5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually had to put fuel in mine yesterday!

LOL!

I drove from Columbia, SC, to Hatteras, NC, (450 miles) Sunday a week ago for a scuba diving trip. I was there for a week, driving 15 minutes each way back and forth to the marina every day, plus a little bit of driving out to eat. I left yesterday to come home. I got about 1/3 of the way home and finally went ahead and stopped for fuel.

I put just over 700 miles on the tank. It took 29 gallons to fill, so still had 4 gallons in the tank. Could have easily and comfortably gone another 50 miles before stopping - 100 miles if I really wanted to run it down to vapors. The main thing, though, was getting well out of the Outer Banks before filling up, back to where fuel is less expensive.

It cost $103 to fill up. I love my EcoDiesel. And now that fuel prices have come back down from a year or so ago, it is making way more sense (for ME, of course) than my old Hemi.

No way I could ever drive my '19 Hemi 700 miles for $100. The best mileage I EVER got in that (hand calculated at every fill-up) was 20.0. At current prices where I was, that still would have been $120.

SO disappointing RAM has discontinued the EcoDiesel.... :(

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had my kids wash Skittle before our trip to the beach, I know it is a bit ridiculous considering it was going to get dirty, but it was so dusty I could barely see out the window.

After we got home, vacuumed all the sand & dog hair out of the carpet & seats, goodness there was a lot of both! LOL

On our way home, I found out that Skittle has a max speed of 104mph.... :oops: I was passing and then wondered where all my power went, looked down, and saw how fast I was going, oops.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nah they come with mounting brackets that use the 13mm mounting point on the inside of that plastic trim piece. They’re very solid.

Check out this video around the 1:30 mark.
Nice, I might pick up just the brackets. I'm not happy with the current mounting option I have for the lights I'm running.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
nice
not sure about $200
They were a sponsored product. Not sure i’d be willing to dish out the coin for them either, but I will say I’ve been really happy with them so far. Having the C1R pods act as a running/brake/reverse light setup is a nice touch.

I do think the brackets alone are priced well. Like said above, you could buy those and source your own lights for considerably less, but if looking for a complete plug and play kit, this is a very nice option to consider.

Users who are viewing this thread