5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
1.25 spacers will put the factory wheels right at the edge of the factory fender flares? If you can, please post up a few pictures if you got the 1.25 spacers.
Depends on the wheels/tires you are running. On my BTS with factory wheels/tires, 1" rear 3/4" front put the sidewalls flush with the flares. Now that I have 35x12.50s the sidewalls stick out about an inch. The edge of the tread is about even with flares

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah I did 1.25 all around. Trucks getting inspected tomorrow. So I can install them after that. Since they are illegal in my stupid state.

I’ll be using them with my vossens. But they are similar offset to the factory wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Illegal spacers..... seems like I should be able to come up with a funny comment about that, but I'm just too dumbfounded, I guess

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do any you spacer-users tow regularly? Any concerns with towing on spacers?

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lots do. Spend the extra money for USA made bora.

Anyone who has issues buys the cheap Asia made crap for $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Depends on the wheels/tires you are running. On my BTS with factory wheels/tires, 1" rear 3/4" front put the sidewalls flush with the flares. Now that I have 35x12.50s the sidewalls stick out about an inch. The edge of the tread is about even with flares
I have the stock wheels and tires on my 21 BTS. I want to bring them out but keep them flush with the flares. Definitely don't want to stick out at all. Are different sized spacers really needed and do you by chance have a link to the spacers?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the stock wheels and tires on my 21 BTS. I want to bring them out but keep them flush with the flares. Definitely don't want to stick out at all. Are different sized spacers really needed and do you by chance have a link to the spacers?
If you want front and rear to be even, yes you need different sizes.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score

Yeah I want it even but I didn't realize there was a difference. Thanks

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score

Thanks. Are spacers that thin bolt ons or slip ons?

Edit.... I checked that website you linked and it said that .75 on up are bolt on.. did you have to trim the stock wheel studs to put the factory wheels on?

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. Are spacers that thin bolt ons or slip ons?

Edit.... I checked that website you linked and it said that .75 on up are bolt on.. did you have to trim the stock wheel studs to put the factory wheels on?
3/4" you definitely do. The 1" ones seem hit or miss. I trimmed.mine because I had just the slightest contact with the wheels on the back. Others have reported they didn't have any contact.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
3/4" you definitely do. The 1" ones seem hit or miss. I trimmed.mine because I had just the slightest contact with the wheels on the back. Others have reported they didn't have any contact.
How much did you have to cut

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How much did you have to cut
On the front with 3/4" spacers, I trimmed about 2 threads past the unthreaded nipple. On the rear, I just knocked the unthreaded nipple off, didn't touch the threads.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
On the front with 3/4" spacers, I trimmed about 2 threads past the unthreaded nipple. On the rear, I just knocked the unthreaded nipple off, didn't touch the threads.
Do you by any chance have a picture with the spacers and stock wheels

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Went to play in the desert with my friends. I had work in the morning so by the time I pulled in to camp was hours after dark. But at least I got to use the LP6s though.

IMG_2621.jpg
Oh man this is when I wish I had solid axle in the front...
IMG_2597.jpg
Pose of a pic in front of this... thing.
IMG_2690.jpg
Boogied on dirt going 60+ to see the badland.
Overall a pretty good trip for less than 24 hours!

More thoughts and rooms for improvement in my build thread.

Users who are viewing this thread