5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I hate people! F’n door ding.
Good thing it’s on the passenger door so I don’t have to look at it every time I get in my truck.

View attachment 160652

That's why I always park way out on the back 40, no matter where I go. Last week, I went to test drive a TRX at a Honda dealership. Their parking lot was tiny and cram packed with cars, so I parked at their Acura dealership next door, that had wide open parking. Walking is good for you and your truck. :cool:

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nice. They changed the rules in the US so regular salaried employees can no longer deduct business expenses. I own my own biz, so I can. Besides the obvious things like having a separate ehicle for personal use, there's additional rules that will allow it to automatically qualify as 'business equipment' like the bed longer than 6' and GVWR above 6000 (kind of like buying a dump truck). Once I told my accountant that the bed was longer than 6', GVWR above 6000, and separate POV, she had no question about deductibility. I used Section 179 and deducted the entire thing in the year of the purchase.

Same here. I have a second vehicle that can be used for personal use so I can write the truck off as a business expense through my business. I am looking into bringing my car to my business as advertising so I can write off the race car stuff. I know a few other SMB owners that have done that and it worked out well or at least no IRS issues I should say.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here. I have a second vehicle that can be used for personal use so I can write the truck off as a business expense through my business. I am looking into bringing my car to my business as advertising so I can write off the race car stuff. I know a few other SMB owners that have done that and it worked out well or at least no IRS issues I should say.
Yep, no issues so far. Let's hope we're not targeted by those extra 87,000 IRS agents...

Crawpapa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I finally got around to installing the Leer tonneau cover I bought from Harbor Freight a few month ago during that awesome sale! It was a pain in the butt to try and do it myself so had to randomly ask one of my kids to come out and help or the wife, but I like the end result and hopefully don’t have any issues with it.
IMG_5502.jpeg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I did finish the routing and installing rear camera yesterday.

Attachments

• PXL_20230611_232943365.jpg
    PXL_20230611_232943365.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 57

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How was the Cforce 800? I've heard mixed reviews about them.
I’ll tell you what. When I bought this I had a Can-Am outlander 800 XT. those are, like other big brands, like 12k new. I saw this CF for $8995 new and it came standard with EPS, a 3500 lb winch, front and rear racks, Rear handles, 14” wheels, locking diffs, 2” hitch receiver, and a few parts were familiar to other brands like the CVTECH. And they’re built in the states. and when I looked at it, EVERYONE was like “Dude, you get what you pay for, it’ll be trash”

I took the plunge, they gave me $4k for the Can-am and I never looked back. Put probably 400 miles on it (my trips weren’t usually less than 50 miles for a day trip, maybe a 100+ for a weekend.) and of the maybe 4 big group trips I took it on it was one of the ONLY quads in the group we DIDN’T have to stop for cuz it was having issues. Haha

So at the beginning of those trips it was “oh CFMOTO, huh? 🙄” and at the end of them some of the guys would be like. “So… CFMOTO, huh 🤔🤔🤔

I dug it. Hadn’t used it in a while so I sold it, but when it’s time again (maybe for a SXS) I’ll be going CFMOTO. No question.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So did the install of the rear UCA/LCA and pan hard bar from Core 4x4. Man, breaking those control arm bolt torques was something else. 🥵🥵

IMG_3495.jpeg IMG_3497.jpeg IMG_3498.jpeg
Plenty of support from Core when I needed it, tho.

Everything went as planned except for the sway bar end links. Evidently some of our trucks have a welded nut on the frame end and some don’t. And the factory bolt for that welded nut is smaller than the hardware they include and too small for the bushing sleeve in the end link so there’s a lot of slop. When I talked to them, they did know that but hadn’t included a smaller bolt and a supplemental sleeve for the new end link. So they sent those out today. Excellent support, communication and service from these guys. 👍🏼

DCRAM

Reaction score
Updated some settings using Jscan including tire size for the new 35's, and wanted to report that I DID NOT lose park sense functionality. Seems like mixed experiences on whether park sense will drop out over a certain tire size.

My application: 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Laramie Trim Equipment Group II - 35x12.5x18 tires.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ll tell you what. When I bought this I had a Can-Am outlander 800 XT. those are, like other big brands, like 12k new. I saw this CF for $8995 new and it came standard with EPS, a 3500 lb winch, front and rear racks, Rear handles, 14” wheels, locking diffs, 2” hitch receiver, and a few parts were familiar to other brands like the CVTECH. And they’re built in the states. and when I looked at it, EVERYONE was like “Dude, you get what you pay for, it’ll be trash”

I took the plunge, they gave me $4k for the Can-am and I never looked back. Put probably 400 miles on it (my trips weren’t usually less than 50 miles for a day trip, maybe a 100+ for a weekend.) and of the maybe 4 big group trips I took it on it was one of the ONLY quads in the group we DIDN’T have to stop for cuz it was having issues. Haha

So at the beginning of those trips it was “oh CFMOTO, huh? 🙄” and at the end of them some of the guys would be like. “So… CFMOTO, huh 🤔🤔🤔

I dug it. Hadn’t used it in a while so I sold it, but when it’s time again (maybe for a SXS) I’ll be going CFMOTO. No question.
I feel the same way with my Z950. I couldn't justify big money for a toy, so I took a chance. Highly impressed for the money. Only issues I had were some small coolant leaks. Tightened up some hose clamps and I've been good to go.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I had to recommend a quad for a rich person to use around the estate for maintenance duties, and I pulled back from the cfmoto and recommended honda. I just couldn't garauntee it would be up at all times. I also told the guy I might try one to get into a 2 seat quad cheap for recreation, because I could afford downtime looking for parts. I've had 3 china dirtbikes, from worthless to ok, and looking for parts is the big time suck. As a toolmaker, I make/adapt a lot of what I need to make them work as well. Good reviews always help, but stable dealers with parts fiches is what I'm looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread