5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

TxRN

Reaction score
Nothing really merit worthy but just got the truck in May (30). All I did was a 80% ceramic windshield tint with 5% brow about 1inch below the AS-1 line.

Magnaflow 14inch muffler and welded the weep holes. Plans are to Tune it by Jay Greene with other suspension mods.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Put in my old RAM Mounts tablet holder and not satisfied with it. Going 67 Design route instead.
1686688506843.png

For reasons why I'm not satisfied, please refer to my build thread in which I answered the questions of:
-Why did I go this route
-What problem did I see
-What can be done to address the problem

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Tunning typing the unlock codes right now with a custom tune.

Overall 24WHP gain only from a full bolts on, truck is at 352WHP.
What is "full bolt ons"? As in, what all have you done?

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice!

Pics of the project please?

Yesterday after we did the emergency road-side stop with relocation of the 4yr old, he started sharing his aspirations from future.

Apparently:
- he's gonna get a truck like dad😎
- he's gonna put pictures of Sonic the Hedgehog and mickey mouse on it🫨
- he's gonna put rocket boosters on his truck to make sure he can keep up with me 🤭
- his truck will be able to transform😂
- he's also gonna get a camping trailer to attach to his truck.

So it seems we're gonna have a heck of a father-son project on our hands in the next few years.

Man I love the innocence of kids.... 🥰
Sorry this took so long, I have been so distracted with life and the fact I have been to the dealer 3 times and now scheduled for a 4th time....

Anyhow, here are some pics of the project and yes it is Red, I feel as though the color Red has chosen me for some reason as every vehicle we seem to get is Red :ROFLMAO:

74 Dodge 1.jpg
74 Dodge 3.jpg
74 Dodge 4.jpg

Needs some love for sure, but it does have a lot going for it.

74' Dodge W100, short bed, Club Cab, w/ Adventure package, A/C, PS, PB, SB V8, Auto and divorced transfer case and it's the NP 205, looks extremely overbuilt for a 1/2 ton truck.

Currently has an early 440 w/ headers and side pipes, so I expect this to make some noise:ROFLMAO:

The immediate plan is to get running and driveable so that way I can have it at my house, over the next few years it will get cleaned up and made to be road worthy.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The new window is installed and the seats are installed, did some cleanup and fixed some potential rattles, and also got it cleaned up nicely. Ram Seat.jpg

The new window looks the same as the old one, so I won't hold my breath in terms of longevity, but the glass shop did a very nice job with the installation and the window motor is very quiet, so it must be slightly different.

ya3coub

Reaction score
It’s been over
I'm going to order one. I like the sleek OEM look and ease of installation. (y)

EDIT: I ordered one. LOL
2 weeks since I’ve ordered mine, it got a problem in the shipping, and it was returned to them.
They respond to emails (thats a good thing), but now they shared a missing dhl tracking number stating it will arrive in 5 days, I’m not in a hurry and will wait.

Only if they had a nice kit for the vette I would've pulled the trigger on that too

ya3coub

Reaction score
I did finish the routing and installing rear camera yesterday.
If you could show us a sample of the rear footage and how do you like the mounting position vs angle, I’m waiting for mine to arrive and still can’t figure out how and where to install it, I like things to be clean and centered

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you could show us a sample of the rear footage and how do you like the mounting position vs angle, I’m waiting for mine to arrive and still can’t figure out how and where to install it, I like things to be clean and centered
On the rear camera, it's fairly compact compared to some zive seen and the mou ting is good. Tuck it up close to sliding window. Here is rear video. Thought I had posted it above.

ya3coub

Reaction score
What is "full bolt ons"? As in, what all have you done?
Vararam Air Filter, BbK 1/3/4 shorties with custom 3” catless exhaust, X pipe, dual pipes with ultra quite resonator and mufler in each pipe.

As an update the truck made 30WHP with the tune only, when I posted the previous post the tunner was still half way through the car

Tuner asked me to add thermostat, and advised with a throttle body porting/ bigger one as there is a high chance of 10whp additional power, and next to be either a cam pr a 6.4 intake manifold with it’s CAI.

ya3coub

Reaction score
On the rear camera, it's fairly compact compared to some zive seen and the mou ting is good. Tuck it up close to sliding window. Here is rear video. Thought I had posted it above.
Thank you, I should try to figure it out as I want it to be in the center, I rarely open the rear window fully.

The video quality is acceptable, but my OCD of not having it at the center means I will be spending hours on alignment

397STROKER

Reaction score
ok i wonder if these are different then? or do you mean "right up against the spacer" they send...? cuz this lined up perfectly but only with that spacer. (I dry-fit them even though I had the bolt/sleeve issue, just to check length and alignment and this was how I stacked the hardware they sent)

View attachment 160805
Which tbh looked a little weird to me with the washers stickin out a little... but i was gonna verify that with Core before finishing. I'm also waiting to install the Hellwig until i have these squared away.
Hmm. I didn't get a spacer like that.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you, I should try to figure it out as I want it to be in the center, I rarely open the rear window fully.

The video quality is acceptable, but my OCD of not having it at the center means I will be spending hours on alignment
Cable is plenty longz you could possibly route it out through 3rd brake light to center on outside of truck

Scion

Reaction score
Cable is plenty longz you could possibly route it out through 3rd brake light to center on outside of truck
In all likelihood, that probably wouldn't make it any more susceptible to water leaks than it already is. :ROFLMAO:

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tried the Lysol in the underhood air intake trick to clean the musty, almost sour smell coming from my vents (ac system). It seems to have worked. 🤷‍♂️
I am noticing a musty sour smell in the cab lately as well.

Is this a known issue? Has it been found to be related to the leaky rear window/third brake light/fin issue?

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry this took so long, I have been so distracted with life and the fact I have been to the dealer 3 times and now scheduled for a 4th time....

Anyhow, here are some pics of the project and yes it is Red, I feel as though the color Red has chosen me for some reason as every vehicle we seem to get is Red :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 160856
View attachment 160857
View attachment 160858

Needs some love for sure, but it does have a lot going for it.

74' Dodge W100, short bed, Club Cab, w/ Adventure package, A/C, PS, PB, SB V8, Auto and divorced transfer case and it's the NP 205, looks extremely overbuilt for a 1/2 ton truck.

Currently has an early 440 w/ headers and side pipes, so I expect this to make some noise:ROFLMAO:

The immediate plan is to get running and driveable so that way I can have it at my house, over the next few years it will get cleaned up and made to be road worthy.
Thats a lot of potential for the guy with patience and know-how. Wishing you and the kiddo all the best!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a used BedRug from a 4th gen. Sees like it will fit pretty good. Have to order the Velcro kit

Users who are viewing this thread