5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

obz

Reaction score
I am so glad I'm not the only one who thinks this!
I can't see anything out of my passenger mirror!
I've never seen a blindspot so severe. At least if the "wide angle mirror" were upright I'd see the blindspot. I don't need to see 90 degrees above me and a good look at the asphault.

obz

Reaction score
Ton of work, but did a full detail on the interior. Carpet and upholstery cleaning, dash clean, etc. Truck was nasty from the previous owner. I didn't take any before pics but the seats had stains and there was caked "gew" in the center console. Doors were all scuffed up too. Floors weren't bad due to the WeatherTech's but I pulled some pretty nasty brown liquid.

IMG_0397.jpeg

IMG_0398.jpeg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Problem for me and the hurricane engine is it needs premium fuel. That and like any turbo when you get on it even moderately your mpg goes down the drain.
Premium fuel doesn't better me. I already run 91 on my Ram because of the Pulsar.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Durango with Tow n Go, tows 8,700lbs. There was a major redesign for 21.

I like the redesign compared to the 2020 we have but might want a little more space. Maybe the center console redesign will help.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram would come with I6 not V6, but that doesn't matter for me lol V8 or bust ;)

I wouldn't do Sequoia, they share the same powertrain as the Tundras and those have turbo wastegate issues. Plus you get less for what you pay for. I'd stay with GC or Wagoneer. Modern Toyota trucks are not as dependable as they used to be. There's a reason why I jumped from Toyota to Ram lol

I know man, it’s a shame. I test drove the new Tundra but bought another Ram. Just couldn’t compare.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Didn't they just announce closing down the Cherokee plant?

I have a 2000 Cherokee. I think the last real Cherokee year was 2001. I was so upset when the new refresh came out. They should’ve just called it something else. 😆 My sister in law had one of the newer trail hawks and it was a joke.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Problem for me and the hurricane engine is it needs premium fuel. That and like any turbo when you get on it even moderately your mpg goes down the drain.

That’s a problem I agree with too. I’ve been using premium for a while though so it’s not a big issue for me. The main thing for me is that when you tow, you know you’re towing something more than a good old fashioned 8 cylinder. My plan is to pick up another 2022 Ram standard hemi in a few years after the car is paid off early. I also finally saw a BTS destroyer gray color today & it was great looking. I’m thinking billet silver or granite for standard trims Laramie/Longhorn/Limited or BTS destroyer gray.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Changed the oil. Switched to BND oil blended specifically for the Hemi. And added AcesIV to gas tank from BND as well.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ton of work, but did a full detail on the interior. Carpet and upholstery cleaning, dash clean, etc. Truck was nasty from the previous owner. I didn't take any before pics but the seats had stains and there was caked "gew" in the center console. Doors were all scuffed up too. Floors weren't bad due to the WeatherTech's but I pulled some pretty nasty brown liquid.

View attachment 155487

View attachment 155486
Looks great!

mesoavery

Reaction score
It depends on the version of the hurricane. 420hp only requires regular.  hurricane.jpg

jdawgjm

Reaction score
So does that mean 2wd only gets 420 and 4wd only gets 510? I only buy 4wd, but don't need 510hp, and definitely don't want lower mileage and $.60 more per gallon or more fuel.

Yikes I missed that part!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So does that mean 2wd only gets 420 and 4wd only gets 510? I only buy 4wd, but don't need 510hp, and definitely don't want lower mileage and $.60 more per gallon or more fuel.
No. There are two variants of the Hurricane engine. The SO (standard output) is 420 hp. The HO (high output) gets 510.

Or are you asking if they only put the SO in the 4x2, and only put the HO in the 4x4?

mesoavery

Reaction score
Those are the specs from the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer which are both optional 2wd/4wd. Drivetrain doesn't change the version. Wagoneer only gets the 420 version so we'll just have to see what versions we can get in the RAM.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As others said, there is or will be a standard fuel version. Mileage, of course, is inversely related to how hard you push on the pedal. But for the same power-speed profile, a turbo engine will get a little better mileage because it spends less time in starved-air mode (pumping losses), and has less internal friction by virtue of being smaller.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hauled another bike home
a867671158cd18274f6dfc3c58352838.jpg

7799694d7a97129ebd5f445f261ecb82.jpg

Also. Top pic with spacers. Bottom without.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
but don't need 510hp

Said no guy, ever! Man card in question?

Just kidding.

I said the same thing when I bought my 2006 Ram MegaCab 2500 Cummins with 300hp. But when I built it to 600hp and 1200ftlb tq, I said………………………..I NEED MORE!!!! Man I miss that truck. It was a blast to drive. A truck that comes factory with 500hp would be nice. Power there if you need it, but don’t have to use it. That’s where programmers come in. You can adjust for the power you need at the moment. On my Cummins, I had EFI Live with a knob I could turn that adjusted the tune on the fly. I could go from fuel efficient mode to full power mode in seconds (from 300hp to 600hp). That’s diesels though, if only gas vehicles were so easy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread