5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I applied for a job the other day that would see me working from home. I didn't get it, but not getting it was sort of a relief for me.

I know if I had been successful then we would start having conversations about the practicality of having the truck and making payments, and that wouldn't have gone down well.

I’m a little selfish too. I didn’t want to give up the Ram due to the comfort & quality. But I’m thinking I can get this other car, pay it off in 2-3 years, get back in a Ram, eventually sell the car & break even or make money. Retire with a Ram.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would be running a heater or dehumidifier for a week, if not, put a few damp rid containers in the back and just leave them. I promise there's a ton of moisture in those seats.
I haven't had any moisture on the inside of the windows this week so I feel pretty satisfied that there isn't much, if any, left in there. Nonetheless, I like your damp rid idea. I keep some down in the basement, so I put a couple of containers under the back seats. Thanks for the idea 🍻

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took my daughter to school, then grabbed some coffee and took the long way home while I updated my navigation. Took about 35 minutes. So far, so good...

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I applied for a job the other day that would see me working from home. I didn't get it, but not getting it was sort of a relief for me.

I know if I had been successful then we would start having conversations about the practicality of having the truck and making payments, and that wouldn't have gone down well.
I work from home, but that's a better argument for the Ram. I don't need a fuel sipper for a long commute. However, I inherited my mother's 4-cyl Malibu and it's become our go to road tripper. It does better on gas and I find it more comfortable and easier to get around than her minivan.

Got a pile of parts waiting in the garage for the Malibu. Time for some maintenance and upgrades.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Swapped to non-tow mirrors. I swear the tow mirrors have major blind spots on the passenger side.

View attachment 155362
Nice, I nearly went this route as I had a devil of a time trying to find a 1500 without Tow Mirrors. Every dealer in my area orders just about every truck with them. I am sure they are fine if you tow frequently, but I don't so I did not want them.

Last edited:
Reactions: obz

6of36

Reaction score
Nice, I nearly went this route as I had a devil of a time trying to find a 1500 without Tow Mirrors. Every dealer in my area orders just about every truck with them. I am sure they are find if you tow frequently, but I don't so I did not want them.
The problem is, each dealer has one person in charge of ordering their cars for stock. They order what they like. For me, I am within 10 miles of 6 dealers. I can't stand black wheels, and painted bumpers. (they look ok on a rebel, but I want a Limited). Almost every truck on 6 different lots has night edition package. Most of the trucks that come close to what I want, which is pretty loaded, the ordered the diesel. I can't own a diesel, because the fumes make me physically ill. I can't follow buses. The only way to get the truck you want, is buy close and modify yourself, or special order.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The problem is, each dealer has one person in charge of ordering their cars for stock. They order what they like. For me, I am within 10 miles of 6 dealers. I can't stand black wheels, and painted bumpers. (they look ok on a rebel, but I want a Limited). Almost every truck on 6 different lots has night edition package. Most of the trucks that come close to what I want, which is pretty loaded, the ordered the diesel. I can't own a diesel, because the fumes make me physically ill. I can't follow buses. The only way to get the truck you want, is buy close and modify yourself, or special order.
I nearly ordered my truck from my local dealer, but this was in May of 2020 and it was going to be at least 6 months to get my order. I was in a bit of a pickle as I had already sold my GMC, so I had no DD. So I had a bit more time as we were working from home, so I spent about a month searching and found my current Ram in WA and the only option it did not have is the Off Road group, but I have found that I don't really miss it.

That said, if I am to buy another new vehicle, I will most likely order as I am getting older and more particular about what I want.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
😆 I will get a quote for ya. Haha

I thought the same thing - what’s really the smart thing to do here bc I still want a non-etorque hemi again preferably. My only answer is to search for another 2022 with that setup & maybe by that time I’ll actually save money. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Haven’t put pen ton paper yet. But this car will be a rarity that I want & will go up in value (Integra Type R) so whenever I do sell it at least there’s that instead of depreciation for once.
just so you know there's a high chance they will discontinue the Hemi in 2024 or 2025 thanks to the "green initiative"
or at the very least, you won't be able to get it without e-torque (i have it and it's meh, much rather without it so one less thing to worry about)

my take is this: you can always make money to buy what you want, but for modern vehicles with all the electrical stuff, you want it new with warranty and if your current Ram is not giving you problems, keep it.
You'll always find another Type R later down the line and as the owners age of those modern classics go up, they tend to baby their cars more. So that's a plus versus.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
just so you know there's a high chance they will discontinue the Hemi in 2024 or 2025 thanks to the "green initiative"
or at the very least, you won't be able to get it without e-torque (i have it and it's meh, much rather without it so one less thing to worry about)

my take is this: you can always make money to buy what you want, but for modern vehicles with all the electrical stuff, you want it new with warranty and if your current Ram is not giving you problems, keep it.
You'll always find another Type R later down the line and as the owners age of those modern classics go up, they tend to baby their cars more. So that's a plus versus.
You already cant buy a 5.7l Ram without etorque, that started in 2023.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, I noticed that also. I would either buy a used 22 like I have already have or convert to the turbo V6 world I suppose.

We also have a 2020 Durango GT V6 that I am planning on likely trading in for either a grand Cherokee, Wagoneer, or Sequoia that is tow capable like my truck. Right now Sequoia is winning the tow ratings. We just need to haul wood a couple times a year for our boiler.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, I noticed that also. I would either buy a used 22 like I have already have or convert to the turbo V6 world I suppose.

We also have a 2020 Durango GT V6 that I am planning on likely trading in for either a grand Cherokee, Wagoneer, or Sequoia that is tow capable like my truck. Right now Sequoia is winning the tow ratings. We just need to haul wood a couple times a year for our boiler.
Ram would come with I6 not V6, but that doesn't matter for me lol V8 or bust ;)

I wouldn't do Sequoia, they share the same powertrain as the Tundras and those have turbo wastegate issues. Plus you get less for what you pay for. I'd stay with GC or Wagoneer. Modern Toyota trucks are not as dependable as they used to be. There's a reason why I jumped from Toyota to Ram lol

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Didn't they just announce closing down the Cherokee plant?

6of36

Reaction score

Durango with Tow n Go, tows 8,700lbs. There was a major redesign for 21.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe they are discontinuing the Cherokee, but not the Grand Cherokee. They are two different platforms
Well that solves that...we either run this 2021 Cherokee Limited until the end or we upgrade to Grand at some point😊 I like the vehicle but don't really need the extra room you get in the Grand...but I'm sure I could make do. Lol!

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
😆 I will get a quote for ya. Haha

I thought the same thing - what’s really the smart thing to do here bc I still want a non-etorque hemi again preferably. My only answer is to search for another 2022 with that setup & maybe by that time I’ll actually save money. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Haven’t put pen ton paper yet. But this car will be a rarity that I want & will go up in value (Integra Type R) so whenever I do sell it at least there’s that instead of depreciation for once.
Keep 2nd in line for that hellwig 😁

jdawgjm

Reaction score

The Problem for me and the hurricane engine is it needs premium fuel. That and like any turbo when you get on it even moderately your mpg goes down the drain.

Users who are viewing this thread