5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I purposely kept back $1000 from the sale of my previous car to purchase the Borla ATAK for my truck. Actually had the exhaust before I drove my Ram home from dealer.
Seen so many posts of guys with garage’s full of new parts ready to go on their ordered truck that didn’t even have a delivery date yet. We’re a different breed no doubt.😆

I have an attic above my garage full of stock parts with less than 100 miles on them.😑

Last edited:

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purposely kept back $1000 from the sale of my previous car to purchase the Borla ATAK for my truck. Actually had the exhaust before I drove my Ram home from dealer.
I purchased my truck in a neighboring province so I had to keep back money from my sale to pay the additional taxes and transfer fees when I went back home.

I was able to afford a tonneau cover afterwards tho.🤣

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got a few pairs and I like them, but I agree the lenses don't necessarily hold up. I do like that almost every podcast out there will give you a half off code ha. And if you lose them, they replace them. For example, getting drunk on the lake and dropping them to the bottom (allegedly).
Last time I was in Mexico, I left my Serengeti‘s in a cab ride back from a bar.
Lucky I still had my Maui Jim’s with me……till I lost them to a rogue wave at the beach 2 days later. $800 worth of sunglasses gone in 2 days.
Wife was not to happy with me as I went to the mall and bought another pair of Maui Jim’s for $450.

Idahoktm

Reaction score

I can see that your tire shop also uses silver wheel weights on black wheels. :rolleyes: Discount Tire always tells me that they are going to use black weights when I buy new tires or get them re-balanced, but they never do. I bought a pack of black wheel weights on Amazon and just give them to the guy doing the install.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Last time I was in Mexico, I left my Serengeti‘s in a cab ride back from a bar.
Lucky I still had my Maui Jim’s with me……till I lost them to a rogue wave at the beach 2 days later. $800 worth of sunglasses gone in 2 days.
Wife was not to happy with me as I went to the mall and bought another pair of Maui Jim’s for $450.
It seems that I can lose an expensive pair of glasses almost overnight. Cheap ones stick around for years. I gave up on expensive glasses ha.

vincentw56

Reaction score
It seems that I can lose an expensive pair of glasses almost overnight. Cheap ones stick around for years. I gave up on expensive glasses ha.
I'm just the opposite. I looked up Maui Jim. If they made a cool looking pair, I might try them.

seansmd

Reaction score
I can see that your tire shop also uses silver wheel weights on black wheels. :rolleyes: Discount Tire always tells me that they are going to use black weights when I buy new tires or get them re-balanced, but they never do. I bought a pack of black wheel weights on Amazon and just give them to the guy doing the install.
yes, irritating, donna pay my kid with a sharpie

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
These showed up today so I can start my orange accent experiment.

IMG_2962.jpeg

For the Ram air cover and the sport hood sides. Unfortunately the “etorque” is from the non-sport hood pack, but I actually wasn’t gonna do that part anyway. Still gonna let Reflective Concepts know tho.
IMG_2958.jpeg IMG_2960.jpeg IMG_2963.jpeg

I like that these inlays/overlays are good quality and if i decide I don’t like it, I just peel em off whenever.

Ordering the rear UCA/LCA, track bar and sway bar next month.

And to that end, since I’ll have to become one of these people who owns a grease gun again, 🤣 any recommendations of manual vs the electric ones? I was lookin at the ridged one since I have a bunch of those 18v tools already. Last time I had one (for atvs) was before these electric ones were really available, and it wasn’t great.

Last edited:

Nstoolman1

Reaction score
Removed the back seats and floor mats( gave them a good pressure wash, not the seats). Took the liner off the back wall to check for water leakage and any damage. (None found). Put a baggy over the RH hub to give it a pre emptive protection. It can't slip over it tight so it should have some room to breath. Vacuumed the carpet. Also checked to see if the vents were installed correctly. Next will be to seal the window and install new 3rd brake light.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was I the only one who was flat broke after the truck purchase?

😅😅
every time I am in this forum I forget there is high inflation lol
I did good with my 4th gen, payments are low, use cash rewards here and there, do some of my installs and look for deals on mods
And the most important thing - no kids to drain my money

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Traded in our ‘19 Laramie for a fresh ‘23 Laramie Night Edition. Got such a good deal on the ‘23 that we couldn’t pass it up. $17,000 off of MSRP. View attachment 158441
excellent, I just went online to check things out, prices are starting to come down real good. even with high interest it seem market has turned to the buyer's side, atleast for ram trucks

Users who are viewing this thread