5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve got my fingers crossed the etorque system lasts! Maybe to 120,000 miles or so.

What's the expected downside to a faulty/nonfunctional etorque system?

Well, aside from the start stop not working which isn’t a major deal, I’d be more concerned about the system no longer charging the regular 12v battery, since one of its functions is an alternator. There’s probably other things I don’t know about but that’s my only concern with it.

The alternator functionality and bearing wear (same as alternator) are really my only concern.
My previous truck (Gen 3) went through 3 alternators in 277k miles. I have max care 7 years unlimited mileage though so I'm not really concerned about the parts, just Rams/Dodges :poop::poop: service

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The alternator functionality and bearing wear (same as alternator) are really my only concern.
My previous truck (Gen 3) went through 3 alternators in 277k miles. I have max care 7 years unlimited mileage though so I'm not really concerned about the parts, just Rams/Dodges :poop::poop: service
Yeahhhh I’m a DIY kinda guy so when it goes I’ll be tackling it myself I despise dealerships, last time I was in there the guy tried to drive my truck out of the service bay with the parking brake on 🙄

I wonder if the brushes in the eTorque are replaceable. That sure would be nice.

BackCountry'sBadass

Reaction score
Did and Oil change and had my kids vacuum the interior, now it needs a good bath, need to make sure the sunroof does not leak after the replacement.
I paid the $1,500 extra dollars to have a hole put in the top of my truck with a panoramic view, I hope it doesn't start leaking. But I appreciate you guys giving a heads up that I need to keep an eye out for that.

pkman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Keep an eye on the pivot point, and keep them lubed. The aftermarket steps are prone to rust. One guy had his get bad enough he couldn't get it to extend our anymore
Good advice. It's definitely in a bad spot right behind the tire, but at least we don't get salt here in Louisiana.

Bullseyeft

Reaction score
Well this past 3 weeks, I blacked out my 21 Bighorn. Swapped wheels, Lug nuts, bumpers, grille and upper applique from chrome to black. Finally the Ram I wanted when I bought this one. Also, G2 painted the calipers in red, installed the RC rear wheel well liners and mud flaps. Looking sexy, at least thats what my wife told me. I think she was talking about the truck though. Lol

Attachments

• 20230529_155742.jpg
    20230529_155742.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 20230529_164610.jpg
    20230529_164610.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 99

CogitoErgoLevo

Reaction score
Well this past 3 weeks, I blacked out my 21 Bighorn. Swapped wheels, Lug nuts, bumpers, grille and upper applique from chrome to black. Finally the Ram I wanted when I bought this one. Also, G2 painted the calipers in red, installed the RC rear wheel well liners and mud flaps. Looking sexy, at least thats what my wife told me. I think she was talking about the truck though. Lol
Is the upper applique matte black?
Do you have the part number for it?

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ouch! 😳 I bet you’re happy it’s almost over!
It hasn’t been bad at all really. The company I work for pays me a handsome allowance every month that covers my payment, insurance, maintenance and I get a fuel card AND I own the truck.
Basically, they bought the truck for me in just over 3 years.
It’ll be nice to get the extra $1124 a month in my jeans though for sure!

Last edited:

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It hasn’t been bad at all really. The company I work for pays me a handsome allowance every month that covers my payment, insurance, maintenance and I get a fuel card AND I own the truck.
Basically, they bought the truck for me in just over 3 years.
It’ll be nice to get the extra $1124 a month in my jeans though for sure!
Yeah, that's a nice setup. I bought my truck, but deducted the full amount off my taxes last year as a business expense for my biz. Since it's technically a "work vehicle", I deduct my insurance, maintenance, and gas as business expenses. As long as I can justify it, I also deduct my mods, like the Diamondback Cover (since it is security for my survey equipment) and Ravelco.

Davidbt

Reaction score
Not a big fan of black trucks, your's looks damn nice. I can't make out what the stripe is on the bed, but not a fan. Kinda takes away from the rest of the truck in my opinion.

Insanity

Reaction score
Already had the captains side but was missing the drinkers side. So I ordered it and the drinker can keep there travelers nice and frosty.

Attachments

• 20230608_230307.jpg
    20230608_230307.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 78

Users who are viewing this thread