5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

90Addict

Reaction score
IMG_8979.jpeg IMG_5107.png
Pic for attention. Please bare with me cause this isn't really the thread for this but...... I'm trying to pull the trigger on a 6in lift with these rims and tires. 37s!! I have 321 gears and I've heard of people doing it and not breaking anything. wondering if anyone can guide me to the right thread to find info. I'm pretty clumsy at finding threads on here. Thank you

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This was so easy…
But now i need led headlights…

Can I tell you?

That light strip was the ENTIRE reason for me upgrading my headlights to LED. Once I did the upgrade I started second-guessing whether I needed the strip at all.

Still haven't bought it yet. Lol

U

User_63152

I am noticing a musty sour smell in the cab lately as well.

Is this a known issue? Has it been found to be related to the leaky rear window/third brake light/fin issue?
I initially thought that was the problem (a leak somewhere). But, I am sure it’s the AC system. Mold and mildew can build up in there over time.

The smell sort of came back a bit already. I bought some BG Frigi-Fresh to try. Also will be replacing the air cabin filter with one of those charcoal infused deals. Hopefully that works.

That Frigi-Fresh ain’t cheap.

J-barcarp

54 year old teenager
Site Supporter
Reaction score

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm. I didn't get a spacer like that.
yeah weird, i'm seeing posts that make it look like these have changed a few times since 2019 so maybe this just the latest method? I'm gonna ask Core about a top/bottom orientation tho just to get their weigh-in.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
yeah weird, i'm seeing posts that make it look like these have changed a few times since 2019 so maybe this just the latest method? I'm gonna ask Core about a top/bottom orientation tho just to get their weigh-in.
I've ordered the core links twice. The first set had the same size bushing/bolt for top and bottom which meant drilling out the welded nut on the frame. The second set had the option (extra bushing sleeve) to use the factory sized bolt on the frame. Never got the spacer you have, it must be a relatively new design.
they are slightly angled. If you had the wrong end at the frame there will be 1/4 gap between the sway bar mount and the end link. If right it will be right up against it.
This happened to me when installing my links, flipped them around and they lined right up.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just installed a set of Core 4x4 rear end links i purchased a few months ago. I ordered a set for a 2 inch lift, but went with Icon 1.5 inch springs instead. My set came with the extra bushing sleeves to use the frame mount. No spacers either.
From my experience just now:
Provided bolts for top mount to frame were a tad too long. I installed the provided washers on both sides of the bushing then threaded the bolt into the frame mount.
Passenger side sat and tightened nicely. Driver side seemed just a hair longer and wouldn't tighten down. I ended up placing another washer to remedy that. Install went fairly. I swapped out the sleeves using the smaller sleeve to push out the bigger one with a mallet at the same time pushing in the new sleeve. Loaded the bushings up with grease and torqued to spec.
I guess my concern is, are they too long? And if they are, what is the adverse affects, if any? Took it for a quick drive around the neighborhood and it rides fine. Doesn't feel weird or anything.
First pic is with stock end links, all pics after are the Core end links. Does the swaybar position look okay?
20230613_195211.jpg
20230615_130232.jpg
20230615_130253.jpg 20230615_130258.jpg

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just installed a set of Core 4x4 rear end links i purchased a few months ago. I ordered a set for a 2 inch lift, but went with Icon 1.5 inch springs instead. My set came with the extra bushing sleeves to use the frame mount. No spacers either.
Provided bolts for top mount to frame were a tad too long. I installed the provided washers on both sides of the bushing then threaded the bolt into the frame mount.
Passenger side sat and tightened nicely. Driver side seemed just a hair longer and wouldn't tighten down. I ended up placing another washer to remedy that. Install went fairly. I swapped out the sleeves using the smaller sleeve to push out the bigger one with a mallet at the same time pushing in the new sleeve. Loaded the bushings up with grease and torqued to spec.
I guess my concern is, are they too long? And if they are, what is the adverse affects, if any? Took it for a quick drive around the neighborhood and it rides fine. Doesn't feel weird or anything.
First pic is with stock end links, all pics after are the Core end links. Does the swaybar position look okay?
View attachment 160937
View attachment 160938
View attachment 160939 View attachment 160940
Nope. Sits perfect. You want the sway bar level to the ground

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 160937
View attachment 160938
View attachment 160939 View attachment 160940
As long as you have enough bolt thread to catch the nut and everything is tight, then you will have no issues with the bolt length.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As long as you have enough bolt thread to catch the nut and everything is tight, then you will have no issues with the bolt length.
I had the same problem. The issue is the bolts are not fully threaded, and the shank bottoms out before clamping. Adding another washer did the trick for me. Mine also came with the spacers for the smaller shank bolts.

I don't remember the offset. So, I either got them both right first try or... 😳

U

User_63152

Well, after binge watching Adventures with Purpose on YouTube, I decided to buy a glass breaker/seat belt cutter for my truck. I hung it from the drivers “Oh Sh!t” handle by the lanyard.

It’s a RESQME emergency keychain car escape tool. Made in the USA. Hopefully I never have to use it.

IMG_5706.jpeg

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've ordered the core links twice. The first set had the same size bushing/bolt for top and bottom which meant drilling out the welded nut on the frame. The second set had the option (extra bushing sleeve) to use the factory sized bolt on the frame. Never got the spacer you have, it must be a relatively new design.

This happened to me when installing my links, flipped them around and they lined right up.
So when i ordered, i ordered the "Trail" tier kit. Everything should have had a Johnny joint in 1 end, and a rubber bushing in the other...
Turns out they must have "upgraded me for free" which, hahaha thats not really a thing in my experience :ROFLMAO:... And thats not at all to disparage them, they've been awesome with everything and the parts are VERY high quality. I just think its more likely they had this "Track" level kit in the color i wanted on-hand, and maybe not the level i ordered, so they made a decision, cuz they seemed as surprised as i was haha. But i'm speculating, either way the sleeve they sent me is for the rubber bushing end of their "Trail" tier i originally ordered. And apparently they don't make a 10mm ball center for the Johnny Joints, the closest is the 12mm that these come with.

Anyway, they offered to swap em out for me with the ones that have the bushing in one end so i can use the sleeve, 10mm bolt, and the welded nut since i'm not a fan of the idear of knocking/cutting the welded nut off the frame and using the 12mm hardware... I dont really have the right tools for that so when i'm finished it'll look more like i hired a rabid coyote to chew it off. :ROFLMAO:🤪

So i think i'm gonna go with the swap-a-roo.

Last edited:

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, after binge watching Adventures with Purpose on YouTube, I decided to buy a glass breaker/seat belt cutter for my truck. I hung it from the drivers “Oh Sh!t” handle by the lanyard.

It’s a RESQME emergency keychain car escape tool. Made in the USA. Hopefully I never have to use it.

View attachment 160994
awesome little gadget... i have 2 and eryone in my fam got one a bunch of xmas's back hahaha mine is of course, orange... shocking no one on here. :ROFLMAO:

just so you know tho... if you DO ever have to use it... it works as advertised.

1686967678219.jpeg

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
awesome little gadget... i have 2 and eryone in my fam got one a bunch of xmas's back hahaha mine is of course, orange... shocking no one on here. :ROFLMAO:

just so you know tho... if you DO ever have to use it... it works as advertised.

View attachment 160995
Nice and compact. Guess i didn't see that kind. This is what i got for my vehicles a while back

Users who are viewing this thread