5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing actually done to the truck today, but the shop that made my front bumper called.mw today asking to use my truck to create a rear bumper as they have a customer that requested one, and the first truck they had lined up fell through. I've thought about getting one from them before, but hadn't pulled trigger yet as I was saving money to get my Dakota back running. Recently sold one of the kid's school cars for $1500 more than I paid for it two years ago. getting a decent discount on it, the same as front bumper, for being the r&d truck. Front bumper for reference. PXL_20230806_191253970.jpg

Stryker6040

Reaction score
Installed remote start from 12 Volt Solutions. Piece of cake and address one of the few things I missed when I bought the Bighorn!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How has this worked out over time? Any issues? just got a 2023 and of course its missing the factory remote start. Its a work truck so want something simple and easy.

TSL

Reaction score
I finally had the opportunity to detail Skittle, man it was so full of bugs and dust:cry:

After 3 years of hauling, 3 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats and 2 ducks, and several camping trips, I think she looks pretty damn good!
--- that's quite the menagerie you've been hauling around :)
My wife's Highlander is the main car our kids get hauled around in..... hoooh boy, that poor car !
Went camping with my daughter (14 ) this past summer. One campground had a bothersome mosquito population, so she spent a good bit of time sitting in the passenger seat reading a book. "Can you not put your feet up on the dash like that", said I, like about 3 times. "But it's more comfortable that way" she says. "Fine, then you get to clean the truck when we get home". We had a good time though and at the end of the day it's only dust and it's only a thing and we got to spend some quality time together.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I finally had the opportunity to detail Skittle, man it was so full of bugs and dust:cry:

After 3 years of hauling, 3 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats and 2 ducks, and several camping trips, I think she looks pretty damn good!
View attachment 167668

View attachment 167669
I was sympathetic until you said "ducks". Ain't now way I'm letting those producers of projectile excrement into my truck.

If they need to get somewhere, they do like their cousins and fly!!!

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was sympathetic until you said "ducks". Ain't now way I'm letting those producers of projectile excrement into my truck.

If they need to get somewhere, they do like their cousins and fly!!!
Completely understand, those Ducks are going to be the death of me, nasty little things. That said, its hard for me to say "no' to my animal loving daughter.... :ROFLMAO:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Haha first time I used the zip lock trick. Everything went smoothly. Last few times. I still make a mess.
Same, did it once with decent results. Second time, not so much. Using the larger SRT filters doesn't help.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
Threw the rack back in the bed as we are approaching hunting/camping season down here. Also threw on a Yakima Frontloader bike rack that I picked up last weekend. Works great, but I need to measure so I know the height.

20230920_183159.jpg
20230920_194335.jpg

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
It's a Yakima Outpost HD. I don't put a rooftop tent on it, I have a Kodiak Canvas ground tent. But I have a basket, have some traction boards that I'll mount on it and I take a mountain bike hunting. I have Decked drawers so the rack almost acts like a cage and gives me some more tie off points for gear. I have future plans for an awning. Just to clarify, I have been having my bedcover on for the last 3 or 4 months.

Yak.PNG 20230611_103146 (1).jpg
20230611_102238 (1).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread