5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

seansmd

Reaction score
But help from @Lpsouth1978 willing to drive over, but take me through it with pictures. Installed the muzzy hack, spilled a cup or 2 of antifreeze on my garage floor, but all good.

For others about to embark, even when cooled down gravity will want to let it drain from the engine, if you have the valve ready and in the closed position its easy to slide it on and minimize the spillage. Have it saged in the closed position with both clamps on the engine side, pull off the existing hose and slide on the hack quckly.

Last edited:

raygun9

Reaction score
Installed the muzzy hack, spilled a cup or 2 of antifreeze on my garage floor, but all good.

For others about to embark, even when cooled down gravity will want to let it drain from the engine, if you have the valve ready and in the closed position its easy to slide it on and minimize the spillage. Have it saged in the closed position with both clamps on the engine side, pull off the existing hose and slide on the hack quckly.
Ive wanted to do this but was curious how much of a mess it would make. I was debating just clamping the line in two spot and install the valve in between them...

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sacrificed a foot of my garden hose so my wife could keep her feet dry. The short a/c drain has been running down my firewall into the cabin. Found a soaked floor when I was doing a weekend interior clean out. Well done ram engineers. 🙄
View attachment 165614 View attachment 165615
If it's been running into the cabin off the firewall, then you have an unsealed hole in your firewall, and it's not the fault of the HVAC drain.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it's been running into the cabin off the firewall, then you have an unsealed hole in your firewall, and it's not the fault of the HVAC drain.
Well clearly it’s not ideal that the drain sticks out an inch and drains down the firewall at all, and I’m not the only one with the issue. I don’t know how the water is getting in, but I’m sure there isn’t any hole that isn’t factory, so yeah, it is kind of the fault of the ac drain.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You make awesome videos but if you’re anything like me, I’d have to edit about twelve hours out of my video to get the content down to something people would actually pay attention to long enough to watch.
Although, unedited, there would certainly be some entertainment value to it along with some new swear words that people would likely choose to adopt!

You should see what happens when I’m filming a portion of a video and my kids barge into the garage fighting with each other. It’s not good.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well clearly it’s not ideal that the drain sticks out an inch and drains down the firewall at all, and I’m not the only one with the issue. I don’t know how the water is getting in, but I’m sure there isn’t any hole that isn’t factory, so yeah, it is kind of the fault of the ac drain.
All it takes is some air turbulence, likely while driving, to push those drops into the cabin space. The hose extension or sealing around that existing stubby hose protrusion, nearly flush with the firewall, are good ideas.
Although, I would still inspect the interior for other leak points.
It wouldn't take long to saturate the interior in this heat and humidity around here.

raygun9

Reaction score
Sacrificed a foot of my garden hose so my wife could keep her feet dry. The short a/c drain has been running down my firewall into the cabin. Found a soaked floor when I was doing a weekend interior clean out. Well done ram engineers.
View attachment 165614 View attachment 165615
Did you use a male to male connector?

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
All it takes is some air turbulence, likely while driving, to push those drops into the cabin space. The hose extension or sealing around that existing stubby hose protrusion, nearly flush with the firewall, are good ideas.
Although, I would still inspect the interior for other leak points.
It wouldn't take long to saturate the interior in this heat and humidity around here.
The drain length and shape are designed to prevent air pushing it back into the HVAC box. If the interior is getting wet, it's likely coming in from somewhere else, or the drain is partially clogged, not allowing enough flow so the condensate is "overflowing" into the cabin

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The drain length and shape are designed to prevent air pushing it back into the HVAC box. If the interior is getting wet, it's likely coming in from somewhere else, or the drain is partially clogged, not allowing enough flow so the condensate is "overflowing" into the cabin
Maybe.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got around to upgrading the front speakers. So easy and definitely worth it. 👍

Update:

My mid and top end are beautifully clear and bright now, but I have lost some bass, which is forcing me to expedite the installation of a subwoofer.

My only contention is that I love (and often need) that bit of extra space under the back seats. Any ideas or suggestion for other mounting spots for a single 10" SW?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Update:

My mid and top end are beautifully clear and bright now, but I have lost some bass, which is forcing me to expedite the installation of a subwoofer.

My only contention is that I love (and often need) that bit of extra space under the back seats. Any ideas or suggestion for other mounting spots for a single 10" SW?
Try turning the EQ levels down on mid/high and use more volume.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Try turning the EQ levels down on mid/high and use more volume.
Bass = +9
Mid = -5
High = +2

Bass runs that I used to hear in familiar songs with the stock speakers are now imperceptible.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bass = +9
Mid = -5
High = +2

Bass runs that I used to hear in familiar songs with the stock speakers are now imperceptible.
I have the Alpine system in mine, and when I replaced doors with CDT audio speakers and dash with infinity reference, I had to lower all levels down and just use more volume to get my bass back. Trying to boost the bass muddied it from the stock woofer.

Users who are viewing this thread