5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I whish I could say I did this to my Ram today but my neighbor who talked me into this (Didn't take a whole lot of talking) installed my cat back Borla Atak system in 43 minutes! No lift just a jack.
He's done a hand full of Chevys but this was his first Ram.
I wanted to help more but being 64 yrs old I figured best thing I could do was stay out of the way! 🤣
i'll post a video soon.
That's about the right amount of time. Did he cut your stock exhaust, or get it out without cutting. If you cut the stock exhaust removing it, then it's easy to do in just over 1/2 hour

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, it's not what I did to my Ram today, but over the last 2 weeks.

Added black Gorilla lug nuts, ES Engineering stake pocket covers, AJT billet radio knobs, Luxe taillight tint, tinted the front windows, and installed Mopar Power Running Boards. Realigned the exhaust tips and gave her a coat of Griot's 3-1 ceramic wax.

With AlfaOBD added the power running boards to UConnect, enabled the tailgate ajar warning in the splash screen, and amber DRL's.

I think that's all I'm going to do. I don't need bigger tires or more power and I love the black beadlock wheels.

View attachment 166765 View attachment 166766 View attachment 166767 View attachment 166768 View attachment 166769 View attachment 166770 View attachment 166771
damn that color looks really good

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
not today but over Labor Day weekend:
Brought my friends on a 1000 miles camping trip to Edge of the World in Flagstaff, AZ. Trip average MPG was 16.7, while the lowest it got was 13MPG as we recovered one of the Jeeps that went off trail due to driver error. More on that later.
1694068676960.png
Got there hours after it went dark because we had to brave the monsoon, took too many fuel stops (the Toyotas and the Jeep could only go under 300 miles per tank) and bathroom stops (one of my friends brought his 6 years old) and wheeled in the rain, and we were lucky to get the last campsite. On the plus side, I got to use my LP6s lol
IMG_3703.jpg
Flagstaff is beautiful even when it's pouring.
IMG_3700.jpg
But luckily for us that rain stopped right when we arrived and were starting to setup camp like I promised. I promised a clear sky for the first night, and I was doubting myself while we were on the trail as it was still pouring. We had hotpot at camp... you know, it's one of those Asian things lol we gotta have our hot soups.
IMG_3708.jpg

*part 1

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Part 2:
The next morning, we woke up to some beautiful view (I stole my friend's picture for this one because I was busy packing up)
1694069305877.png
Took some time to appreciate our campsite
IMG_3731.jpg
Hiked up the trail to an overlook higher in elevation.
IMG_3763.jpg
Got back in our trucks and drove back down the trail. Passed by some grazing grasslands and cows. For some reason unknown to men we were very excited to see cows.
IMG_3831.jpg
IMG_3817.jpg
Stopped a few times to soak in the view. Something about grassland and pine trees really put me in my happy place.
IMG_3835.jpg
The Rebel and the 100 Series were the cleanest of the bunch. Which I don't understand because I did my best to blast through puddles and stuff but still came out cleaner while the others were trying their best to avoid puddles.
IMG_3844.jpg
We did some more exploring in the Cococino National Forest. Visited the Lava River Cave and enjoyed nature's AC.

Then we went back to Grand Canyon South to camp by the Colorado River.
The exact spot I was at for Memorial Day weekend.
IMG_3906.jpg
IMG_3963.jpg IMG_3971-Pano.jpg

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Part 3:
As we were coming out from the campsite, one of the Jeeps made a driver mistake and went off trail. Axle hit a boulder as he was going off, and the driver front wheel broke as well.
The axle was dislocated, but still drivable. We swapped to his spare (luckily he had matching 37 spare) and drove it back up the trail for 15 miles with the axle held together by chains and ratcheting strap.
200 yards after hitting pavement the axle gave in and made the Jeep undrivable. Lucky.
thumbnail_IMG_4781.jpg
It was until 12 hours later that we were able to find a tow truck who's willing to cross state line to deliver the Jeep back to the shop I work at.
And it was until 6AM the next day that we unloaded the Jeep back to the shop.
Basically I was up for 22 hours that day and did a 6 hours drive in pitch darkness back home.

