zero charge.
4x4 works now and truck doesnt sound like a weezing pile of 💩...👍
20230921_105042.jpg

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not really to my Ram but to pictures of my Ram.

Had a guy who follows me on IG came by the shop the other day and was asking about building his truck, so I pulled up my IG.
"HEY I'VE BEEN FOLLOWING YOU ON IG!" was what he said when I showed him the most recent picture I posted.

Dude straight up said "I want the exact thing you have less the bed rack and lights. Not ready for those yet but I will some day in the future"
ok no need to ask any more question to tailor to his needs. He said he read through my informational blogs of wheels, tires, and suspension on my site and those answered all of his questions as this is his first time building his a truck.

Went home and whipped this out. This is the first of the series of graphical representation of what goes where.
I will be doing one for wheels + tires, one for suspension, one for electrical, one for mounting, one for Decked Drawer contents, one for armor and one for other misc. items.

Exterior Build.jpg
Just for laughs and giggles my friend asked me to make one with the MSRP breakdown.
Exterior Build - $$.jpg

EEnginerd

Reaction score
It's a Yakima Outpost HD. I don't put a rooftop tent on it, I have a Kodiak Canvas ground tent. But I have a basket, have some traction boards that I'll mount on it and I take a mountain bike hunting. I have Decked drawers so the rack almost acts like a cage and gives me some more tie off points for gear. I have future plans for an awning. Just to clarify, I have been having my bedcover on for the last 3 or 4 months.

View attachment 167712 View attachment 167714
View attachment 167715

So last year I did it with a Pakmule hitch carrier. Not bad, but with the Decked drawers it can limit how close I can get to the drawers. So that's one reason I went to the in-bed rack.

View attachment 167716
View attachment 167717
So you use the basket vs the rack on the hitch? Just curious where you put the deer in your Outpost setup. Do you put them on top of the Decked drawers?

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
So you use the basket vs the rack on the hitch? Just curious where you put the deer in your Outpost setup. Do you put them on top of the Decked drawers?
Last year was my first year with the Decked drawers and, well, I missed the only deer I took a shot on, a nice 8 or 9 point. But usually I quarter or debone them right where they lay and pack out. So by the time I get to my truck they go straight to the ice chest. But I have killed a couple that I could almost drive to, and in that case I would just put them on top of the Decked boxes no issue.

Really it would probably just be hanging out on the tailgate as I usually have only a short drive back to where I'm camping. But over the years I've gotten where I don't like cleaning them near where I camp for obvious reasons.

The basket on top of the rack is mostly for lighter weight items like an empty ice chest, hunting bins, maybe traction boards, a weedeater that I always bring to clear the campsite etc. The Pakmule hitch basket can hold a LOT of weight. In that pic that 152 qt cooler was loaded with ice and groceries, and the gas can and propane bottle were full.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am concerdring maybe doing it sooner than later. It all depends on my motovation.
I should have done it at first oil change ha. I know people have luck with the bag method, but I never have. A remote location and a fumoto valve would make it a breeze. My wife has a cherokee with the upside down filter cartridge on top of the engine and that just makes sense. I wish all engines were that way ha.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I should have done it at first oil change ha. I know people have luck with the bag method, but I never have. A remote location and a fumoto valve would make it a breeze. My wife has a cherokee with the upside down filter cartridge on top of the engine and that just makes sense. I wish all engines were that way ha.
My Malibu has the filter cartridge on top. Love it!

Users who are viewing this thread