5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would only make sense if you used it a lot for other things. When I was in high school, one of my first jobs was log truck maintenance. Every weekend I had 3-4 trucks to wash, change tires / brakes, oil, and of course grease. The electric grease gun was a godsend to me :LOL:
What is this log truck maintenance you speak of? :alien:

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry, must be a local thing. Those 3 words will never be in a sentence together around here. 🤣 I guess it's called an oxymoron. Cords showing, no brakes, broken windows, broken leafs, no lights kinda oxymoron. Heck, I seen one without a hood hauling before. Ours more likely are "pulpwood trucks".
Not sure about MI, but Logging is a huge industry here in BC🇨🇦.
We have a couple of trees here. LOL

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I washed Skittle, and today going to rotate the tires, this weekend I have to get the oil changed, as my dad is borrowing the truck to go the Races (runs a pit crew for his buddy) and its a busy weekend on top of all that! Ugh!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Damn! Let us now how that goes.
First real issue with the truck. Took it in because the sunroof would shudder when closing. Lubricating didn't help. Dealer said the tracks were binding and sunroof assembly is not serviceable, so whole thing needs replaced. Have less than 5k miles left on factory warranty

jdawgjm

Reaction score
Installed a Bakflip x4s cover on my Rambox short bed. I tried installing it before but found a rivet incorrectly punched in and prevented the cover rail from sliding into the box rail. I called the company and they were nice, sent me two new rails! The other rail was fine though. So I unpack the new rails, and guess what. Same deal. Luckily I have tools, lots of them. Proceeded to fix the rivets to allow the rails to slide through. Then found out both of the rails stuck out too much. The sharp edges took a little bite into the plastic top of the tailgate. No problem, I went and cut half an inch from the rails. (And yes they were all the way in, touching the bed bulkhead).

After all the manual work it fits and I still would do it again. I like the roll up nature of it. BUT If you don’t have the tools or “know how”, don’t buy this setup. It’s not “plug and play” due to these design flaws.

Last edited:

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yesterday I dropped it off at the dealer for sunroof replacement. They said it will probably be next week before it's done.
Did you get a loaner? Or are u gonna be driving the 66 charger that's in the east wing of your garage?

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been saying that about Ceramic Gray since I got mine. They have used a few of the other BTS colors before, but not ceramic Gray until now
just dropped off mine at dealer for tailgate and engine stall recalls, service adviser goes o yea nice color - this is gonna be the new color - hope he is wrong

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did you get a loaner? Or are u gonna be driving the 66 charger that's in the east wing of your garage?
It's a 66 D100. I have a company vehicle for work. Have the wife's Traverse, and can commandeer my daughters school car, a 2002 Volvo S60 T5 if I wanted to. Didn't even ask about a loaner.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guessing the dealership missed the decimal point
Yeah that happened to me. Dealership reported to carfax I had 94,xxx miles instead of 9,4xx miles. I took out that decimal point on the odometer :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread