5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had some help in the garage this evening trying to find a front end rattle.
3adecdefab6a9485c61d4b343ef2d739.jpg

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I took a little trip to the next town over and grabbed a Leer 100XQ for another killer deal, paint matched as well.

I also de-badged over the weekend and installed the new tailgate emblem. I found out I'll need to replace the whole sport hood upper plastic to replace the chrome emblems. Looks like I'll be shopping for overlays instead!! I'm thinking reflective black for the door handles, front RAM emblem and overlays.

I added some black flags to the lower front doors, but not sure how much I like yet. I had them on my Grand Cherokee and thinking they looked better, plus they blend in too much with the Maximum Steel Metallic.

I'll post pics once I actually get some. :cool:

Loving the Carven exhaust and the Maxtrac 2" reverse level coils. Rides great!

thebluegoat

Reaction score
I took a little trip to the next town over and grabbed a Leer 100XQ for another killer deal, paint matched as well.

I also de-badged over the weekend and installed the new tailgate emblem. I found out I'll need to replace the whole sport hood upper plastic to replace the chrome emblems. Looks like I'll be shopping for overlays instead!! I'm thinking reflective black for the door handles, front RAM emblem and overlays.

I added some black flags to the lower front doors, but not sure how much I like yet. I had them on my Grand Cherokee and thinking they looked better, plus they blend in too much with the Maximum Steel Metallic.

I'll post pics once I actually get some. :cool:

Loving the Carven exhaust and the Maxtrac 2" reverse level coils. Rides great!
That would be a pretty nice find with the topper. You used to be able to find deals on them around here but a business started that buys all of the used ones up and then sells them for next to new prices. Gave up looking for myself.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well, it's not what I did to my Ram today, but over the last 2 weeks.

Added black Gorilla lug nuts, ES Engineering stake pocket covers, AJT billet radio knobs, Luxe taillight tint, tinted the front windows, and installed Mopar Power Running Boards. Realigned the exhaust tips and gave her a coat of Griot's 3-1 ceramic wax.

With AlfaOBD added the power running boards to UConnect, enabled the tailgate ajar warning in the splash screen, and amber DRL's.

I think that's all I'm going to do. I don't need bigger tires or more power and I love the black beadlock wheels.

20230830_140144.jpg 20230828_110310.jpg 20230824_084112.jpg 20230823_112206.jpg 20230823_112126.jpg 20230823_111902.jpg 20230902_102604.jpg

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it's not what I did to my Ram today, but over the last 2 weeks.

Added black Gorilla lug nuts, ES Engineering stake pocket covers, AJT billet radio knobs, Luxe taillight tint, tinted the front windows, and installed Mopar Power Running Boards. Realigned the exhaust tips and gave her a coat of Griot's 3-1 ceramic wax.

With AlfaOBD added the power running boards to UConnect, enabled the tailgate ajar warning in the splash screen, and amber DRL's.

I think that's all I'm going to do. I don't need bigger tires or more power and I love the black beadlock wheels.

View attachment 166765 View attachment 166766 View attachment 166767 View attachment 166768 View attachment 166769 View attachment 166770 View attachment 166771
Now you need to do the wiring hack to keep your marker lights on all the time. The amber DRL's look even better with the hood scoop lights...

amber drls and markers.jpg

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Offtopic here - but details on fitting a 35 in the spare location would be massively appreciated. Don't recall any posts on it.

Hey. So I left the heat shield. And grinned 1/8inch off the hitch. Just the extra metal. My tires measures 34.65 though. Even though it a 35x 12.5 is measure 34.65 and if a true 35 I would have to remove the heat shield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll search for that on the Ram-TRX forum.
This is the best post, showing how it's done.

JRD

Reaction score
Order some revel links, daystar spacers & factory UCA's finally

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I whish I could say I did this to my Ram today but my neighbor who talked me into this (Didn't take a whole lot of talking) installed my cat back Borla Atak system in 43 minutes! No lift just a jack.
He's done a hand full of Chevys but this was his first Ram.
I wanted to help more but being 64 yrs old I figured best thing I could do was stay out of the way! 🤣
i'll post a video soon.

Users who are viewing this thread