After we unloaded the Jeep and sent the tow truck back, I discovered this guy and a few of his friends lodged in my front end
thumbnail_IMG_4798.jpg

And my truck was filthy. Guess that's the cost of having too much fun.
1694070258584.png
1694070296427.png
1694070304581.png

Got the day off since my friend/ boss knows about the situation (I called him as soon as I got service after we got back to pavement to give him a heads up and sent him a picture after it got off tow truck).
Went home, took a 3 hours nap, got up and washed the truck clean. Normally I'd wait till weekend to do this but I was concerned about the dead bugs eating away my paint and attracting ants and other things, and I do have something that I need to do on the frame side soon, so I gave it a good wash and power washed the under side of the truck as well. I already work on enough dirty rigs at work, so I'm not about to do that to myself and get a dirt facial from myself. No thank you.

PSA: if you wheel your truck, make sure you wash it and wash the under side BEFORE you drop it off to be worked on. Your tech will greatly appreciate that. Or don't, if you hate your tech that much lol.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just working on a parts list. Got my bonus. Most will go toward the Plymouth, but holding out a little for the Rebel...

Front camera/AlfaOBD
Rear wheel well liners - OEM?
PPF - 3M. Looking for deals.
Timber Grove airbags
Possibly the Splash/Wham tailgate protector.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Topped off the fuel tank, detailed inside and out, got the oil changed and tires balanced and rotated yesterday at 94,053 miles.
Loading luggage now and will be hitting the road as soon as the wife gets off work for a road trip from Georgia to Vermont with the wife and In-laws.

Looking at 19 hrs driving each way and some where between 2500-3000 miles total over the next 9 days.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Part 3:
As we were coming out from the campsite, one of the Jeeps made a driver mistake and went off trail. Axle hit a boulder as he was going off, and the driver front wheel broke as well.
The axle was dislocated, but still drivable. We swapped to his spare (luckily he had matching 37 spare) and drove it back up the trail for 15 miles with the axle held together by chains and ratcheting strap.
200 yards after hitting pavement the axle gave in and made the Jeep undrivable. Lucky.
View attachment 166825

When you are on the trails, you definitely have to come up with some very creative ways to make it out of there. Years ago I was wheeling in my Jeep on some steep and very technical terrain with a lot of large rocks. I had to back up a little to correct my line and my driver‘s side tire slid off of a large boulder. When it landed, the front lower control arm separated causing the front axle to swivel and move forward, which in turn, made the front drive shaft to detach from the axle. I was in a precarious situation. First, we had to connect the winch line to a tree to keep the Jeep in place. Then we had to wedge a hi-lift jack into one of the openings on my rock rail (located under the driver’s door) and connect a tow strap to the jack and front axle. Then we had to jack the Jeep up enough so one person could lay under the Jeep and line up the axle and the control arm at the same time as we used the hi-lift and tow strap to pull the axle back into place. I made it the rest of the way up the hill and back to the trailer with the front axle being held on by the jack and tow strap. It worked great. Looked funny though with a hi-lift jack wedged into the rock rail and a strap running under the body. Ran into town and had the control arm welded back together and got to finish my weekend of rock crawling. You do what you gotta do.

Last edited:

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's about the right amount of time. Did he cut your stock exhaust, or get it out without cutting. If you cut the stock exhaust removing it, then it's easy to do in just over 1/2 hour
Removed it whole. The job would have taken me a day and a half.

seansmd

Reaction score
Part 3:
View attachment 166825
It was until 12 hours later that we were able to find a tow truck who's willing to cross state line to deliver the Jeep back to the shop I work at.
And it was until 6AM the next day that we unloaded the Jeep back to the shop.
Basically I was up for 22 hours that day and did a 6 hours drive in pitch darkness back home.

After we unloaded the Jeep and sent the tow truck back, I discovered this guy and a few of his friends lodged in my front end
View attachment 166826

And my truck was filthy. Guess that's the cost of having too much fun.
View attachment 166827
View attachment 166828
View attachment 166829

Got the day off since my friend/ boss knows about the situation (I called him as soon as I got service after we got back to pavement to give him a heads up and sent him a picture after it got off tow truck).
Went home, took a 3 hours nap, got up and washed the truck clean. Normally I'd wait till weekend to do this but I was concerned about the dead bugs eating away my paint and attracting ants and other things, and I do have something that I need to do on the frame side soon, so I gave it a good wash and power washed the under side of the truck as well. I already work on enough dirty rigs at work, so I'm not about to do that to myself and get a dirt facial from myself. No thank you.

