5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think my wife just got mad at me, because you posted this...
haha i legit believe that... mine has gotten mad at me because of thing's i've done in a dream she had.... but mostly cuz i've defended it by saying "well listen, that wasn't me... but i'd really like to hang with that dude... he sounds pretty cool."

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My wife works, but never cared much about the money. It's the time I used to spend playing with cars. Now that we have kids I realize what's more important.

I lost my mom over the weekend, and immediately thought back to sitting on her couch a few years back, while she was busy in the kitchen. I told myself then to soak it all in, because it won't be long till it's all just a memory.
Sorry for your loss, man.
And you're absolutely right. My son is about to head off to college next year and it seems like just yesterday i was carrying him around in a car seat.

I used to run my 04 cummins Ram on veggie oil that i would collect and filter myself at home... was more than worth it back then because i was essentially driving it for free fuel wise... but it took extra time to visit all the spots to collect the jugs... and then i'd spent at least 1 day on the weekend (every weekend) if not both filtering the oil and and pumping it and cleaning everything up, etc... I did that til he was maybe 5, and realized... yeah i'd rather be at his learn to skates and hockey prax/games than doing that so i sold it. Fast forward to the teen years and i evidently want to spend too much time with him. 😅 😅

You gotta appreciate fam and make time for them if you want better memories than the underside of a truck. (y)

I try to apply that to device use too... cuz like, when my life flashes before my eyes... i'd really hate for a lot of that to be me looking at things on a phone.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok update on the Core 4x4 stuff. SUCCESS!!!!!!

So the mod is fully complete. They sent the correct links, and everything worked out as I had all the correct hardware by this time. Put em on, greased em up and they look great... I still feel like this was a way more time consuming mod than it is worth (to me personally) esp in light of the discussion we've just had a bout time spent. But again, very high quality parts (once they sent the right stuff.) And EXCELLENT customer service.

Proper length with bushings:
IMG_4164.JPG

Installed:
IMG_4165.JPG . IMG_4167.JPG

And i didn't even need to stack washers or use the spacer they had originally sent on the bar end (likely since the Hellwig is a little thicker than the stock bar even at the connection points.)

IMG_4166.JPG . IMG_4169.JPG IMG_4168.JPG

So to sum up:
  • Core 4x4 - great company, great quality parts, but not a very noticeable upgrade for how I use the truck... mostly aesthetic.
  • Hellwig: This is my 3rd one of these on a truck so i knew what i'd be getting. Notable difference and I'm only on the middle setting, (tho not as notable as when adding this to a leaf-spring rear suspension style truck) But I don't want it too rigid or to possibly start messing with the oversteer, so that's about as stiff as I'll go with it. (that is not meant to start a physics debate hahah just that there is a noticeable performance difference in the front end when you change this stuff on the rear end... namely a bit of an increased dive in on the opposite front corner during a sharp turn. YMMV.)

All things considered i don't "regret" it... but having done it, I can think of a few things I'd have rather done... like maybe one more of these 🤘🤘🎸:
My Guitars.jpg

Last edited:

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cabin air filter. And wash.
This one didn't have directional arrow to indicate air flow. I think it didn't matter but it made sense to me to insert it the same way as the oem. K&n logo on the outside.

Attachments

• 20230813_091356.jpg
    20230813_091356.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 20230813_094003.jpg
    20230813_094003.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 20230813_092850.jpg
    20230813_092850.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 20230813_090949.jpg
    20230813_090949.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 62

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cabin air filter. And wash.
This one didn't have directional arrow to indicate air flow. I think it didn't matter but it made sense to me to insert it the same way as the oem. K&n logo on the outside.
Thanks for the reminder.

Unclepoot

Reaction score
Ok update on the Core 4x4 stuff. SUCCESS!!!!!!

So the mod is fully complete. They sent the correct links, and everything worked out as I had all the correct hardware by this time. Put em on, greased em up and they look great... I still feel like this was a way more time consuming mod than it is worth (to me personally) esp in light of the discussion we've just had a bout time spent. But again, very high quality parts (once they sent the right stuff.) And EXCELLENT customer service.

Proper length with bushings:
View attachment 165050

Installed:
View attachment 165051 . View attachment 165053

And i didn't even need to stack washers or use the spacer they had originally sent on the bar end (likely since the Hellwig is a little thicker than the stock bar even at the connection points.)

View attachment 165052 . View attachment 165055 View attachment 165054

So to sum up:
  • Core 4x4 - great company, great quality parts, but not a very noticeable upgrade for how I use the truck... mostly aesthetic.
  • Hellwig: This is my 3rd one of these on a truck so i knew what i'd be getting. Notable difference and I'm only on the middle setting, (tho not as notable when adding this to a leaf-spring rear suspension style truck) But I don't want it too rigid or to possibly start messing with the oversteer, so that's about as stiff as I'll go with it. (that is not meant to start a physics debate hahah just that there is a noticeable performance difference in the front end when you change this stuff on the rear end... namely a bit of an increased dive in on the opposite front corner during a sharp turn. YMMV.)

All things considered i don't "regret" it... but having done it, I can think of a few things I'd have rather done... like maybe one more of these 🤘🤘🎸:
View attachment 165060
Can never have too many of those!! IMG_1622.jpeg

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yeah i'd rather be at his learn to skates and hockey prax/games
We start up here at the end of the month. I skate with and coach both my kids in their respective divisions, and it's the best time of the year for me. I truly enjoy it way more than I thought I ever would. Everything except the signup fees and equipment costs :oops: I'd probably have my truck paid off by now if it wasn't for all the money I've given Bauer and CCM. :LOL:

TittoPollito

Reaction score
We start up here at the end of the month. I skate with and coach both my kids in their respective divisions, and it's the best time of the year for me. I truly enjoy it way more than I thought I ever would. Everything except the signup fees and equipment costs :oops: I'd probably have my truck paid off by now if it wasn't for all the money I've given Bauer and CCM. :LOL:
The Bauer logo should include a face with a bandana covering it like the old Skoal logo

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
haha i legit believe that... mine has gotten mad at me because of thing's i've done in a dream she had.... but mostly cuz i've defended it by saying "well listen, that wasn't me... but i'd really like to hang with that dude... he sounds pretty cool."
Glad I am not the only that has a wife that gets mad at me for something in her dreams :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wife works, but never cared much about the money. It's the time I used to spend playing with cars. Now that we have kids I realize what's more important.

I lost my mom over the weekend, and immediately thought back to sitting on her couch a few years back, while she was busy in the kitchen. I told myself then to soak it all in, because it won't be long till it's all just a memory.
I'm so sorry for your loss! I completely understand the importance of family life and hobby life balance, it has taken me a few years to somewhat master that balance and it is still a work in progress.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Sorry for your loss.

We celebrated my Dad's 83rd birthday a week ago. He was going on and on about being almost at the "finish line". 🥺

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Made an appt at the dealer today to have this corrosion on my drivers door inspected for possible warranty coverage.

Corrosion starting at 45k miles doesn’t really give me the warm and fuzzies for long term durability…

My symptoms are spot on with those spelled out in Tsb 31-002-22

Check your doors friends…

38d39eedcb7441d1c9c370b4f221057a.jpg

78953feb0ced86b52307e58f8a1fc08f.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online