PSA: if you wheel your truck, make sure you wash it and wash the under side BEFORE you drop it off to be worked on. Your tech will greatly appreciate that. Or don't, if you hate your tech that much lol.
Think I saw you all at some point in town over the weekend, lots of great spots in Flag.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Think I saw you all at some point in town over the weekend, lots of great spots in Flag.
we never made it to flagstaff downtown. we were west of 89A the whole time. If we didn't get hit by monsoon on the way over that forced us off I-40E for a good 40 minutes we'd be able to at least refuel at downtown Flagstaff lolll

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When you are on the trails, you definitely have to come up with some very creative way to make it out of there. Years ago I was wheeling in my Jeep on some steep and very technical terrain with a lot of large rocks. I had to back up a little to correct my line and my driver‘s side tire slid off of a large boulder. When it landed, the front lower control arm separated causing the front axle to swivel and move forward, which in turn, made the front drive shaft to detach from the axle. I was in a precarious situation. First, we had to connect the winch line to a tree to keep the Jeep in place. Then we had to wedge a hi-lift jack into one of the openings on my rock rail (located under the driver’s door) and connect a tow strap to the jack and front axle. Then we had to jack the Jeep up enough so one person could lay under the Jeep and line up the axle and the control arm at the same time as we used the hi-lift and tow strap to pull the axle back into place. I made it the rest of the way up the hill and back to the trailer with the front axle being held on by the jack and tow strap. It worked great. Looked funny though with a hi-lift jack wedged into the rock rail and a strap running under the body. Ran into town and had the control arm welded back together and got to finish my weekend of rock crawling. You do what you gotta do.
yeap you gotta do what you gotta do while out there.

luckily the guys in 100-series work at a race team and does track-side service, so he's more experienced with these type of sketchy thing than I am lol
i'm more of "drag it back to trailhead even if it will cause more damage and we worry about it later" type of guy since I know that axle is done anyways and we were NOT supposed to be off trail (the consequence of being off trail is very expensive ticket and possibly banned from the reservation)

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just working on a parts list. Got my bonus. Most will go toward the Plymouth, but holding out a little for the Rebel...

Front camera/AlfaOBD
Rear wheel well liners - OEM?
PPF - 3M. Looking for deals.
Timber Grove airbags
Possibly the Splash/Wham tailgate protector.
i'm trying to find front cam with resolution that I like but so far it's all analog input which is meh... trying to find a way to use digital input for clear, crisp images...

for rear wheel well liners if you're just trying to make it look good you can always use a can of black paint or something and spray over the exposed parts to both "color match" and protect against rock chips and stuff. one can of rustoleum black paint will be ample to do both sides with thick coats. works really well for me consider the amounts of gravels and small rocks and fling up lol
(of course, if you really want to do the liners then forget what i said lol)

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i'm trying to find front cam with resolution that I like but so far it's all analog input which is meh... trying to find a way to use digital input for clear, crisp images...

for rear wheel well liners if you're just trying to make it look good you can always use a can of black paint or something and spray over the exposed parts to both "color match" and protect against rock chips and stuff. one can of rustoleum black paint will be ample to do both sides with thick coats. works really well for me consider the amounts of gravels and small rocks and fling up lol
(of course, if you really want to do the liners then forget what i said lol)
I'm definitely interested in anything you find for camera. I haven't even started looking.

I was planning to just do bedliner in the rear, and I still haven't fully talked myself out of it, but my Husky mud guards have a bolt/clip hole for liners. Guess I've been this long without...

Insanity

Reaction score

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Have you looked in here?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have you looked in here?

I think he's looking for one to add for the front full as part of surround view

seansmd

Reaction score
we never made it to flagstaff downtown. we were west of 89A the whole time. If we didn't get hit by monsoon on the way over that forced us off I-40E for a good 40 minutes we'd be able to at least refuel at downtown Flagstaff lolll
We were out by Rogers lake and Griffen Spring, for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread